Search results

1. R

Favourite descent at Mt beauty

I am heading up to Mt Beauty for a couple of days soon. I have seen a map of the Mt Beauty tacks, and it looks a bit of a maze. Being a family holiday I will not have time to explore them all, but I am hoping to con my way into a couple of shuttle runs over the weekend. I am interested in your...
  2. R

Kids downhill Training / Skills

I am trying to organise a group of kids/ younger riders for a day with the Skilla downhilla downhill training, run by Matt out of Yarra valley cycles. Matt charges $300 for 4 people, so assume $75 per child for the day (may be cheaper if more come) The sessions are run in Doongala from 9...
  3. R

Kids downhill bikes 24” wheel

My soon to be 9 YO son is about to outgrow his 20” GT Chucker. Does anybody out there have any experience or suggestions in the 24” wheel downhill style bikes? The 2 main ones I know of are the Kona Stinky 24 and the Norco B-line (apparently the importers are not bringing in the B-line this...
  4. R

Wombat Burning-off

I was out at Wombat yesterday morning and the Daylesford CFA were there about to start burning off. They were a little unsure the exact region but it sounded like south/west of fingerpost Rd down to Burnt Mill Rd. That does encompass much of the mountain bike tracks.
  5. R

Kids / Junior Mountain biking in Melbourne

Hello I was wondering if anyone knows of any junior programs in Melbourne area? I have an 8yo son who rides reasonably well for his age, but would benefit from some coaching, and would enjoy riding with kids of similar ability. My guess is most junior programs focus on the 15 and 16 YO...
  6. R

Dual Slalom at Long gully?

I heard a while ago that there was a dual slalom track being built at long gully and there would be events there in Jan 09. Any body have any updates?
  7. R

youyangs national series downhill footage

Just loaded some rapidly put together footage from the downhill race today. At 9:15 pm it was still being processed by youtube. No music, no titles and very little editing, but I thought it might be nice to get something up soon after the event. Enjoy It seems to be up already. It is a bit...
  8. R

Video , Bandages or glory Downhill race up on youtube

I have posted some video of Bandages and Glory from the down hill race on Sunday. Unfortunately I was only there for about ½ an hour, and I missed elite. I think it is mainly the old guys, hardtails and the young guns. Still, I guess these guys don’t usully get featured in video's. It covers...
  9. R

Nerrina Downhill tracks

I have an aerial shot of Nerrina attached. I thought it might be useful if those in the know could add where the downhill tracks are. I am not sure where the tracks are so one of the pictures is quite a wide area, and the other is zoomed in. Use whichever is appropriate. Maybe we could colour...
  10. R

black hill downhill tracks

I have an aerial shot of blackhill attached. I thought it might be useful if those in the know could add where the downhill tracks are. Maybe we could colour code them Yellow for competition track Green for easier tracks Red for harder tracks Save the image to your hard drive, open in...