Search results

1. cam-o

Replacing Fork lowers - Fox

I run 2010 Fox fit RL (120mm) with a 9mm qr at present, but my wheelset can be easily converted to QR15. (Crank Bros Iodine) Is the change noticeable and worthwhile if I bung on a set of QR15 lowers? Can you buy the lowers separately?
  2. cam-o

[QLD]Hiring a roadie - Gold Coast

Hi Queenlsnders, I'm off to the GC soon and staying in Broadbeach. The apartment we're in has heaps of cyclists rolling past every morning, so I'm thinking some training miles while I'm there might be nice. Trick is I don't want to take my shiny new carbon toy and have the airline gorillas...
  3. cam-o

Santos Tour Down Under - Watch it from a team car!

Here is a unique opportunity to watch a stage of the Tour Down Under from the best seats in the house. UniSA, Santos and Cycling Australia have generously offered up for auction a seat in the UniSA team car for a stage. Proceeds from the auction will go to help Hartley Lifecare support...
  4. cam-o

If you had to choose 1 overseas race.......

I've developed a bit of a hankering to go hit a race overseas, mainly just to get out on the bike in a different part of the world, see the sights, meet the locals etc. I'm not ever going to scare the podium so prize money etc I don't care about, but I'm looking for a challenge and preferably...
  5. cam-o

Garmin 500 Edge - data storage

Any GPS geeks out there? I have a Garmin Edge 500 (which I dig!) and have recently started running it in "sample every second" mode to make it more accurate on twisty MTB tracks. What I can't work out is if this will have an effect on the battery life, and how much it will reduce the ability...
  6. cam-o

ACT SOLD - Yeti 575 frame - Small

Item: Yeti 575 - Small. I am 176cm and it's a tiny bit too short for me. I think it's a 2005 or 2006 Location: Canberra. Item Condition: Good, usual scratches. Reason for selling: Doing more Enduros now so got a 4" race bike. Too many bikes. Price and price conditions: $700 neg - Also...
  7. cam-o

ACT SOLD - Yeti 575 - small

Item: Yeti 575 - Small. I am 176cm and it's a tiny bit too short for me. I think it's a 2005 or 2006 Location: Canberra. Item Condition: Good, usual scratches. No cracks. Forks will be fully serviced with new seals for sale. Brakes are 6 months old, Chain, Cassette and middle ring all...
  8. cam-o

XC Red Shiny Goodness

I've been on the hunt for a new XC/Enduro rig for a while now and spoken to a few people all over the place. Looked at Intense's in VIC, Tomac's in NSW, Yeti's in Brissy and all sorts of other stuff. Just like a bad Tom Hanks movie, it turns out true love was just around the corner. :p...
  9. cam-o

I don't get singlespeeds.......

.....so I figured I'd better build one up and see what the fuss is all about. Looking around the garage I realised there was 80% of a bike lying around, so I grabbed a cheap rotorburn sourced SS Hardtail frame and an SS adapter kit and here she is: Frame: Giant XTC SS (dunno what year)...
  10. cam-o

Anyone ridden/owned a Yeti 575 AND Yeti 5?

I'm currently riding a 4-5 yr old 575 and I seriously dig it, however the combination of a strong aussie dollar and a potential US trip for work soon has me thinking maybe there's a place for a shiny new one in the garage. My riding is general trail stuff (mainly Canberra) with club XC races...
  11. cam-o

*sigh* another anti-cycling moron in the media

I was flicking through Top Gear mag today (Oct issue) and came across Bill McKinnon's column. The guy was obviously out of ideas this month so decided to go the idiot route motoring journo's love when they are stuck - let's bag cyclists. He went on to describe an "amusing" story where a...
  12. cam-o

ACT WTB - Front QR Disc whel

Item: Front Wheel - QR 6 bolt disc. Location: Canberra - willing to buy from elsewhere if the shipping isn't crazy. Price range/Willing to Pay: As little as possible for something reasonable, thinking $50ish Extra Info: I'm building up a singlespeed from parts lying around the garage and...
  13. cam-o

Road Tyres - what to look for?

I put a pretty sizable cut in the rear tyre today and figure I'd better replace it. The bike came with Maxxis ReFuse on it and I've done about 1800km on them. Being a relatively new roadie these are the only road tyres I've ever ridden, so no idea if they are good or not. Any tips out there...
  14. cam-o

Foot pain in Enduros

I'm a fairly recent convert to the world of enduros so it's only in the last 6 months or so my rides have been longer than a couple of hours. I have noticed after about 2.5 - 3hrs my feet go numb, and then get painful. During the recent CORC 3hr it got so bad I had to stop and jump around in...
  15. cam-o

Riding in North Carolina

Just got a call from work and might be off to Raleigh NC for a week or so in April. I had been told by some of the guys that Raleigh was kinda dull (we usually go to Austin TX, that place rocks!) however the boss claims for mountains Raleigh is pretty awesome. Any Farkiners ridden in that neck...
  16. cam-o

[ACT] Stromlo - lube recommendations?

I have found over the last few months that my drivetrain gets gritty and noisy after about an hour at Stromlo. It got so nasty at the Scott 24 that I actually thought I'd killed the BB on one of my laps. Majura, sparrow etc are fine, it's just the talcy stuff at Stromlo that seems to be the...
  17. cam-o

The "How stupid do they think we are?" thread

Ever listened/watched an ad and thought "man, what sort of moron are they targeting this at?". You know the ones, where they pull some 'fact' out and you're expected to go "WOW" and buy the product. Thought it would be fun to list the ones that bug you most. I was prompted to post this by...
  18. cam-o

Calorie consumption - measurement question

I recently bought a HR monitor that will give a calorie consumption readout and I was curious as to it's accuracy. For my test I did a 5k treadmill run. At the end of 5k the treadmill showed a calorie readout of 480 whereas the HRM read closer to 380. This got me to thinking - which is...
  19. cam-o

Mont 24 on Foxtel

For those of you with Foxtel - there is a 1/2 hour show on National Geographic Adventure about the Mont 24. 4:30 this afternoon. I assume it was shot last year but the guide doesn't have a lot of detail.
  20. cam-o

[RANT] Trim your quotes people

Not sure if this is a site suggestion or more an 'off topic' - but anyway. When you are quoting somebody please only quote the bit you intend to comment on or respond to. Lately there's been a lot of quotes going on where the whole post has been quoted and only 1 or 2 lines were necessary or...