Search results

1. toodles

E Bike at Cross Country Endurance Event

Ok so we decide 250W e-bikes are fine on trails, they're still "bikes", people still need to put effort in, they help the elderly/infirm get out and enjoy trails. Next week, I've got a 1000W e-bike. Whats the problem? It's still pedal-assist, I'm just a bit more infirm than you are and need...
  2. toodles

2018 Kona pricing

Standard •Shock: RockShox Deluxe RT Trunnion •Fork: RockShox Lyrik Solo Air 160mm Tapered 110mm Spacing •Crankset: SRAM Descendant 6K •Drivetrain: SRAM GX Eagle 12spd •Brakes: SRAM Guide R •Saddle: WTB Volt Comp (Comp 250 size S) DL Version •Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe RCT Trunnion...
  3. toodles

2018 Kona pricing

If they'd juuuuust made the new M Nukeproof Mega 10 - 15mm longer...... :nerd:
  4. toodles

Transition Scout - what's the fuss about?

I'm 177cm and I've got a medium alloy Scout (still lusting after a carbon, but $/gram is savage). Absolutely love it - most fun and versatile bike I've owned. Mine is over-forked to 150mm which matches up with the feel of the rear suspension nicely. It is very poppy and fun to ride - I find...
  5. toodles

2018 Kona pricing

Ditto. Forgot about that. Now that you mention it, maybe just the rims are good. The stock bearings are shite and I did exactly what you described.
  6. toodles

2018 Kona pricing

Wait a minute.... Starting to suspect an ulterior motive here. You're right though - I grabbed a set of the Hope wheels to get the Scout going and they're still going strong more than 2 years later (aside from a random spoke defect haha).
  7. toodles

2018 Kona pricing

Yeah I'd go frame only, but my old Patrol has a 160mm Pike and a non-Boost wheelset so would need new forks and wheels anyway.
  8. toodles

2018 Kona pricing

Hell yeah. I've even got the Party In The Woods socks already.
  9. toodles

2018 Kona pricing

The new aluminium Patrol is more than the Carbon Kona for the same spec, and the Kona has a better warranty :decision:
  10. toodles

2018 Kona pricing

Can fit a bottle properly now though.
  11. toodles

2018 Kona pricing

Haha... I reckon. Will be a shock if I go that way after so many Transitions. Waiting for pricing on the new Patrols as well.... The Konas have lifetime warranty which is awesome. Prices I got on the new Kona Carbons for anyone interested. Process 153 CR DL - $7900 Process 153 CR - $6200
  12. toodles

2018 Kona pricing

Yeah normally a dirty Tranny fan but keen to see the new Konas as well
  13. toodles

2018 Kona pricing

Anyone know where to find the Aussie pricing on the 2018 Konas? Specifically the two carbon 153 models?
  14. toodles

To the undiscerning eye, there's little difference between an illegally modified, no speed limit 5kW e-bike and any other e-bike. If/when land managers decide to ban them/close trails after safety incidents I only hope they limit it to "no motorised bikes" and not "no bikes". E-bikes are...
  15. toodles

Every time someone calls an e-bike a motorbike, the pro-electric community come back with their "pedal assist" rubbish like it somehow means you don't have a motor assisting you. Once e-bikes in their current format are accepted (if they ever are) the next obvious step will be increasing the...
  16. toodles

The Epic made it worse by having so many fireroad climbs so the e-bikes could easily pass you again, only to hold you up on the descents. They really needed to be done seperately or something.
  17. toodles

Yup boys n E shredders

I wish mate! Super keen.
  18. toodles

Yup boys n E shredders

For those about to rock.... To do list for the Whistler trip peeps... http://www.vitalmtb.com/features/Vital-MTBs-Guide-to-Must-Hit-Whistler-Trails-Part-2-Whistler-Valley,1835
  19. toodles

Yup boys n E shredders

Tewantin is pretty sick these days. Hidden Vale isn't too shabby, the new trails open at the end of August.
  20. toodles

Transition Scout... any opinions?

Pretty stoked with mine after 16 months. Done about 2500kms on it, everything from 12 hour XC events (not really its strong point) to Enduros, longer XC rides, trail blasting, took it down to Derby, Hollybank and Hobart. Did the Port 2 Port with it, then the Stromlo DH track a day or two...