Search results

1. Steve_N

NSW Port to Port 2014

http://flowmountainbike.com/2013/10/racing-port-to-port-stage-race-announced/ This looks interesting... Have always wanted to do the Cape to Cape but logistics got in the way. This looks like a worthy alternative. However, clashing with the Convict 100 will present some issues...
  2. Steve_N

Capital Punishment 2012

Entries opened this morning for the 2012 edition... Who's in for this? Thinking of doing just the 50km option this time around...
  3. Steve_N

Mt Stromlo to Mt Coree Epic

Just tossing around thoughts of a ride from Mt Stromlo to Mt Coree (or thereabouts) and back... Has anyone done a similar sort of ride before? Can it be done all off road? Can anyone give me any estimates of distance, approx time it'll take, which trails are best to take? TIA
  4. Steve_N

What's With the Hate?

I normally commute to work by bike and I've seen some crazy things in my time... but today's ride to work was just plain weird... Maybe it was the rainy weather... maybe this guy had some issues... who knows? Riding up the cycle path on the Warringah Fwy in Sydney heading to Chatswood and...
  5. Steve_N

Dirt Works 100 - 50km Entry For Sale - SOLD

Entry sold...
  6. Steve_N

Dwellingup 100 2010

Just wanted to find out who rode the Dwellingup 100 (http://www.dwellingup100.com.au/index.html) this year and what were their thoughts on the race? Super interested to find out more about the race too in terms of amount of climbing (and type - long and grinding, short and steep etc) involved...
  7. Steve_N

2010 BMC Classic

Any word on whether the BMC Classic will be on again in 2010? The other popular marathon events have already announced next year's dates, except this one... Any info appreciated...
  8. Steve_N

BMC 100km Classic 2009

Am thinking about heading down for this event for 2009. What was the 2008 version like? Will it be worth the 10 hours or so travelling to attend? What were the trails like? I imagine if I can make the DW100 on a rigid 29er then I can ride this one without too much difficulty. Sounds like the...
  9. Steve_N

Long Angle Gully - Blue Mountains

Hey All, Thought I might check out Long Angle Gully now that I'm only a stone's throw from the area. My question is: Whereabouts can you hook up with this trail? I've been checking Google Maps and it looks like you can ride in at various points such as Spurwood Rd at Warrimoo or...
  10. Steve_N

Stromlo World Cup - XC/DH

Here are some pics I took of Saturday's XC and DH practice...
  11. Steve_N

Turner Hill and Marrinup, WA

Am currently in Perth visiting the folks before Christmas and got the chance to head up to the hills today for a spot of mountain biking. I didn't bring my bike but luckily, my brother-in-law offered up his old Norco so jumped at the chance. Headed up to Turner Hill first which is about 10km...
  12. Steve_N

6v Halogen Globes - Where to Get Them?

Hey All, Newbie to Farkin here. One of the globes for my old Vistalite halogen set has blown and I want to get a new one. I've googled around and found one place - www.lightingpro.com.au - but you have to order $40 worth of stuff before they'll ship... Anyone know of any other companies...