Search results

1. CP

Which alum+coil bike?

After suggestions for my next bike. Budget to ~$5k, has to be aluminium, and really after a coil rear for that uber small bump velvety feel. 150-160mm travel and 27.5". I know, quite specific, but other than a Giant Reign SX I can't think of anything else that might also fit the bill. The YT...
  2. CP

Oury grip options

I've been using Oury lock-ons for over a decade and really like the large diameter and level of grip. Having recently done some Thredbo trips I find they're a little too hard and my hands have been a little bruised up. Wondering if the non-lock-on version is any softer and worth going for...
  3. CP

Anyone ridden Germany bike parks?

I'm hitting up Munich in late May this year, and hoping to get 2-3 days at one or two of the bike parks there. There's 14 I've found on this site: http://www.worldbikeparks.com/locator Anyone ridden any they would recommend? Difficult to know what to expect from the websites. I'm looking...
  4. CP

NSW SOLD Trek Remedy 9 2015 model XL (fits Large rider)

Item: 2015 Trek Remedy 9 27.5 21.5" Location: Berowra NSW, will send interstate at buyers expense Item Condition: Well above average for its age (see pics) Reason for selling: After more travel Price and price conditions: $SOLD plus postage if required. Extra Info: Used for maybe 20...
  5. CP

Reign or Remedy?

Contemplating a Reign 1 or Remedy 9 for general riding, and a few Thredbo trips each year. Any endorsements for which? I'm one of those guys who's happy to trade climb ability for plushness going down. I've owned older Reigns and Remedys, have been happy with both brands. The Reign has...
  6. CP

NSW [SOLD] Giant Trance X 29er 0 (2013) large

Item: Large Giant Trance X 29er 0, 2013 model Location: Berowra NSW Item Condition: Excellent! Reason for selling: Upgrade Price and price conditions: $Sold! Extra Info: Full XT drivetrain. Large should suit approx 180-190cm (I'm 185cm) rider. Purchased about 18 months ago, I've...
  7. CP

SRAM Apex disc brakes - weak....

Got a new roadie with an Apex groupset. I've only got a handful of road kms on it, but my first thought was damn these mechanical Avid BB7 brakes are weak. They use 140mm rotors both ends. I've previously (ages ago) owned a bike with 105 rim brakes and they were super strong. Rolling down my...
  8. CP

Berowra

Hey I'm new to the area (Berowra Heights), are there any locals that know the trails and want to show me around? I've seen the trail at the end of Turner, starting to explore that, but hoping for some techy stuff - surely there's something that heads directly downhill to the water (shuttles)...
  9. CP

Dirt Works 100km ticket

After a ticket if anyone is selling - please phone Scott 0418 164 493 or email pyett007@hotmail.com
  10. CP

Anyone know shock specs for Giant VT 1?

Need to find a shock for a VT 1 Giant, does anyone know the eye-to-eye I need?
  11. CP

Rigid 26" carbon fork suggestions

My mate is borrowing back the forks he leant me (how dare he) so I need some new ones for my SS commuter. They're older aero carbons with v-brake tabs (I only need disc), any suggestions? I'm not a huge fan of the look of the straight forks like Nuke Proof, White Bros etc, but can't seem to...
  12. CP

Tubeless 26" road tyres?

I'm running some 28mm Gatorskins on my commuter at the moment, but rather than carry a tube and pump, would rather just run a tubeless tyre with latex (my rims are tubeless). Anyone know of anything? I can't seem to find anything at all...... either a slick like the gators, or something like...
  13. CP

Headset issues?

On my new build, if I torque the star nut up at a usual torque, the steering is far too tight. So I loosen it off, and feels fine but with the front brake on and rocking it forward and back, it clunks a lot. On my other bikes there's a huge middleground for some fine adjustments. But on...
  14. CP

ISIS BB thread protrusion

Installed the BB until tight, but the drive side has the neat trim ring, the non-drive side is left with about 3mm thread protrusion. Had a shop check it out and said that's how it was, all ok. Any other thoughts or feedback? And if it's correct, any way to clean it up? BTW this is a...
  15. CP

DT Swiss XMC - can they be lowered?

Anyone know if you can use spacers to lower the travel of these forks at all?
  16. CP

[NSW] Bike Stand for max $50

Item: Bike work stand Location: Northern Beaches NSW Reason: I only have two hands Price: Up to $50 I'm looking for a cheap used bike stand if you're looking to offload. Preferably within 25km radius of Narrabeen. Cheers.
  17. CP

Back pedal brake

Just wondering if you can get a hub with a back pedal brake these days in a 135mm size? I wasn't sure if they still exist or not....
  18. CP

Help with a street build

I want to build up a bike for roosting to the shops, jumping off a few gutters and stairs, and popping a few monos around the park. May even do the odd trail ride. I'm not sure where to start with frame choice though. Need some advice, I'd like to keep it at $600max for a frame. Any...
  19. CP

Red Hill

I'm thinking of heading there for a spin today at 12:30pm if anyone's keen to join.
  20. CP

Wire strung across M7 bike path

In case this is your local run: http://www.smh.com.au/national/m7-warning-wire-strung-across-bike-path-20090911-fjny.html Farkers.