Search results

1. O

Pine forest at Red Hill

Nice vid but you've cut out the off camber root section near the end of the track. Its probably the hardest section to get right and I would have liked to see how someone else does it. The vid of Fabien Barrel at redhill shows how to make it look easy, jumping the first few roots and then...
  2. O

Narbethong Freeride track true or false

Northshore style tracks like the one that was at Narby aren't really that popular anymore. Any of the old ones would have fallen down by now without any regular maintenance.
  3. O

Narbethong Freeride track true or false

The weight of those Banshee bikes would have brought it all down sooner or later anyway!
  4. O

Athurs Seat / Mornington Peninsula MTB proposal

Well done RHR. You've been very persistent and patient with this, it seems like it's been a long time since word of a mtb park was first mentioned. Does this include eaton's DH trails and the AM trails that are near the old quarry?
  5. O

MTB hubs in road bike?

Disc brakes haven't been approved for road or crit racing yet. You might want to look into a non disc version if racing is a priority?
  6. O

Riding at red hill or around Arthur's seat Mornington peninsula

Just had a look on strava and one of the main builders at eatons has all the tracks on his strava account, so I guess it doesn't matter? Looks like most of the trails have nearly a hundred or so on the leader boards, so I don't think the "No strava" sign is going to do much good!
  7. O

Riding at red hill or around Arthur's seat Mornington peninsula

At least one of those tracks has a " no strava" message on it. I think we should respect the builders wishes and not post them up here or on strava.
  8. O

Zee 1x10 Issues

Just backed off the b tension screw on my zee while in the 11t cog. Chain went loose like in your pic. Tightened it about half way and the tension on the chain was good.
  9. O

New roadie - 2015 Defy Advanced Pro or 2015 Scott Solace Disc

Ok. I only mentioned it because you are after discs and relaxed geo. You get that with the cx plus extra frame clearance for wider tyres. I guess there must be some advantages to having the road specific frame though.
  10. O

New roadie - 2015 Defy Advanced Pro or 2015 Scott Solace Disc

It's already been mentioned but have you considered a cx bike. With a change of tyres you can do either dirt or bitumen. The only disadvantage I can see is a slightly heavier frame and forks and 36/46 chain rings. My road bike hasn't been used over winter, whenever I feel like a long ride I'd...
  11. O

Shaving/Waxing legs

I think it's more that it's easier to clean up and bandage gravel rash with out the hair in the way. So it still comes down to if your a pro or you fall a lot. Otherwise you just want the look. It's not for me but each to there own.
  12. O

Shaving/Waxing legs

Don't do it! I can't see any reason to shave your legs unless your a pro or you fall off your bike a lot. It's really just for the look. Should you really care what a bunch of lycra wearing roadies think about your riding based on having hairy legs? I race B grade crits and I'm usually the only...
  13. O

MTB etc around Mt Beauty for a couple of old piss sops

Rocky Mountain bikes on Mt Bogong The staircase up mt bogong is the hardest walk I've ever done, I was carrying a 30 kg pack with board attached though. It starts at 600m and tops out at 1986m. The better way up is to drive to camp creek and go up the eskdale spur, starts at 1100m...
  14. O

Cyclocross gallery - post yours!

They look really nice and would be a good option if you also want to run road tyres at high pressure. I wanted to be able to run a tubeless set up at low pressures and no burping. The iron cross wheels have been made for that purpose. Have you tried setting up the cross lights tubeless?
  15. O

Cyclocross gallery - post yours!

The wheels are about 2100g. A lot of the weight is in the rims. I don't know why they used deep aero alloy rims. With normal rims they would be around 1800g. I bought some Stans iron cross wheels which are about 1560g and cost $590. They have held up well on Lysterfield, You Yangs and Forrest...
  16. O

Drop some weight

I have a set but have only used them for the otway 100 and about a months worth of riding. They aren't my everyday wheel set and I only use them for racing or if I have problems with my other wheels. They have a weight limit of about 80kg, I'm 72kg and they have held up fine so far. With sworks...
  17. O

The You Yangs Thread

It is a labour of love and it's lasted well over 10 years so far. The first time I met Trav was when a mate Dishy was helping him build the first DH track at the yy's, 10 years or so ago. I think Trav was already well established then as the main trail builder. Since then I see him building...
  18. O

You Yangs Gravity Enduro 030814

Looks pretty good to me. A couple of straighter lines through the rocks maybe but I'd say the biggest difference on that track would be fitness, you need to be on the pedals, full gas on every small climb and smooth part of the track, spd's would be better than flats. No resting. If you were...
  19. O

Anything still rideable (uh, snow not mtb) in CO?

My partner was in Boulder about month ago and the local ski resorts were still open and they had just had another 50cm dump. They will be closed now but there would still be snow at the higher elevations. Check out wildsnow website if your into backcountry skiing and you need some info about...
  20. O

Arthur's Seat MTB chair lift expression of interest

The top of Arthur's seat is 5km from the eaton dh trails. They would need to build new dh trails. There is some xc closer but who would pay for a chairlift ride to access xc?