Search results

1. Tobe25

The Photo Snob Thread

Thanks guys! I ended up putting an order through last week for a couple manfrotto light stands. They are supposed to be about 1kg each and quite compact so I'll wait and see how those go. If they don't work out, I think I'll look into getting a couple of light tripods. I do like the extra...
  2. Tobe25

The Photo Snob Thread

Hey guys! I bought a couple light stands last year and that are pretty ridiculous for what I use them for, super heavy, big and awkward. Do any of you know of a relatively light and compact light stand? And where to get them from? I mostly shoot biking and plan to shoot quite a bit of skiing...
  3. Tobe25

The Photo Snob Thread

Stoked you guys like the shots, I've set a pretty high standard for myself this year so hopefully you will be seeing more like these in the future. Chalkie the setup for both shots were pretty basic, the first was: 1 Flash to camera right and about rider height. Can't remember the output...
  4. Tobe25

The Photo Snob Thread

Hey Guys, I was recently contacted by a company to do a paid shoot with one of their team riders, as this will be my first real job as a photographer I'm really unsure of what/how to charge. I don't want to sell myself short, but at the same time I don't want to overcharge as this job could...
  5. Tobe25

The Photo Snob Thread

Yeah I think I will upload it and just remove it if any issue does arise. Personally I think the whole thing is ridiculous, there are thousands of people who travel through that particular station everyday, and the majority of those people carry camera phones. Yet because my camera is bigger and...
  6. Tobe25

The Photo Snob Thread

So did a fashion shoot yesterday, and one of the locations we shot was at a train station. While we were there we were approached and told that that it was illegal to shoot there, that we had to leave, erase the photos etc. etc. Luckily they arrived just as we finished getting the shots, though...
  7. Tobe25

The Photo Snob Thread

The third is rad, just a bit too much of the forehead chopped off in the first two for my liking. Lighting is spot on though. Any Brisbane locals know of a good location for a fashion shoot? Doing my first one in Brissie on the 23rd of November but will be down in NSW till then so haven't...
  8. Tobe25

The Photo Snob Thread

Thanks guys, will place my order and see how it goes. Thanks, I have a Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/tobe25 and Tumblr tobycowley.tumblr.com though I don't use it much. Really keen to get a website up and running soon. Heres a shot from yesterday:
  9. Tobe25

The Photo Snob Thread

Has anyone on here bought from BHphoto? I've ordered off them while in Canada so I know they are amazing, though I haven't ordered from them while in Australia. My question is whether I'm likely to get hit with any random customs fees? The order is just a tripod and head under 1000 and even with...
  10. Tobe25

The Photo Snob Thread

Yeah the water and dust resistence would definately be a plus, though I think I'm still leaning more towards the 430's, is there really that much of a power difference? I know that if I was back in Aus making solid money I would fork out the extra 400ish and get the 580's but living in Whistler...
  11. Tobe25

The Photo Snob Thread

I'm looking to purchase my first flash setup and am in need of some advice as this a reletively unfamilier area to me. I shoot mainly action (Bikes/Boards/Skis) but would like to get into some more portrait work as well. Leaning towards two 430exII w/ pocketwizards, I've used PW's before and...
  12. Tobe25

The Photo Snob Thread

I've had mine for a few months now and love it, was looking into the sigma 10-20mm as I had used my buddy's and they are a little cheaper but ended up with the tokina becasue of the f2.8. As far as chromatic aberration, I havent found it to be a a big issue, a little playing around in Lightroom...
  13. Tobe25

The Photo Snob Thread

I always enjoy reading this thread so thought I would put up some of my favourite shots of winter so far. All of these are taken at Whistler Blackcomb.
  14. Tobe25

Steve's Whistler 2010 thread... updated 18/08, Canadian Open race run

Is this trail your referring to just outside Pemberton, theres a gap/step down that goes right under a big steel powerline and the bottom of it comes out at the highway? Also known as "the 306"? If so I know what you mean about the rollers, one of them is soo steep and gnarly..went and scoped...
  15. Tobe25

British Columbia 2010.

Will see if I can get some helmet cam footage from whistler next week, I think a buddy of mine has a GoPro. :)
  16. Tobe25

British Columbia 2010.

Well its been a while since I've posted anything on Rotorburn, but thought I would post up some of my favourite riding photos of 2010 and share my Canadian experience so far.. Soo, about a year ago I came over here with my bike all stoked to ride these trails I'd seen in magazines and in the...
  17. Tobe25

dj in toowoomba

My best recommendation is that you and some mates find a well hidden spot with good soil and start building, I don't think too many people in Toowoomba want their hard work getting alot of traffic.
  18. Tobe25

Goat Style Bike Fest.

Would it not have been more simple to just create a seperate thread on Crankworks, rather than posting a random link that has nothing to do with goat style? :)
  19. Tobe25

2010 Fox 831 - DJ/4x fork

I think they will be available Novemberish and have a retail price of $831 US.. Definately stoked on this fork, just wish they were coming out sooner though..it will be interesting to see whether rockshox will release a new argyle for 2010 as well.
  20. Tobe25

The !2010! Thread

There is a write up on the new Fox 831 fork on pinkbike, seems like a really sick fork and was thinking about getting it for my new build...though I dont really understand see why they had to make it for a 15mm front axle, when the majority of companies make a 20mm hub? What are some decent 15mm...