Search results

1. link1896

VIC Link’s dumpster fire of wheels for sale

Item: Mavic 823 on novatec 4in1 Location: 3070 Item Condition: bloody close to new Price: $50 or offers. Pending KIP Reason for selling: liquidation sale. Extra Info: bought second long ago, suspect it just passed onto me in a trade that was all to favourable my way, could have been plank, way...
  2. link1896

VIC XTR M980 mini groupset SOLD

Item: XTR M980 2 x10 mini groupset Location: 3070, happy to post. Item Condition: used but in great condition Price: $500 but negotiable Reason for selling: liquidation sale has begun. Legal and medical bills in excess of 30K have wiped me out. Extra Info: 2x10 crankset. 170mm, 38 and 26T...
  3. link1896

A time and place where the pandemic, war, the energy crisis and global warming all intersect to kick off deglobalization?

I’ve been reading Peter Zeihan’s new book “The End of the World Is Just the Beginning: Mapping the Collapse of Globalization”. I’ve had, in comparison very simplistic and shallow thoughts along similar lines to what Peter Zeihan is saying for a while now, that globalisation has passed its...
  4. link1896

No cross country race included in the 2026 Commonwealth Games

included events are not fixed in stone, but we didn't make round one of the proposed events https://www.ambmag.com.au/feature/no-mountain-biking-in-the-2026-commonwealth-games-579031
  5. link1896

2018 Sworks Turbo Levo

Bought this yesterday. Drove to South Australia to make it happen.
  6. link1896

Brose motors

I’ve had a brose mag s apart. Less then 10 hours use on the motor, as the bike was attacked by a metal bar and the frame is trashed. No wonder these motors don’t last. Hmm. Uses a 15mm wide, 5mm pitch High Torque Drive (HDT) profile belt. From a google most of the big belt manufacturers...
  7. link1896

Wanted: Specialized Turbo Levo Carbon

Item: Specialized Turbo Levo carbon FSR. Location: aus wide Price range/Willing to pay: you tell me via PM. This threads gonna be a shit storm. Extra info: ok stepping into my flame proof suit now. I’m jumping into fixing ebike motors, so I’ve gotta own one. I’d be happy with a frame or a...
  8. link1896

Fork bushings

Another fun area I’ve been playing with is fork bushings. Fork bushings are a critical part of forks that all too often get neglected until they have worn through the stanchions coating. Bushings are the contact points between the uppers and lowers, that the stanchions slide on. Many many...
  9. link1896

CSU rebuilding

During lockdown I bought myself a 20 ton press and taught myself how to rebuild CSU’s following Oliver Majewski’s (Blue Liquid Labs) method. Crowns make hideous creaking noises due to corrosion forming on the mating surfaces between stanchions and crown, and steerer and crown. Locktite 609 is...
  10. link1896

Xprezo Adhoc

I bought this frame off @NoFilter for a bargain price as the linkage is shagged, and Xprezo closed up shop a few years ago, leaving the poor girl destined for the scrap heap. Xprezo was a boutique, hand built frame manufacturer in Canada. Aluminium front triangle, CroMo rear triangle. Stock...
  11. link1896

Genetic sequencing

Gattica has fully arrived. I’ve very likely got a few gene mutations, specifically the MTHFR mutation. B vitamins are a huge problem for me My doctor yesterday told me it will be about $100 for a local test just to look at the MTHFR mutation, or it’s $300 usd for full genetic sequencing from...
  12. link1896

VIC WTB: boys 16” bike in Melb FOUND

Item: Boys 16” bmx Location: Greater Melbourne ideally Price range/Willing to pay: you tell me Extra info: birthday end of the month for the little guy.
  13. link1896

Photo of poodle finally found

14. link1896

The great bike shortage of 2020

As if 2020 hasn’t fucked with us enough yet, here is what Merida are telling dealers with regards to supply of new bikes. I had heard this verbally from a few store owners with regards to many brands, and was sent this tonight, the dates are eye watering: “here is a post from one of my...
  15. link1896

FOUND: Wahoo Tickr/Tickr X heart rate monitor

Item: Wahoo Tickr/Tickr X heart rate monitor Location: Covid central, Melbs. post please Price range/Willing to pay: 60-80? happy to talk swaps Extra Info: somehow I've lost all three. Need a wahoo for heart rate variability measurements Pictures:
  16. link1896

Strava drops Bluetooth support

“When you record a workout on Strava, it’s our job to make sure your effort is captured accurately and reliably. We recently discovered that pairing Bluetooth heart rate monitors and power meters directly with the app is causing Strava to crash for millions of athletes — most of whom don’t even...
  17. link1896

Two enter, one leaves

Need a tag along for the little guy. I don’t want to be stuck on fire trails, and he’s a little sensitive to rough tracks. So I’m thinking the rear triangle from this curb side find and a steel framed tag along bike will get mashed together.
  18. link1896

WTB: 28T XX1 chainring. Found

Item: SRAM XX1 chainring in 28T Location: post works well Price range/Willing to Pay:show me condition Extra Info: need to drop down from 30T.
  19. link1896

Kid hauling bike version 2

While I’m off sick and incapacitated, I’ve slowly been working on getting the kids seat onto an old Norco Sasquatch frame I got from Poodles. Built like a tank. It’s hard to fit a kid seat onto a small or medium frame with enough room for your ass on the seat to allow proper off road riding...
  20. link1896

VIC SWAP: XT shifter and mech for SRAM shifter and mech FOUND

Item: Swap my XT 10 speed I specB shifter and derailleur for your Sram 10 speed shifter and derailleur Location: Aust post are pretty good Price range/Willing to pay: swap Extra info: To go on the Norco Sasquatch with a kids seat on the back. Shifter is a SL-M780-B Derailleur is a RD-M786...