Search results

1. BrumbyJack

Women's Bike Saddles...

Yeah, I actually knew all that stuff :( problem is I can't afford a new bike, or even really any mods... I have enough bits to put a shorter stem on, but I don't have a shorter stem. Sucks to be poor... Oh well, I can't even get a new seat yet anyway.... Bring on tax time, then I can...
  2. BrumbyJack

Compact vs Regular groupset

OK, I know nothing about the gears... and I wish I did because I'm after a new road bike myself, but I can give you a comment on MTB V's Road Bike on hills. I've been riding from Jindabyne to Wilsons Valley (Ski Rider) on my MTB for years... usually end up in granny just before Ski Rider but...
  3. BrumbyJack

Join the fight to save Hurstville Oval!

This was on FaceBook supporting the velodrome also... http://www.causes.com/causes/603716
  4. BrumbyJack

Women's Bike Saddles...

I haven't posted on here for ages... but I seriously need to get some advice from some women!!! I have a Selle Italia Trans Am saddle on my MTB (hardtail) and I think it's great... I've got a cheaper cut out seat on my road bike, which seems to get more use these days and it's killing me...
  5. BrumbyJack

Scott 24hr 2009

Wow, are they your pics??? Where was that? :)
  6. BrumbyJack

Riding with cancer

Jared you will find you are not alone... hopefully you can meet up with people that have been, or are in, the same situation. Your positive attitude is wonderful and is worth so much when it comes to recovery!! Good luck with your treatments and recovery, ride when you can but don't push...
  7. BrumbyJack

new world disorder 10

So I still didn't see where you can purchase NWD10??? Santa has to find a copy... ;) We picked up NWD9 in Canada but I won't be there before Christmas (unless I get PFP to send it back for me).
  8. BrumbyJack

Scott 24hr 2009

That bit scared the crap out of me when I rode it on Thursday night for a practise night ride... but I hadn't ridden for ages. Probably doing a night ride for my first ride in 2 years wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done, but it was fun. I was already skidding before I hit the drop, so...
  9. BrumbyJack

Scott 24hr 2009

Skyline was fun, the part of the night course that I did not like and would not attempt was the steep downhill followed by the rock garden, just off the downhill bridge. The rest of the night course was awesome... If I had ridden that section in the daylight to test the lines, I probably...
  10. BrumbyJack

Scott 24hr 2009

I was camped just in front of that rock and lost count of the number of people that crashed on it... I was standing there waiting for one of our riders to pass when the guy in that video crashed... Strangest one I saw was a guy that locked up his brakes at the top, skidded the whole way...
  11. BrumbyJack

Scott 24hr 2009

Hi WildWassa.... was it you I was having a conversation with??? Were you the good samaritan repairing the bunting below the bridge and I got off to walk and another girl did a massive brake skid and stacked, then a whole heap of guys came through and some idiot decides to pass going down...
  12. BrumbyJack

Scott 24hr 2009

OK, so I did that and I'm still lost ;) I haven't been on here since 28.11.2008 according to my screen and I haven't been on any singletrack since way before that either :eek: Can I take my ute in on friday to unload, then go and park it??? I'm back...........:D
  13. BrumbyJack

which farkers would you like to meet

Too scared more like it :p
  14. BrumbyJack

which farkers would you like to meet

Wow, I'm surprised Johnny and Grip haven't met!! I've had a few beers with Grip :D a few too many with Squidly :p and Johnny didn't want to talk to me :( Actually, I've met heaps of people from here :D I'd like to meet TechnoDestructo, he always has amazing tales... probably lots of...
  15. BrumbyJack

Women's Weekend - Thredbo 29Feb-2Mar

Well, I just found Nugs on Facebook :) Laura, are you on there??? Look for Shez too ;)
  16. BrumbyJack

Women's Weekend - Thredbo 29Feb-2Mar

There will be 2 local girls there on the weekend, one for both days one on Sunday only. They both raced interschools last weekend. I tried riding yesterday and my shoulder is still too bad to try riding downhill :( Next year... (I've done 2 womens clinics before)
  17. BrumbyJack

Pre entering races

Yep, I think that would work. FWIW ski races always get late entries too. In Canada we entered weeks in advance because it took me that long to organise the transport and accommodation anyway. We only entered in the MTBA National Series Finals on the Friday because we only got back into...
  18. BrumbyJack

Australian Solo 24Hr Champs - Easter - Majura

I've just come back from the World Cup in Canmore... (Nordic Variety) it would be awesome to see the place in Summer. Pity I don't think I could get bike fit enough in 3 weeks... :(
  19. BrumbyJack

Thredbo Northern Conference Interschools

Hi, I'd love some of 506 please!!! :) Details from the other thread:
  20. BrumbyJack

Interschools - Northern Conference

Hi, if anyone has any pics of the 2 riders below I would be very grateful if they could share them. Number: 513 Division: Div 2 boys What he was wearing: Raw NRG Jersey or Black Shirt, sombrio shorts, blue/white oddesey helmet, black XC Helmet Bike and colour: IronHorse...