Search results

1. bjmtb

2018 Commencal Supreme V4.2 Air Sock conversion - Help needed

Yeah it's definitely a no go fitting it without either a different linkage designed for that stroke shock
  2. bjmtb

They said the 250 x 75 was fine, however I'm pretty sure the guy who I spoke to had no knowledge of DH bikes (let alone the V4.2) despite working for the company that sold them
  3. bjmtb

Yeah it is/was secondhand. Measured it up, the original shock on the bike is a 267x89, however commercial AUS still claim the air is fine, though the guy I spoke to has never actually fitted one so I'd rather speak to someone who has
  4. bjmtb

I spoke with them 2 weeks ago and they assured me it was a straight fit, however their English was a little broken and I'd rather double check it with someone who has actually done it firstly to ensure it's done properly
  5. bjmtb

Currently has around 200psi in it
  6. bjmtb

Hey Guys, Just after some help with shock fitment. I've got a mate who's just picked up a 2018 Supreme V4.2 with a coil shock and has also bought a Super Deluxe Air to put on the bike. The air shock is a 250mm x 75mm and according to the Commencal website it is the right length etc. However...
  7. bjmtb

DH 2018 Specialized S-Works Demo Dream Build

I've ridden and raced DH for over a decade, as has my brother, both running freeride tubes and neither of us has had a single flat in that time. I tried tubeless and blew up a wheel, so couple that with the mess it makes every time you need to change a tyre, I decided I'd rather stick with...
  8. bjmtb

Ride update (comparing to my previous 2014 S-Works Demo) Positives Still blown away by the suspension every time I jump on the bike. It seems no matter how hard I have pushed it so far, the forks in particular have taken everything in their stride with ease. The sag keeps it beautifully supple...
  9. bjmtb

Haha yeah, il take that!! I'll have to check what model etc I've only taken it out over the last weekend so far. Final build was finished last week. Probably won't be doing much/any climbing on it though, aside form riding back to the top of the track, usually I use do shuttled runs
  10. bjmtb

Fair point, that's what I was told from the shop, never looked into whether that was correct or not
  11. bjmtb

Specialized S-Works Demo Medium Bar Ends: Carbonice Hansel and Gretel machined to fit ODI lock-on Bars: ENVE DH V2, 23mm rise, cut to 760mm Bolts: Ti-Springs, Pro-Bolt and Carbon-Ti - Full Ti Hardware Brakes...
  12. bjmtb

4X Dream Build STP

A few years back I put together a bike with my brother and our goal was to build our dream hardtail. Built as a 4x, use it for some xc, dirt jumps and pump track. 7 years later it's still going strong and I felt it time to build a new one up for myself. A few months of trolling over the net and...
  13. bjmtb

Custom STP Project

No rock strikes yet. Time will tell, if i remember il post an update in a few months. They weren't overly expensive for pedals, so no big loss if they can't handle it.
  14. bjmtb

Custom STP Project

Ahh ok, i'l look into that in future, cheers!! It's built towards a 4X setup that works as an allrounder. So wanted it fairly low at the front and use it between Pumptrack, XC and some Downhill. The seatpost remains uncut so it can be lifted or dropped as necessary (Not a huge fan of a dropper...
  15. bjmtb

Custom STP Project

Researched a few different options, honestly didn't know that was available. The cranks and bottom bracket needed some aftermarket work to get them on the bike. The mate who owns and built it is a fitter and turner so sorted all those issues out himself. My part was purely parts list, chasing up...
  16. bjmtb

Custom STP Project

So a mate contacted me with a project, to build the ultimate STP! We had some fun throwing round ideas and came up with a parts list (the stem in particular proved difficult to get a hold of), with his cash backing it, we got to ordering! New coat of paint over the frame, custom decals and...
  17. bjmtb

VIC 2012 kona operator. SOLD PLEASE DELETE

Price drop $1200
  18. bjmtb

Price drop $1400 Price drop $1400
  19. bjmtb

Item: 2012 kona operator (Large) Location: Ballarat (VIC) Item Condition:Used Reason for selling: No longer ridden Price and price conditions:$1200 Extra Info: Renthal fat bars. Odi grips. Maxxis Minions. Boxxer RC forks (medium spring) Giant direct mount stem. Xo shifter...