Search results

1. T

FOR Sale - Forrest Festival Ticket

My mate who was going to give me a lift has broken his wrist. So I can't make it. So I am trying to sell my ticket and his for $140 each. PM me if you interested. Alternatively if anyone has a free seat I dont mind chippin in for petrol money.
  2. T

LOST White Bike Computer on Yarra Trails on Wed 7th

Lost a bijke compauter somewhere along the Yarra trails between Johnston Street and Pink Ribbon. Let me know if you find it Thanks Lanky
  3. T

Mtber with unrealistic expectations wants to unload an 100km Otway Odessey Entry

Went away to do Army Basic Training and got back last Sunday. Still feeling lethargic and I am less fit than when I went away. If anyone wants my spot let me know. Will accept a $50 donation to Forrest MTB club which I will rely on the honesty of the new rider to deliver PM me Alistair
  4. T

How to make Trail building sound sexy Danoz Direct Style

Introducing the Latest Fitness Sensation - Trail Building Sick and tired of • getting up early to run around a park • Training with a bunch of soft latte sipper in their Calvin Klein Track Pants • Not getting dirty or any cool bruises to show the missus • Paying high school jocks to...
  5. T

Non-Standard triple Chainring Orientation for a Cyclocross bike

I use my crossie for commuting but with the standard chainring setup 30-39-50 teeth setup I end up with a bad chainline stuck between my middle and big chainring. So I went out and bought a new slightly bigger middle ring at 42 when the last ring wore out and had problems with my derailler...
  6. T

Forum for Bicycle industry jobs

Would be cool if there was a specific forum where people could post up jobs that they are offering or have found are being offered in the industry. Not just talking about retailers, but maunfacturers, distributers and even people building bike infrastructure. Alot of jobs are found through...
  7. T

Commuter with Cred/speed for under $1k???? Dew Drop?

As I am now working for council building on road bike lanes I get to choose a fleet bike in order to do inspections/meet council bike fleet objectives. I also get to spend $500 on accessories, which is mainly for safety and security such as locks, helmets etc So I originally though a Masi...
  8. T

VIC Alfine 8 speed shifter

Alfine 8 speed shifter (Preferrably a black rather than the silver) Location - Victoria (Caulfield or Fitzroy) Item condition description - preferrably new but second hand is ok Price and price conditions Negotiable PM me
  9. T

Monstercrossing?

The idea is to get MTB (preferably a 29er) then add some drop bars and a rigid fork if you don’t have one already and enjoy. Are there any of these bike around in Aus? Sounds like a fun idea. Can be run SS or geared. Most have Discs due to their MTB background. Midgee Bars are also...
  10. T

On-One Rigid Carbon Forks

I am looking at getting a 29er fork, though wouldnt mind feedback from the 26er about the ride quality and durability of the On-One Fork. I have seen a few guys riding rigid forks at races and it interests me as it is the main downside I have found riding rigid, that I can get some sore hand...
  11. T

Dirty Deed CX Series in Melbourne

Finally a CX series in Melbourne. 3 races each a month apart 27th June Brunswich velodrone 25th July Darebin Parklands 29th August TBA You will need a CA license which is $30 for 3 races. Entry is $10. Should be a fun one if the interest in the Warby CX race is anything to go by.
  12. T

Bike Comparison @ Forrest Dualie Geared 26er v SS Rigid 29er

Track So i just completed the Forrest 6hr is some relatively muddy conditions. For those who haven't been lucky enough to ride at Forrest the conditions were varying from well draining sandy soils, some overgrown firetrail and some muddy/slippery clays. The course was has good flow, not too...
  13. T

Square taper BB lifespan

I have done 7000km on my 1 year old CX bike which I use mainly for commuting on. The beef is that the BB is now cactus, with lots of play :mad:. Who the hell puts a square taper a 2009 bike! The options to replace it with are pretty ordinary and low grade. I just dont understand why they...
  14. T

Stopping Cleat Bolts from Rusting in

Yep I mangled the allen key holes on my SPD bolts, so after hacksawing and alot of muscle with a screwdriver I managed to get the bolts out. Looking at the thread on the bolt I can see why it was in such bad form. So much muck and rust. What is the best way of making sure that my bolts go...
  15. T

s24o riding - Anyone been doing it?

For those of you that arent familiar with a S240 the idea is to go for a short bikepacking trip carrying your camping gear and be back in 24hours. It means that you dont have to set aside an entire weekend, allows you to get in some riding and to get away from the city for a night and enjoy the...
  16. T

Warburton Cycle Fest featuring CX, DH, CX, BP and so many more acronyms

Ripped off from the Warburton Bike Fest. Good to see the CX has been included! http://www.warburtoncyclefest.com.au/ May 1 & 2, 2010 Join in the fun celebrating all things cycling. This is not just a road ride or mountain bike event- it’s all things bicycling that we can squeeze in one...
  17. T

LOST Surly Mr Whirley Crank Tenstion Cap - Lysterfield

Lost my Mr Whirly Tension cap at Lysterfield last week and I am struggling to buy a new one. Has anyone found it? Have no idea where it came off, but the cranks fell off on the Middle Track and I was going anti-clockwise. So I guess somewhere before there. Any help would be great...
  18. T

Melbourne Audax Ride

Ride to Sorrento and back overnight. You will need to contact Jim to get details and book you place. Anyone attending. In true, well kinda mtbing style I will be riding it on my Crossie. Friday Feb 5th 2010 VIC Road Salute to Irene Plowman Escape the city heat, test your lights...
  19. T

Heavy Duty Bash guard for 29er SS

When I was in the US it was the thing for SS 29er riders to try and clear logs more than 2 foot high. I wanted to show off now that I have 29er but when I did I bent the bash guard (Salsa Ring Dinger) luckily outwards. Guess that it is a bit flimsy for what I wanted...
  20. T

Does you know about the Lysterfield/Officer/Beaconfield Loop

I cant remember where I heard it from and who it was about (maybe the Van de Ploegs) But the story goes that some elites would ride a massive training ride that was a big loop that included riding the tracks at Lysterfield, Beaconsfield and Officer. I think that it may have even included a ride...