Search results

1. D

Kids MTB options

My 5yo has a giant XTC street 20" with 3 sp hub. Great intro to gears but a bit too high geared for trail riding. I have thought buggering around with a smaller chainring pr maybe I'm just being impatient. I'm a bit bummed about the coaster brake too but in general a great transition bike from a...
  2. D

converting 5 speed cassette to SS

if it's that old the 'cassette' will be an old school cluster which is screw on so once it is removed get a SS freewheel a-la-BMX and screw it on. Take your wheel into your LBS as a special tool is needed to remove the cluster and the thread needs to me matched up with your new freewheel. the...
  3. D

Australian ProTour Team - it might actually happen :o

Isn't a bit ambitious to think that this will work as a successful business proposal considering cycling's profile in Australia as a sport? Can't we be satisfied that in per capita terms Aussies are very well represented in the existing ProTour teams?
  4. D

"Scrap bike helmet law" says health expert

laws for minors? Last time I checked, enforcing any law on a minor was pretty tough. So making kids wear helmets comes down to their parents. Furthermore, how many idiots have you seen riding along with their helmets hanging off the bars? My point?... That legislated helmet wearing is pretty...
  5. D

SOLD $80 thanks

take a number and get in line!
  6. D

SOLD $80 thanks

Dukes Are you happy to post to NSW
  7. D

Cyclists Hit on M4 (Sydney)

Likewise sentiments. It's terrible to see another rider taken. I'm thinking I might just make a donation to the Amy Gillette foundation as a tribute. They funded the recent 'a metre matters' bike safety campaign on the TV. I'm putting in $20.00. C'mon fellas, how about it?
  8. D

kids helmets

well, it's come to this. with the increasing demands on my time my bikes are collecting dust so i've resorted to 'investing' in a trailer to go behind the bike for the boys (12mths & 2.5 yrs) to get some legit & guilt free riding time.(lame i know, but one day you youngsters, you'll...
  9. D

2009 Mt Stromlo WC Dates?

Tix were meant to go on sale today (Monday 29th June) through Ticketek. but I can't find anything. anyone else having the same problem or am I a retard and not navigating the site properly
  10. D

L'officiel Le Tour 2008 Thread!

Too right, most teams over the years agree it's hard to defend the yellow. My bet is they've taken yellow by accident, planning to save it all for the alps and the ITT, then 1 day to paris Totally off topic, did anyone notice one of the CSC bikes sporting what looked very much like a...
  11. D

MTB in Tamworth

back in the day when SPD's were a new development there was also a few single tracks out along daruka road, and a private property bounded by daruka & forest roads although i noticed last time I drove past this area was now fenced off. A good epic is out of town towards moore creek, moonbi gap...
  12. D

damaged fork sliders

thanks guys, worth a shot. got nothing to lose I suppose. Cheers
  13. D

damaged fork sliders

I've got a shiny new pair of Fox Talas forks which are great BUT .i'm pissed off cause I've discovered a scratch on the sliders from my hack riding no doubt. It's ever so small but it has already started to cause the seal to leak. Is there a fix for this or am I up for a new crown & sliders AND...
  14. D

Dirtworks 50km & 100m

be very scared! I rode a section of the great north road a couple of weeks ago which includes by my best guess a 10k section at around the 35k - 45km mark of the DW100 and it was tough. there are several fallen trees (which I'm guessing they will clear before the event) and it is so much more...
  15. D

Jury-rigging a geared duallie as a SS to get home

Unless it's a rotec with a single pivot around the BB shell or you can totally lockout your rear wheel travel I can't see any of avoiding walking. (you could carry a singulator type of replacement) I had the same problem on my FSR. The chain length changes as you compress the suspension. I...
  16. D

2007 Sydney 24hr

Wtf!! Not that I'd know s%*t from clay in the big-time event organisation arena but but from a competitor's point of view, isn't that a bit dis-organised?? entries open 29th march and the event starts 31st?? is there an entry limit?, are people going to show up only to be turned away as the...
  17. D

Which road bike??

by your own admission, you've got a couple of kg's to do away with from the waistline so i wouldn't be too worried about a kg or 2 on the bike. The other guys are spot on, if you're on a budget, pick the one with the better wheelset. reducing rotating weight is more important than reducing dead...
  18. D

Bike Related Deaths

another fatality was from very sketchy memory a friend of Paul Rowney's duing his time racing in OZ before his Haro deal in the US..say around '94,'95. It was a training accident on the road in the blue mountains. His tyre blew out or a single peeled off on a corner at speed and bam into the...
  19. D

Trail riding in NZ

Been thinking of making the hop over to NZ with some of the crew to see what all the fiss (sic) is about. We'd be looking for more XC stuff than Freeride or DH. We're too old for that sort of carry on. does anyone have any worthwhile information about best places to ride, bike friendly...
  20. D

Renee Junga Appeal

insurance?? I don't in any way want to sound crude or insensitive and maybe I'm just totaly ignorant (and willing to be told so...) but I thought as licensed rider, particularly one representing their country at a Worlds they would have fairly comprehensive insurance provided my MTBA, ACF or...