Search results

1. F

MTBA & CA Partnership

Press release just received: http://www.cycling.org.au/?ID=46961 Cycling Australia and MTB Australia announce partnership deal Cycling Australia (CA) and Mountain Bike Australia (MTBA) are pleased to announce a five-year partnership focusing on a range of commercial and event delivery...
  2. F

Cavendish's helmet

Picked up the new edition of RIDE with the cover pic of Cavendish. What got my interest was the helmet he used to win the World Championships - there's a couple of pics of it most notably on pages 12, 30 and 52. It appears to be the S-Works Prevail but it has a clear plastic shell covering the...
  3. F

Is the FS 26" XC bike dead?

Just having a quick look at some of the bikes on offer for 2012 and have noticed that both Trek and Specialized are offering FS 29" XC bikes and not 26" - with the exception of just one model from Trek (Top Fuel priced at $9,999). Is the 26" XC "race bike" dying? It may be premature to suggest...
  4. F

Racing & singletrack?

I'll preface this by saying I used to race XC before work took over and I relocated to Sydney where life off the bike became the norm. I've always maintained my love of cycling - all disciplines - but it is XC mtb that I ride. I'm starting to get back on the bike now and once fitness is regained...
  5. F

XT Crank (L)

Was riding on the weekend when my foot slipped off and made contact with the ground which I thought was odd because I was clipped in. That was until I realised my pedal was still clipped to my foot. Anyway, because the the thread in my XT crank is shot, I need an new left crank. My local...
  6. F

What shock pump?

I need to get a shock pump for my bike. My questions is: What shock pump do you recommend based on your usage of them? Do all shock pumps fit different forks and shocks? Are all pumps the same? Does it matter what one I get?
  7. F

XC ride - Blue Mountains

I'm keen to take my new XC bike for a decent ride up in the Blue Mountains. I'm on holidays for another week and half so anytime during the day should be OK (just depending on my wifes shifts at work). I've only just upgraded so am still working on fitness but any trails will do even if it is...
  8. F

'08 Specialized Epic Marathon

It took its time getting here after ordering it in early November but it is finally here!!:) My first dually having ridden hardtails. Only had a chance to ride it home from the shop today but I'm still on holidays for another 2 weeks so it will get its fair share of riding by the time I go back...
  9. F

Bar ends... are they too "old school"??

I've noticed a lot of XC bikes now run riser bars instead of flat bars. I thought I'd jump on that band wagon too but found I was no where as comfortable as I was with my flat bar with bar ends. As a result I re-installed my flat bar. Are bar ends too "old school" now? There is no where the...
  10. F

Bike Show/Expo?

Is there a bike show/expo this year? If so, where and when?
  11. F

New season bikes

When do the '08 bikes start hitting the shops? (especially Specialized). If it's sooner rather than later I'll wait for the new season bikes.
  12. F

Buying a bike on finance

I want to gauge opinion on buying a bike using finance from Flexiway. Especially if any one works in a bike shop and offers this service I would love to hear from them. A lot of bike shops now offer finance through Flexiway but I’m not sure if I should go ahead and do it or not. Essentially I...