Search results

1. Slowman

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Are there many of these 10 man groups? Or even one that anyone can name? I'd certainly like to join one. When I was drinking at Kooralbyn Resort I was with Kerry Packer (a looong time ago) but he never shouted me. For a while I kept bumping into him, like at the Lakeside Hotel for breakfast...
  2. Slowman

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Or possibly a Jeep Cherokee, I think the Yaris would be too reliable.
  3. Slowman

I have more than 1 investment property and both my wife and I work (so we can die and our kids can spend it all! I have shown them how to spend on expensive bikes). At first it seems like you are getting a bit of help but as you pay them off that opportunity to claim the interest expenses...
  4. Slowman

Thinking of giving a gravel bike a crack

I think originally, gravel bikes were just CX bikes with taller gearing, disc brakes and no top tube adaptations (for carrying as in CX) like all things, a bunch of people took to them, and as even more came to the party, they all wanted to go in different directions. So now, I need a gravel...
  5. Slowman

If Trump gets back in watch America become the hand maid's tale. I still do not understand how a crook and a traitor is allowed to run. I suppose I have to respect the presumption of innocence until the trial finds him guilty but anyone else would not make bail and be held in remand. Surely...
  6. Slowman

Remove remote lockout ?

But this is my superpower :D
  7. Slowman

Remove remote lockout ?

Doing exactly the same thing. See p.17 onwards for a the old dual air SIDs https://www.sram.com/globalassets/document-hierarchy/service-manuals/rockshox/front-suspension/2011-sid-service-manual.pdf
  8. Slowman

NPWS fences off trails south of Heathcote Oval

Yes the Roman trail is rideable but the trails down to the dam are overgrown and impassable unless you get down on your hands and knees. Which I did to see if it was just a short section but I gave up after 30m. If I recall the latest POM detailed the areas identified as potential habitat.
  9. Slowman

NPWS fences off trails south of Heathcote Oval

As it turns out, the broadheaded snake has never been seen in this area. The area was identified as “potential habitat” for the snake, along with other areas in the Sydney basin. Doesn’t sound like best science just politics. Just the usual policy of shutting down access. I’ll find the link to...
  10. Slowman

Anyone tried the Swytch conversion kit?

Has anyone tried the Swytch Bike front wheel conversion kit (or any others)? It looks light weight, compact and very simple to install. They look very easy to swap back to the original non e-bike set up too, just swap out the front wheel, take the battery off, and disconnect the leads. It uses...
  11. Slowman

What made you decide to e-bike?

The reason I'm interested in an eBike is because after a 3 hour surf I'm feeling a bit tired and riding up the 3km hill to get back to the car (in national park) can ruin you for the next day. Some of the boyz are riding electric skateboards back up the hill and there have already been a few...
  12. Slowman

How To Choose An Electric Unicycle

I fully endorse this decision making process. A flow chart would be nice.
  13. Slowman

Possibly stolen stuff on bookface

She's selling off ex-hubbies toys :D always bargains to be had ;)
  14. Slowman

What does your day look like?

Telopea speciosissima are out in full bloom around Heathcote
  15. Slowman

What does your day look like?

My day usually starts with a surf... if it's too small I'll go ride some trails. I'd do both but work keeps getting in the way.
  16. Slowman

SRAM XO Trail brakes, rear caliper is stuck on.

My SRAM XO Trail brake, rear caliper is stuck on.The pads are also worn down to a couple of microns thick. I am thinking perhaps the pistons are simply extending too far and won't retract properly. I tried opening the bleed port and gave the lever a squeeze to remove any excess oil. I prized...
  17. Slowman

Old and angry: what pisses you off? The rants of ANGRY old men and women!

I'd be training an army of white ants to demolish their house.
  18. Slowman

Shimano Acera BR-M395 front caliper not compatible with IS mount adapter and 160mm rotor?

That's a 160mm rotor adapter alright... but it is a rear one! The front ones for 160mm have a greater depth/offset. Hopefully someone at your LBS sorted you out by now.
  19. Slowman

Sweaty head, sweat on glasses

ended up buying a new helmet problem fixed immediately