Search results

1. CP

Which alum+coil bike?

Didn’t realise Canyon did alum. That’s ideal, thanks for the link. Edit: boo 3 month wait time for a large!! Next!
  2. CP

Which alum+coil bike?

Remember in 07 I had the Fox Van 36s on the Reign? That was the stuff, going back to my roots :D
  3. CP

Which alum+coil bike?

Thanks guys, plenty to look into. And a mate has me looking into steel hardtail enduros now lol. Will report back with what I end up with!
  4. CP

Which alum+coil bike?

Yeah used is no problems. Also eyeing out runout 2019s...! I think the Reign SX 1 is probably still the value option, but will look around and possibly wait to see what the 2020 model looks like...
  5. CP

Which alum+coil bike?

Yeah actually I contacted Craftworks and they've given me a really good response. Basically saying it was intended for air-only, but their testing shows that a coil works in nicely and they're happy to substitute-in. So that's definitely a contender. Aussie-made is a huge bonus, love to support...
  6. CP

Which alum+coil bike?

After suggestions for my next bike. Budget to ~$5k, has to be aluminium, and really after a coil rear for that uber small bump velvety feel. 150-160mm travel and 27.5". I know, quite specific, but other than a Giant Reign SX I can't think of anything else that might also fit the bill. The YT...
  7. CP

Sold Mondraker Dune XR XL Fox 36's, DHX2, Sram Codes, X01 Eagle

I’d be all over this if you could shrink it one size down :(
  8. CP

Frozen vs fresh vegetables and fruit

Agree with you there - anything other than fresh eggs just lack any kind of flavour.
  9. CP

Frozen vs fresh vegetables and fruit

Frozen supposedly locks in the nutrients early on compared to fresh (supermarket-bought) vegetables. I just go based on what's easy, e.g. peas and corn frozen, potatoes, pumpkin, zucchini etc fresh.
  10. CP

Sold NEW DT Swiss Boost Wheels 27.5" SOLD

PM Sent
  11. CP

Flat Pedal roundup thread

I freaking love my Saint pedals. Had two pairs over the years and they never need maintenance, they're grippy, good shape and heaps of grip. I don't care that they're 100g or so heavier than many others. I'm thinking they're so reliable and robust because they're built more solidly and not...
  12. CP

SRAM Guide RS Brakes - Lever slow to return

Far out! Where was that?
  13. CP

I had a shop mechanic do the bleed (I don't have the tools). Felt great that day, but have gone off in a week. I was out of town, might try my local shop for another bleed and give them another chance. I really don't want to have to change brakes, but do miss the tight XTs on my old bike!
  14. CP

I'm over my 1 month old Sram Guide RS brakes. Have bled them, the levers return quickly, but they're way too spongy still. I have the levers adjust to all the way out in terms of reach, and have manually adjusted the contact point. Even still, you can pull them in about 3mm off the grips. This...
  15. CP

Oury grip options

Ah good call, my kids go to Monster skate park and they have them there. One of the scooters has them but I'd feel bad ripping them out :)
  16. CP

Oury grip options

Yeah I ate some major dirt at Thredbo, bent the bars so in fairness I didn't expect them to survive. Although my old lock ons would have ironically! Got some non lock ons at the same time so will try those tomorrow.
  17. CP

Oury grip options

Well that was short lived lol. First ride in. You jinxed it! Felt good though, could go even thicker so may try those Wolf ones.
  18. CP

Oury grip options

Just an update, received my new grips today. I've installed the ESI Chunkys. They feel sensational. I've had the standard ESI grips and they were just too thin for my liking. These have the same feel (diameter) as my Ourys but super soft of course. I'm thinking these are going to be the go for...
  19. CP

Oury grip options

Geezuz! Will try those if the others aren't the go!
  20. CP

Oury grip options

Thanks for the feedback. I've ordered some non-lock-on versions just to try. I've also ordered some ESI extra chunky. I tried the standard ones a few years back and didn't like them, but the 34mm diameter on the EC version could be the go.