Search results

1. scooter

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

This is from a little while back, but I've been overseas. I may have missed something during that time or just in general but I don't quite understand your statement about them not negotiating and taking my way or the highway stance. Was your comment in relation to something in particular or...
  2. scooter

road bike build - from scratch

The pale blue shown in the first pic is very nice indeed. Your friend must be over the moon with this bike, is it built up yet?
  3. scooter

road bike build - from scratch

That is absolutely gorgeous. What is the true colour of the paint? In the first pic it looks like a fairly light blue, then becomes purpley in the other shots.
  4. scooter

Post your all mountain bike

My 2011 trance x1, running an elka stage 5 rear and talas 150mm at the front, 24/36 xt drivetrain and ztr flow/pro2 evo wheels.
  5. scooter

MT Joyce opening day report + ride reports + updates

Those tracks look awesome, I can't wait to get out there.
  6. scooter

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

This thread won't be complete until someone rolls out the Laffer curve, misinterprets it and then spams a bunch of links to Von Mises dot org
  7. scooter

Birds don't study engineering and are therefore a blight on society.
  8. scooter

And your evidence for this is: (A) Tony Abbott says so (B) some rightwing nutbag on the internet who said their policies were to give heroin to schoolkids and force everyone to have gay abortions (C) Andrew Bolt says so FYI, India has a carbon tax and China is planning one. But hey, don't...
  9. scooter

Seems to me we had an election recently. Your dislike of the outcome does not invalidate the results. In reality, sometimes things don't go the way we want. Deal with it.
  10. scooter

What suspension travel defines AM?

All mountain is defined as exactly 4.34892 inches of travel at the rear wheel, as measured with a park tools RL-2 ruler. No more, no less, no excuses.
  11. scooter

Campagnolo groupset advice

I've been using athena on my road bike for the last year or so with no cause for complaint, even after using it for a 120 mile ride on rough rural roads. It works perfectly, looks fairly good, and as an 11 speed group won't be superseded for years to come. If you're looking for your first campy...
  12. scooter

Fork pressure 2011 Trance X1?

I used the instructions in the main post, but used a different sized shim. After a couple of different sizes I went with something fairly large cut from a pack of cds, it's something like 137.5 x 28 x 1.1 or thereabouts (I'm pretty heavy though). It's dead simple to do, so it's easy to keep...
  13. scooter

Fork pressure 2011 Trance X1?

I had an issue with bottoming out my trance as well, until I did the mod you're talking about. My lbs priced a standard sleeve at a bit over $100, so the $0 spent on the shock mod instead seems a pretty good deal.
  14. scooter

Daisy Hill Accident?

Which trail was this on? When I was coming up the fire road to the southern car park I think around 3pm the gate halfway up towards the car park was open but the top gate was closed, and a park ranger asked me if the cops were still down there.
  15. scooter

Reign 1 vs. Reign 2

It depends on how hard up for cash you are, and whether you suffer from upgrade-itis. I was in the same boat a few months ago as well and chose the opposite to slowandold on the grounds that buying the up-specced model would probably stop me from trying to upgrade all the parts on my new...
  16. scooter

QLD Brisbane City Council Mountian Bike Review - Due December

Figured I'd bump this old thread to give an update. I've been corresponding with my local councillor to try and find out why council had seemingly shelved any management plans or further action, and it turns out the draft management plan was released today. You can find it here. I've only...
  17. scooter

The cyclist and driver debate continues; Cadel Evans weighs in on it.

If you need to take emergency action (swerving onto the other side of the road as opposed passing in a controlled and safe manner) to avoid cyclists on a popular cycling route, perhaps you should slow down a little. If you want to avoid a head on collision, don't pass a cyclist, or any other...
  18. scooter

Advocacy Alert ATTENTION BRISBANE RIDERS: mountainbiking access survey

My understanding is that council also undertook another survey on this subject to compare to the main survey. I believe they randomly selected people who lived near BCC recreational areas and asked them similar questions to those in the main survey. If I was cynical I might suggest that...
  19. scooter

TAS Pike 454 $SOLD

Just what I'm looking for. PM sent.
  20. scooter

Advocacy Alert ATTENTION BRISBANE RIDERS: mountainbiking access survey

The results of the survey have been out for a little while now, but it doesn't seem like council has been doing much to let anyone know about it. You can check it all out here. I've received a pretty useless response from Cr Matic, and have written back in again pointing out the community...