Search results

1. gbar

You Yangs Ride Day 29th of August BOOKED OUT

pushing up I haven't pushed up for a year I don't reckon I miss those days Shuttles are better....means I can get home totally smashed at 1am and still punch out a decent number of runs the next day...hangover should be dealt with by the 4th run. Maybe. Carn the mini van.
  2. gbar

Places That Rock

Apollo Bay How bout Apollo Bay in Victoria? Awesome in the summer.... Beach views while hittin Downhill.....sweet.
  3. gbar

Eildon ride day!! Check it!! September.

nice one.....should be able to find that...love google maps
  4. gbar

Eildon ride day!! Check it!! September.

Where? Never been to the Eildon downhill track....Where are you guys meetin to get started?
  5. gbar

VIC **SOLD**GT it 1**SOLD**

Never really realised how solid the spec is on this bike. S'got good stuff on it And I can't count the number of times my derailler has been bent and damaged from shuttling, even in the last couple of months, looking more and more like a smart option.
  6. gbar

What are good handlebars?

sunline v1 and deity dirties are gettin all the votes, does anyone know where to get em cheap? I am in the market and wanna buy in aus, not wanting to wait for crc etc. There doesn't seem to be much in the farkin for sale section except a bunch of funn bars. lookin at something low rise...
  7. gbar

Poly pipe bike rack

you could fill the bottom parts of the pipe with sand or water so that downhill bikes wouldn't knock it over, but yeah, I'd be keeping it round the back of the house.
  8. gbar

Nerang... Whats there?

Dunno, Anytime I have been to the GoldCoast I have been driven or been driving, public transport is generally pretty shite I think, specially for bikes, Don't know about the legality of the track, but it's not inconspicuous, quite a bit of work been done.
  9. gbar

Nerang... Whats there?

Didn't look too big from the first photos, this is one of the gaps, that dog is a monster, biggest ridgeback I have ever seen, just for some context.
  10. gbar

Nerang... Whats there?

Just found some photos that a mate sent me from some stuff on the hill in Nerang, he can see the tracks from his work looking over the hwy from spencer st in Nerang, I think the place is called Gravities? Looks pretty big.
  11. gbar

World Cup Question?

12. gbar

Mt Stanley (near Beechworth) DH Shuttle Day - Sun Dec 7, 2008

After reading the linked info Just what exactly does strong intermediate skills mean? Can't see the video at work, Haven't ridden Beauty or Thredbo but spend a bit of time at the You Yangs, Red Hill in Mornington, Kinglake, Narbethong and Granton. Have been to shuttle days at the Yangs and...
  13. gbar

Yarra Bend Park Proposals

supported, in writing, would be great to see a commitment to an MTB facility so close to Melbourne.
  14. gbar

Bowden Spur Kinglake - The rebuilding of a new legal DH riding facility.

building already? Hey guys, is the track going to remain rideable through the building process? Is the sanctioned building already happening? If so, that was super quick Can pitch in, will check the trail building threads I guess to see when the build dates are. Should get some photos up...
  15. gbar

trailer ideas

wood Actually if you use excalibers idea you can rig the whole thing up with timber, saw some angles, a few nails and you're done. two by four is the coolest, and available to anyone, even those without welding skills.
  16. gbar

Otway/apollo bay ride weekend

One more sleeps
  17. gbar

where did your farkin name come from?

Cat be still
  18. gbar

forks on a bullit

seven or eight inches is fine, I think they have a 7.5 rear end and were designed for free ride, they are great for downhill, tuff as anything out there. I had eight inches up front, massive clearance at the bb for plowing rockgardens but you probably lose a little through the corners...
  19. gbar

sold

Hey, I have Pm'd you