Search results

1. D

UK Equivalent of my Beloved Farkin

I've moved to Scotland recently and I'm trying to find an equivalent to Farkin to look for place to ride and bikes to buy. There seems to be a lot of small but shitty cycling forums that come up on google, is there anything as encompassing as this forum that anyone knows of? (oz has Farkin...
  2. D

Steel Alfine Hub Rigid Disk Mountainbike...

So, My mother has started cycling quite a lot so I gave her my old Repco fluro work strapper roady, but she finds the position too extreme for the long scenic rides she does. I've been asked to find her a suitable bike. She does a lot of road/dirt roads, is quite tall (5'10") and most of that...
  3. D

Shock body protection

Just a heads up for people with Ti springs that can rub on the shock body occassionally, I discovered this stuff at Jaycar: http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=WH5658 Fit's like a glove on my Elka shock and I imagine also on RC4, not so sure about DB or Vivid. The stuff is very tuff...
  4. D

135mm hub with symmetrical flange spacing?

Anyone found a 135mm hub with symmetrical flange spacing (center to flange distance the same for both drive and brake side flanges)? The only ones I've found that are close are American Classic/WTB, but even those are about 5mm difference. I run a 440 on the dh bike because it has...
  5. D

Fox 500x2.8 steel spring SOLD

Item: Fox 500x2.8 steel spring Location: Launceston Item Condition: Couple of marks Reason for selling: Spare Price and price conditions: SOLD Extra Info: It's springy. Post anywhere for $6. Pictures:
  6. D

Specialized 135x10 through axle rear hub SOLD

Item: Red Specialized 135x10mm through axle hub stock on Demo 7 (36 hole) Location: Launceston Item Condition: freehub perfect, main bearings might need replacing, just not as smooth as new Reason for selling: Sits there unused Price and price conditions: SOLD Extra Info: Good solid hub...
  7. D

Tuffneck F&R 150x12 and 20x110 823 rear 6.1 front SOLD

Item: 150x12 TuffNeck hub on 823 with champion spokes; 110x20 TuffNeck hub on 6.1 with champion spokes Location: Launceston Item Condition: Both hubs bearings are in great nick, front rim has one small ding, other than that it's reasonably straight, the rear 823 has one ding and has a kick to...
  8. D

Avid Juicy 5 front and rear set SOLD

Item: Avid Juicy 5 Front and Rear Set Location: Launceston Item Condition: Average, the front master cylinder is slightly sticky, but they work Reason for selling: XT's Price and price conditions: $20 an end Extra Info: Post anywhere express for $8 Pictures:
  9. D

Short 2010 888 evo review

I posted this on the monkey, but figured people here would be interested in it as well. The stock spring is quite stiff. I'm 105kg (230lb) and it is quite good for me with very little preload. First ride and general impressions in the absolute pissing wet: +Good: ~Fork goes about it's...
  10. D

Marzocchi 888 evo

I've recently come into a certain amount of cash and new forks are on the cards. The new Boxxer Team and 888 evo (not the ti) have come into the radar. The main concern I have, is that the importer (SVC) could be very much like the old one in that getting any sort of warranty claim in is...
  11. D

Sold

Item: 22/36t chainrings, bolts and bash guard from SLX cranks Location: Launceston, will post express anywhere for $8 Item Condition: Brand new, taken off new cranks straight away Reason for selling: Real men run ss Price and price conditions: $30 Extra Info: They look nice and shiny...
  12. D

Sold

Item: E-13 LG1 White with taco PENDING Location: Launceston but will post anywhere express for $8. Item Condition: Backplate is straight. Top guide is great. Bottom guide and taco has been butchered a bit to fit on SX trail. Still guides chain perfectly well. Reason for selling: E13...
  13. D

Minions rolling off 721's.

Had a bit of a problem yesterday at Long Gully with my front tire coming off my rim. Happened twice, once with getto tubeless and once with a tube. I run 32psi in the front. It's really annoying, happenes in g-out berms. Any tires that won't come off the bloody rim?
  14. D

YouYangs ride day

Here's a vid Luke made (guy hobbling up and down the hill with the busted ankle and the jib). Some decent footage, theres a few people on here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWrLga6QZ9w&feature=player_embedded
  15. D

Need room to rent in Melbourne over summer

Guy's I got a job with URS Corp over the summer for my Engineering degree internship and I need a room to rent in Melbourne for 3 months. The gig's at Southbank, so within like 20 k's would be good. I'm fairly decent at the whole sharing thing coming from a household of 5 and I'm a pretty...
  16. D

Gin, what is absolutely delicious

A desire to drink less weight gaining beer (I like stout) has lead me to start drinking a lot more of the clear spirits like gin and vodka. I write this on my 2nd day of holiday's, drinking a nice Bombay Saphire lime and tonic. Only a one drink left of the 1ltr bottle from duty free. In...
  17. D

For your Demonstratable pleasure I give you nine inches and a bit more...

Bit of an update: Some 4 pots because I'm not light. A swank new Elka, of which I'll give a good review once I've had a chance to ride it and new rear wheel expertly assembled by the good people at Sprung. New chainguide because the SuperGod was looking sad.
  18. D

Bright green plain jersey

I'm after a jersey that's bright/fluro green with not a bunch of over done designs on it like TLD. Like this, but in a long sleeve dh jersey. http://www.sixsixone.com/Catalog_Royal.aspx?id=b44d42ff-e37b-41c1-8c55-04b0d1b92cf9&product=edd2b96a-c970-44a0-a999-80b458c37b39 Anyone make one...
  19. D

sold

Item: Cove Peeler frame 05' I think. No shock Location: Launceston Item Condition: Structurally sound, only a few scratches, has been bead blasted by previous owner, except one section on inner swingarm. Perfect candidate for a respray. Reason for selling: Too small, picked up a large...
  20. D

sold

gone 10 characters