Search results

1. wavike

Sold SOLD pending payment

Item: RockShox Recon Silver TK MTB 26" Solo Air Fork 100 Mm 1 1/8" Remote Lockout Location: Southport, Queensland Item Condition: Used, good condition Reason for selling: retiring frame Price and price conditions: $75.00, pick up only Extra Info: 180 mm steerer Pictures...
  2. wavike

NERANG Helmet & full finger gloves FOUND 10.30 Fri 30/12

I picked up a blue helmet and full finger gloves from a car space at Nerang Velo carpark about 10.30 this morning Friday 30/12/16. I've left them at Just Ride - put in cupboard in Women's section.
  3. wavike

QLD SOLD QLD Splesh EPIC 26 2011 M

Item: Specialized EPIC 26 2011 Medium (Comp model) Location: Queensland, Gold Coast Item Condition: Good for age. Well maintained and shop serviced, with new parts & upgrades Reason for selling: Time to move on Price and price conditions: $1150 pick up Gold coast or Brisbane. Post - make it...
  4. wavike

One for the Mechanics - question.

Long story - 16 yo daughter has ended up in a wheelchair due to heredity health issue. Wheelchairs purchased, been looking to buy vehicle for transport. Most vehicle modifiers & second hand are in the southern states and need to try before buy. We have a demo vehicle atm (Renault Kangoo). I'm...
  5. wavike

Foxtel - Broadband, iQ2 or 3 - school me

We're looking at getting foxtel. A family member has a rare medical condition and spends a lot of time resting and watching some TV at present. At the moment we are with iprimus and get at best 3.4 mpbs on ADSL2. I don't think this will cut it for viewing. So looking at getting telstra...
  6. wavike

QLD CX racing Nerang Sat 30 May

I went for a spin around Nerang yesterday and noticed the Velo has been mowed for a CX race. Not being in the CX loop I hadn't heard this was on. I've done a couple of the Nerang CX races and it a fun track that Robbie lays out. info below- https://www.facebook.com/events/795240713889546/...
  7. wavike

Hearing Aids for riding - anyone else out there.

I started wearing hearing aids about 4 yrs ago. I'm not that old but a combination of environmental (OK, rock concerts), genetics and a surfing accident wiping out left ear led to this. My normal aids are $6k a pair and I've lost one riding so new ones don't get worn on the bike. i can get by...
  8. wavike

Botranger XR - Expert series Tubeless or not

I've finally got around to having a go at setting up my Crest wheelset tubeless. I put a Botty XR 3 26x2.2 expert on the front - seems to have worked well. Went out and got a XR 2 team for the rear, I'll put that on soon. I've just realised when searching the web that the expert XR 3 is not...
  9. wavike

Replacing gear cables - outers as well??

I'm running X9 f&r 3yrs use/old. It's still shifting well, but both cables are frayed at the derailleur and starting to look unsafe. So the question is would you normally replace the outers (full length splesh frame) when putting on new cables. I'll be probably getting it done at LBS so will add...
  10. wavike

FOUND Nerang Full finger glove

Full finger glove found in the carparking along side the velo. Good condition so someone might want it back. Shoot me a PM or message here if it's yours.
  11. wavike

Question for surfers

I've just upgraded to a new car, it beeps at me when I open the door when keys are in ignition etc etc etc. Has humanity got that stupid that we need these things.... I seemed to get by fine for the last 30 years without this shit. Main problem is I can't lock the keys in the car when i go for...