Search results

1. D

gear cable question

I'm running sram x9 shifter and rear derailleur on my bike, and I want to replace the gear cable. I'm thinking of getting goodridge outer cable off CRC, and I can see shimano inner cables on there.. but I can't find sram inner cable. Is there a difference between shimano and sram inner cables? I...
  2. D

switching cassette - need advice

I have a 2008 giant reign x1, I'm running a 1x9 setup with a 36t chainring up front and 11-26t rear cassette. I want to change the rear cassette to either 11-32 or 11-34. I have a few questions about changing the cassette... - If i change the cassette, will i need to lengthen my chain/buy a new...
  3. D

WA Sold please delete

Item: 2007 Giant Glory 0 Condition: Excellent, few shuttle scratches but everything runs extremely well Location: Rossmoyne, Perth Price: $1400 Extra Info: Only local sale, no interstate postage Pics: at the bottom Frame: Giant Glory 0 (8" Maestro Suspension) - size large 18" Fork...
  4. D

Rear Shock HELP - stroke length

i need to get a new spring for my Fox DHX 4 rear shock on my 2007 Giant Glory 0. at the moment i have a 550lbs x 2.80 spring. i need to change to a 300 lbs or even a 250 lbs spring. but my question is, if i get a new spring, does the stroke length of the spring have to be the same? i.e. do i...
  5. D

Avid Juicy 5

I know this will sound like a REALLY stupid question. I have avid juicy 5 brakes. When i pull them on, i have to pull the lever in really far, how do i make it so i dont have to pull the lever in very far before the brakes pads contact the disk?
  6. D

Changing Avid Juicy Pads

Stupid question.. but I just got a new pair of brake pads for my avid juicy 5's. i read the instructions on how to change my pads and they seem very confusing. I pretty sure i understand the part on how to put the new pads in, but it doesnt say anything about how to take the old pads out. i...
  7. D

Removing Race Face Evolve DH Cranks

Probably a stupid question, but I'm trying to remove my Race Face Evolve DH Cranks, and i have no idea how to. I took off the cap and screwed out the crank bolt but the crank arm just won't come off. It's the Chainring Side crank that I'm trying to remove. If anyone knows how to remove it...
  8. D

Scammers - Beware

I just found this thread on a Western Australian Mountain Biking Forum and I thought I should post it up here to help spread it. "I just had some very interesting emails from some called "Sarah Latham" who was living in China trying to buy my s-works. I'm too cynical to believe someone in...
  9. D

goggles

hey guys. im looking at getting some new goggles for DH. im getting them off CRC and i want some pretty cheap ones. i am deciding between two different goggles at the moment. Oakley XS O Frame MX http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=16143 Spy Optic Alloy MX Pro...
  10. D

another glory..

This is my 2007 giant glory 0. i bought it second hand in almost immaculate condition about 2 months ago. its soo nice to ride and im lovin it.:) Im getting an e-thirteen LG1 guide for it soon. spec: Frame - Giant Glory 0 Rear shock - Fox DHX 4.0 Front shock/fork - Marzocchi 66 SL1...
  11. D

What's the difference?

I am getting an E-Thirteen LG1 chainguide inc. Taco bashguard off CRC. but it has 2 types. one is called LG1 Wide and one is just called LG1. whats the difference. heres the links to them. LG1 Wide LG1 Cheers
  12. D

how to make a hyperlink

hi guys, this might sound like a bit of a stupid question but i want to put a hyperlink to my iTrader in my signature but i dont know how to create a hyperlink. Could someone please help me out? Thanks.
  13. D

ISCG 05 or Old ISCG???? HELP

hi guys, im thinking about getting an E-Thirteen LG1 chainguide for my bike but im not sure whether to get the ISCG 05 or Old ISCG. My bike is a 2007 Giant Glory 0; http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-AU/bikes/mountain/776/27804/?collections_id=2 Any help on which one to get would be...
  14. D

WA SOLD - please delete

Item: 2009 Troy Lee Designs GP Jersey Condition: Brand new in the packaging with the tags still on. never used. Reason for sale: bought it online but when i got it it is too big for me Location: Perth, WA Price: $50 posted to anywhere in aus! (RRP $85) Extra info: Black and Grey. Size S...
  15. D

WA SOLD - please delete

Item: eastern DJ4 Location: Perth, WA Item Condition: Excellent. has some scratches as you'd expect but everything works great and it is very smooth to ride. Reason for selling: Getting a dually Price and price conditions: was $1650 now 1500 neg. or swap for a decent dh/freeride or...
  16. D

steerer tube moving??

hey guys i just noticed today that i think my steerer tube has moved up and im not sure if i should worry about it or not? (dont bother asking how it happened). My steerer tube is not loose or wobbly. here is a pic of the bottom of my steerer tube. my forks are Argyle 302 Any help would...
  17. D

What colour??

hey guys im probably going to get a set of Hope Pro II hubs but im not sure which colour to get. The colours that they make are black, blue, gold, gun smoke (dark grey sort of colour), red or silver. Here is a pic of my bike Cheers.
  18. D

Delete

delete this thread.
  19. D

WA please delete

Item: Rjays missile fullface helmet Item Location: Perth Item Condition: Excellent. only been used twice and has NEVER been in a crash! only one or two tiny scratches Reason For Selling: not needed Price and Price Conditions: was $80 now $60 Extra Info: Size is XS. bought it for $120 but...
  20. D

Which hub?

hey guys i might be getting a new set of wheels for my dj/street hardtail. i know what i want for my front wheel and i know what rim i want for my rear wheel but im having some trouble deciding what hub for my rear wheel. the problem is my rear brake is shimano saint so i cant just get any hub...