Search results

1. S

26" 142x12 Rear Wheel Prefer DT Swiss

Looking for a rear wheel to replace the one on my 2012 Giant Trance Advanced that has grenaded. Would prefer to replace it with something like that is on it and matches the front near enough. Current rear on it is a DT Swiss/Giant LTD edition TRICON 142x12mm in black. Cheers
  2. S

Fat bike thread?

I seem to recall a fat bike dedicated thread in the xc forum a while ago. Is it still here or have i been living under a rock and missed something? :behindsofa:
  3. S

Mavic Crossride wheels, any good?

I need a replacement rear wheel for my 26" dually and looking at the Mavic Crossride series. Have Mavic Crossmax on it at the moment but the rear has finally had enough after alot of use in 8 years. Anyone used these wheels, its just for general XC duties and its my 2nd bike so not ridden...
  4. S

Giant Trance X Advanced SL0 2012

Anyone seen any left over 2012 models hanging around in a shop somewhere? Pretty much the Advanced SL0 carbon model with dropper post etc that I'm looking for. Size Large or XL. Fairly new 2nd hand would be fine too.
  5. S

Anyone gone from 29 back to 26" ??

Am I the only weirdo who likes 26" duallies better? Maybe I haven't ridden a decent 29" dually yet and don't know any better... Not many new model 26" 5" travel options out there anymore. Seems there is not much choice but to be pushed onto 29 or the confused 650B.
  6. S

Giant XTC composite frame size??

Just wondering from people who have a 12/13 Giant XTC composite 29er hardtail, how tall are you and what size frame did you get? Looking at getting one of these and wondering if a Large is big enough for me @185cm??
  7. S

Bit of help needed from the Nutrition Guru's :)

Ive got a race coming up, it will run for approx 4.5 hours... its on a moto by the way, but i do ride mtb's alot and i know you blokes know alot more about nutrition than 99% of moto riders! So i will have a camelbak on for the whole race, I'm able to change this at every fuel stop if needed...
  8. S

No 26" Giant Anthems/Trances for 2013?

So was at the LBS the other day and from what they were saying, there will be no Giant Anthem's or Trance's avail in 26" for 2013, they will all be 29". So wondering if i bougth a 26" is it going to be worth nothing to sell 2nd hand in a couple of years if i wanted too, now that they are...
  9. S

Woolgoolga mtb tracks??

Hi all, Up at Woolgoolga for crissy hols. Are there many mtb tracks close by? Rode the stuff south of coffs a couple of years ago, wondering if there is something a bit closer?
  10. S

Seasons DVD, has there been anything compareable since?

Big fan of the Collective series of DVD's, especially the "Seasons" , Has there been any other releases from these guys since, anything compareable worth buying or anything on the horizon???? Cheers
  11. S

Free wheel hub for Mavic rims?

Just wondering do i have to use a Genuine Mavic freewheel hub to fit my Mavic crossmax rear rim or is there another brand i can use? If so whats a good one to go with? Cheers
  12. S

Specialized Enduro Pro STOLEN from Watson ACT

Hi All, Just hoping anyone around the ACT area, can keep an eye out for an 04 model Specialized Enduro Pro, silver, large frame with Fox TALAS forks and Fox RL shock in mint condition, was stolen from a mates garage in Watson last night... pm me if anyone see's it around or has info. Thanks.
  13. S

Riding Rotorua NZ area what you reckon??

Read the AMB article on their Rotorua trip they did and ever since reading ive been trying to think of the fastest way i can get my (and the missus or i'll be shot) arse over there for a week and do some riding. Sounds like alot of riding for everyone/skill levels + some other cool stuff to...
  14. S

Rear tyre for stromlo??

I'm looking for a new tyre for my dualy and interested to hear from others on a decent rear tyre for stromlo etc. I have previously tried the maxxis larsen folding, found it to be quite good but kept slicing the sidewalls to pieces on the rocks and getting alot of flats. So i changed to a UST...
  15. S

NSW SOLD SOLD SOLD Giant XTC 1 2009 Like new!!

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD Item: Giant XTC 1 2009 (Large frame) Location: Canberra, ACT Item Condition: Like new, ridden 3 times, 46k's total! Reason for selling: Not being used, decided i prefer riding the dualy. Price and price conditions: $2200 ono. This bike retails for...
  16. S

Anyone riding you yang's sat 13/6??

Keen to get out for a ride at the you yangs tomorrow, 13/6, down in melb for work and havent been out there before. Is it hard to find your way around? Would be good to hook up with a local if anyone is goin out for a ride?
  17. S

Anyone need a Otway Odyssey entry??

Have one available for the 100k if anyone wants one, pm me. Thanks.
  18. S

Canberra, decent hire bike needed!

Hi, Looking to hire a bike for 10 days in canberra. Anyone know if any of the shops hire out decent bikes, either a good dualy or hard tail? Cheers.
  19. S

Fox 125 Talas RLC serviceing... any tips?

My Fox talas 125 RLC's are in need of new oil and seals, havent pulled them apart before but have done plenty of moto forks. They were serviced 500k's ago by the Fox importer with new oil and seals and they are pissing out oil again for some reason. Maybe the bushings inside the lowers are...
  20. S

Anyone got a room to rent in canberra?

Will be moving to canberra pretty soon and finding it pretty hard to find a place to live. Anyone looking for a house mate in canberra? Preferably close to the airport and some good riding. Cheers