Search results

1. R

WA: Kalamunda Circuit. Good tyres for Pea gravel?

From my personal experience, observations and feedback I receive from customers the most popular combos for a bike like a SB-66 around Kalamunda tend to be: Specialized Butcher 2.3 either both ends, or with a Purgatory on the back. Schwable Hans Dampf 2.3, which can go F + R, but generally...
  2. R

Quiver - Demo 8/Stumpy Evo/P.3/Crave

It showed up the other day Tony. Haven't even gone and scratched it up yet! I can't really deny the fanboy tag haha! I mean, there are plenty of other bike brands that I really, really like, but I guess the Big S are for me. There was a guy getting around a few years ago that had the S...
  3. R

I actually had a Venge Expert until recently! Thinking a Tarmac Comp (with 11spd Ultegra) is in my sights for summer...
  4. R

I got a bit of inspiration from seeing Max87's collection of Yetis, so I thought I would share my own quiver of bikes. 2014 Specialized Demo 8 Alloy I Stock spec apart from; - Deemax Ultimates running tubeless - Renthal Fatbars 38s - XT Brakes - RT86 Rotors - Crankbrothers Mallet DHs 2014...
  5. R

Specialized Crave Pro

Legal issue I believe. Seems like a pretty good idea to me to just swap two letters - everyone still knows what bike it is, but you avoid the legal issue.
  6. R

Specialized Crave Pro

Doh, this pleb accidentally added some text into the attachment. Fixed!
  7. R

Specialized Crave Pro

I'm normally more into the DH/AM/Dirtjump side of things, but in the last year or so I have been doing quite a bit of XC (a few XCO races, 4hr, 6hr, 12hr etc) aboard a borrowed Niner Jet 9 and Specialized Epic. I am doing the Cape to Cape (a 4 day 220km stage race) at the end of October, so I...
  8. R

DH My 2013 demo. New parts added.

Just a heads up before you drop the cash on new tyres, the Butcher DHs work great tubeless!
  9. R

2013 Demo 8 1.5 - Updated 01/15

Looks great! Interested to hear your opinion as to how much of a difference an RC4 in the back makes compared to the stock Van.
  10. R

Avanti Torrent and Coppermine/Vapour thread

I found mine to be very linear. It blew through the travel too easily and just didn't support itself well, which I think contributed to the sluggish feel probably more so than the weight. Speaking to people from Avanti it seemed this was intentional - they wanted the bike to use its travel...
  11. R

Avanti Torrent and Coppermine/Vapour thread

I feel like the Torrents still have a way to go (need to shave some weight out of them, get the shock tune sorted) but are in the right ballpark in terms of price, geometry etc. If they keep putting the work in to improve them and people can get past the brand name, I can see them becoming a...
  12. R

SOLD - POC Trabec Trail/AM/Enduro/Bicycling Helmet

Item: Poc Trabec helmet size M/L blue. Item Condition: Only a few rides old, never hit the ground. Extra Info: Really comfy helmet to wear, I am only selling it as it does not fit the particular type of glasses I have when combined with my big ears. The blue looks way more awesome than it does...
  13. R

AM Carbon Bronson

I don't normally make useless posts, but ... Holy fucking shit, that is gorgeous.
  14. R

Zerode G2

Looks so badass with the new wheels on it. Should get the DT stickers off the rims for even more stealth points. Won't be able to hear or see you coming now...
  15. R

Bilt Bikes looking to hook up riders.

Fantastic to see programs like this, my hat comes off to you. Great work!
  16. R

All Mountain Tyres

I have being running some Spesh tyres for a while now, thought I would share my thoughts... Previously used tyres - used to be a Maxxis man: Highrollers, Minions, Ignitors, Bling Blings, Larsens on the back etc. Have recently ridden Schwables and a few different Specialized tyres. Current...
  17. R

Adjustable Seat Posts

You lot scare me, adjustable seatposts are something that will need to be serviced, and are much more likely to have a warranty claim than almost any other part on your bike. Seems crazy to buy something out of Germany that forgoes that backup to save less than a hundred bucks. Buying off big...
  18. R

Downhill - Perth

PM isn't really necessary. First step, join "PDMBC" on Facebook, and check out pdmbc.com. This is the Peel Districts MTB Club, who run DH races. Great way to meet other riders, ride new tracks and have fun times at the races. If you are located in the CBD area: - Mundaring is approx 30...
  19. R

Man, I had just made my mind up to get an SB66 when....

For those that haven't bothered to check pricing before posting on the internet, the Sworks Enduro isn't 10k! I built one the other day. Seriously, what a bike. With 165mm travel at that weight and a CCDBair getting things done in the back, weapon. You'd only want to weigh it down with 36's...
  20. R

2013 Specialized P.Slope *Dobermann LePink Much* :P

This has been an awesome read haha! I am failing to see what the big fuss is about. As NH pointed out, bike manufacturers copy each other quite reguarly, and I see no problem with it. If Specialized thought that Dobermann design was good and felt that it was the best way to create a...