Search results

1. Toxic

Suggestions for light XC suspension frame that's not carbon?

Thanks for the suggestions thus far. Most alloy frames seem to be 3-3.2kg. That Joplin is a bargain but I can't find a weight for it. The wife already has a Fuel EX29 that's ~13kg, but wants to keep that as it is. Why not carbon? We've spoken to too many people lately who keep sending them...
  2. Toxic

I KNOW people will say carbon. I have said carbon. But it is an interesting exercise. Doesn't have to be a big name builder. Smaller and boutique suggestions welcome.
  3. Toxic

SA Sold please delete

And if those blokes don't grab it, I might take it off your hands. How tall are you?
  4. Toxic

I seek to exploit the collective knowledge. My wife is thinking of building up a light XC bike but does not want a carbon frame (don't start the arguments). So I'm looking for suggestions of available 29er suspension frames (80-120mm travel) that are ~2.5kg or less and made from aluminium...
  5. Toxic

Spanky in Japan III, this time with a bike

It is time for you to wisely invest in one of these, methinks: http://salsacycles.com/bikes/beargrease Then you will be Happy Pig again.
  6. Toxic

New D/H rack from GripSport

Brain not functioning. Derailluers are on the "outside" when on the rack. QR nuts, fork legs and other frame bits too close to each other. Will try to remember to call on Monday.
  7. Toxic

I'm not talking about putting two 17+ kg bikes on a Classic Hi-Ride. I just need to space the axles of some combos of bikes I have. For example, the wife's Salsa Caballero (10-ish kg) and my Devinci Remix (13-ish kg) have wheelbases where rear derailluers are very close to wheel nuts/QR's...
  8. Toxic

Can you get the wheel and frame holders to retrofit older Hi-Rides? I have combinations of bikes that don't like each other with the regular holders.
  9. Toxic

Physiotherapist Sydney CBD or Broadway?

So six weeks after Nepean plated my collarbone, the ortho has said I can start some physio to get the strength back. As I work at UTS and live in the Blue Mtns, its easier to go to one around UTS. So can anyone recommend a good physiotherapist around UTS or the CBD? Preferably someone who...
  10. Toxic

JetBlack WSMTB 12 Hour 2012

Loose powdery dust on hardpack for half the course and then tacky on the other half.
  11. Toxic

The Self Sufficient Bike Camping Thread.

That looks like the solution. How much weight have you packed on that? Site says 22kg max.
  12. Toxic

The Self Sufficient Bike Camping Thread.

Kambah to Crookwell on the BNT I only discovered this thread recently, so this trip report is a few months old. Last weekend in May to be precise. Gaz (Giraffe Boy) made an attempt on the whole Bicentennial National Trail (Healsville to Cooktown) in April, but mechanicals thwarted the...
  13. Toxic

To get collar bone plated or not?

The way the docs have been talking, the decision on the operation is pretty much mine. Cost isn't the issue it seems as Medicare would be covering it as I'm doing everything through the hospital. In spite of the X-ray, they reckon it will heal OK. But plenty of others (some with medical...
  14. Toxic

To get collar bone plated or not?

Sorry to drag this thread out of the grave, but I'm trying to make the decision on what to do with MY recently broken collar bone. I hit a lump of concrete on the commuter at 5am between Woodford and Linden on the highway (Yes I must have been off with the pixies). Hit the road with my shoulder...
  15. Toxic

Blue Mountain Downhill Riders.

Lithgow (CTMTB) is closer for DH than Del Rio (WSMTB). 45 mins was my last trip from Lawson.
  16. Toxic

She watch channel ZERODE!

Which way around are you running the levers? Most people run the shifter inboard of the brake. To get my hayes and now avids where I wanted them, I swapped the brake lever to the inboard position instead. Doing that might solve the issue rather than filing.
  17. Toxic

Blue Mountains "turgid" Riders Thread 10

Saw the same sign on Sunday, but haven't been past for the last two mornings (it's out of my way and I forget at 5am).
  18. Toxic

It should be opening again in the next few weeks. I'll try to remember to post when it does. It will be in that new complex of shops with the First National Real Estate, pretty much behind where it was before.
  19. Toxic

Your a good man, Flynny. I don't care what the others say about you. :cool: I did recall that someone had a go. It's a off leash dog area at present, but there's regular pockets of bush and I'm sure the council's land there extends a little of the edges into the surrounding bush. Be a fairly...
  20. Toxic

Lawson ST usage Did my local lawson/hazo ST yesterday for the first time in about two months (It's complicated) and I notice that the junkyard does not seem to be been ridden of late. On a separate thought, I was standing on Lawson Golf Course thinking to myself "this would be a great place...