Search results

1. H

Starting a forum?

Anyone savvy on programs for forum hosting? I've done some research and the webs is overflowing with options. Have a good long term idea for a niche tech forum within the industry I work. Would become a virtual help desk of sorts and possibly tie in with future plans for branching out into...
  2. H

Workstand clamp with carbon frame and stealth dropper?

Just wondering what's the go? On my old frame with externally routed dropper I had an old seatpost I'd quickly insert to use on work stand or just clamp the frame itself once I stopped caring.. With fancy new carbon frame and stealth dropper post it ain't so simple? Pretty sure I could pad...
  3. H

Ks lev integra?

Anyone running one? Interested in alternative to reverb. Like the odi lock on/lever and interested in trying 150mm. Seems they got bad reviews originally but have been rectified with 2nd gen units having a different cable pull system?? but can't find much more info on the net bout the newer...
  4. H

Same clamp xtr brakes with xo1 shifters/reverb

Looking to run a single clamp either side for new build - xtr brakes (I spec b)/xo1/reverb (matchmaker) lever under left. Been reading about problem solvers mismatch clamps, looks like what I'm after, but.... I'm worried i may not like the positions? Anyone using them? Or have...
  5. H

Life/trauma/income protection insurance and mtb

Hey burners, Anyone done any in depth research in which companies policies are mtb friendly? Specifically will they pay if you crash a Dh bike on a legal or illegal trail, or crash on a ride on holidays like queenstown/whistler? I'm not into racing but do ride Dh and what would prob be...
  6. H

Light bicycle carbon Dh rims uh oh..

So I needed new hoops on the Dh rig not long ago and have always run 823's, just cause they rock. Anyway I was enticed by the carbon thing and dropping considerable weight and LB rims popped up. Enve can suck my .... I'll punish Alu rims over and over before ill spring the $ for them if I want...
  7. H

When can I order a custom carbon frame?

So recently I bought a set of cheap Chinese carbon rims from light bicycle china.. They're freakin awesome. And I kinda got to choose how much carbon they put in for strength. Mind you these are rims are for dh rig so i went with max strength.. but anyway got me thinking about carbon frames...
  8. H

Xo 9 speed rear shifter

Doing the sram 9 speed shifter with shimano 10 speed clutched derail on 9 speed cassette Dh bike. Working well, but the shifter I have is well old. Thought there'd be plenty of old nine speed kit laying around in people's garages.. Can get brand spanker for under $90 online, would pay 30 -...
  9. H

Cairns Dh shuttles - 4wd or not?

Coming up for worlds ! Woo hoo!!! So pumped.. Would we be missing out on many trails if we don't have a 4wd? I know kuranda is cool with 2wd but not much else.. 4wd just so much more expensive to hire.. Bit of local knowledge much appreciated..! Cheers
  10. H

cheap clutched derailer for sram 9 speed...

So as the title says.. A mate put me onto it. needed a new derailer, was keen on trying a clutched version but wasn't keen on bending over and spending to upgrade my whole drivetrain to ten speed.. picked up a 10 speed zee from crc for $66 and running it with sram nine speed...
  11. H

Watching World Cup with shit Internet...?

As the title says, I'm away from home, got sad Internet. Tried other redbull replays and none of them play, they stop every three or four seconds. Not gonna watch it live but will be trying to watch it after work tomoz.. I've noticed u can't pause and load in red bulls shitty player like u...
  12. H

Cycling central or road bike central SBS..?

Anyone else watch this show? I don't actually watch it, i just fast forward the whole thing on the off chance there might be 30sec of mtb coverage. Which there pretty much never is.. If you watch the opening credits you'd think the show had a good representation of all genres of the sport, but...
  13. H

Ticks!

Is it just me and where I build, or is there a plague of these things going on right now. Been building same area for a few years and had the occasional one, but lately it's been pretty much every time I'm in the bush I've had one or two. And they are tiny tiny little things, like first stage...
  14. H

Is Adelaide Radelaide for riding?

heading down soon from bris, working at womad.. in town for 4 days fri - mon and only have to work for a few hours so thinking about bringing bike :dance: unfort i won't have transport, apart from bike if i bring it, and be staying inner city. guess i'm looking for some local advice on...
  15. H

Cove Handjob steel frame hardtail PRICE DROP! SOLD!

Item: Cove Handjob 17.5 (medium) Location: Brisbane Item Condition: Good Reason for selling: Busted knee Price and price conditions: Drop to $650! Extra Info: Awesome bike, way more playful than a standard xc rig... the appeal of steel... check cove website for the full lowdown...
  16. H

QLD Sold

$1500!!!! Selling a cove handjob steel frame hardtail also Item: Intense Slopestyle medium Location: Brisbane Item Condition: Great Reason for selling: Busted knee :-( Extra Info: Busted my knee riding DH mid 2009, (actually bought this frame about a week before i did it)...
  17. H

Comments on Pic of the day?

title says it.. be it raggin on mates or proper critique of good photo's.. it'd be cool.. yeah?
  18. H

QLD SOLD Pending Payment

Item: Intense Slopestyle medium Location: Brisbane Item Condition: Great Reason for selling: Busted knee :-( Price and price conditions: $1800 start bid on ebay here Extra Info: Busted my knee riding DH mid 2010, (actually bought this frame about a week before i did it) built it...
  19. H

QLD SOLD Pending Payment

Item: Intense Slopestyle medium Location: Brisbane Item Condition: Great Reason for selling: Busted knee :-( Price and price conditions: $1800 start bid on ebay here Extra Info: Busted my knee riding DH mid 2010, (actually bought this frame about a week before i did it) built it...
  20. H

Accountants? - MTB's and tax

Had a thought today doing tax shite. noticing how much $ i've spent on bikes and bits.. Just what would you need to do or prove to make mtb and related costs tax deductable? is it claimable as transport to work? wear and tear etc. initial purchase costs? also i am an ABN holder and say...