Search results

1. D

Are you Bike-sexual?

Urban Dictionary Found this on urban dictionary. Surprisingly I know a few people like this. Surely there's a few here on Farkin.
  2. D

Fox spring 300 x 3.25 (possible swap)

I'm looking to buy a fox 300 x 3.25" spring. Currently have a 500 x 3.25" in good nick and could consider a swap
  3. D

Diabetes Insulin Pump

Talked to my doctors today about my diabetes and suggested that I use this new-fangled insulin pump thingo I used to be on one before I started getting into riding but then it all went haywire resulting in a bit of ICU. I currently use old fashioned needles and that fits in well with riding But...
  4. D

Shimano DX shoes

I'm at the stage where I'm looking at new shoes and was wondering whether the Five tens are worth the extra $50 over the Shimano DX. I know Five tens are supposed to be THE BEST! but I want to hear from people who have worn both and have something to compare to. Sorry if this has already...
  5. D

Maxxis Minion DH Wear

My question hear is what wears faster 3C's or normal minions? 3C's have softer tread don't they so doesn't that mean that they'll wear faster or is my train of thought just completely wrong?
  6. D

GPS-enabled helmet

I was cruising my second favourite site today and found this http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/11/gps-enabled-helmet-calls-for-help-post-accident/ At the moment it's just a prototype and designed for motorbikes but Do you think that one day A MTB version will come around but more importantly...
  7. D

What position do you put your feet in?

I know this seems pretty pointless but out of curiosity I wondered whether being left or right handed affected the way you set your feet when you do jumps, hit berms, drops etc. for example Personally I am right handed and put my left foot out in front.
  8. D

Seat Height

I'm just starting to get into DH and was wondering if there was an optimum height for your seat, or is it just what ever feels right.
  9. D

trance and glory or reign?

Hey guys At the moment nearly every arvo I ride XC and spend nearly all weekend doing DH/FR, although sometimes it's the other way round. The plan at the moment is to get an 08 Trance x2 for Christmas and then wait until my parents sell their house and I get a glory DH1 or Expert (still...
  10. D

codes

My mate's been looking at new brakes for his shore, he's currently got hayes nines. He's looking at code 5's but I reckon he should just go all out for the codes rather than just the 5's. What do you guys think
  11. D

Which Glory?

firstly I'm looking for a good DH/FR bike between 3 to 4 grand. I've been looking at the glory's and tossing up between the DH1 or the 8 expert which are the same price. What are the main differences and what would you guys get or whats another good bike in my price bracket?