Search results

1. Deincendie

Merida vs Giant

Hey all, My old man is looking at getting a new mid range mountain/trail bike he has been keen on the Merida Matts tfs trail 400D because a young sales women told him it was the best around. After looking at the specs I was a little aprhencive. Myself having a few giants and being...
  2. Deincendie

Looking for a first bike, thinking about these?

Just to let you know there is NO such thing as a 09 STP PRO. They stopped making them...
  3. Deincendie

"Chirping" Argyles

They normally have heavier 15wt so the 10wt oil should be quieter?
  4. Deincendie

Transition from a faithful 05 Norco Rampage to? P.3? STP? MRKT MOB? help!

There is such a thing as a half link chain...
  5. Deincendie

"Chirping" Argyles

The point was they said no fork can.
  6. Deincendie

Transition from a faithful 05 Norco Rampage to? P.3? STP? MRKT MOB? help!

Stp aren't heavy (they're aloy), my 08 Zero is lighter then most bmx's at the park. And single speed kits dont cost much. My vote is an STP with a SS kit and a smaller seat.
  7. Deincendie

"Chirping" Argyles

Tried that. Did nothing at all. And as far as I know there may be a fork oil still being pumped on to the sanctions. The LBS refuse help me too, because they believe that lowering forks that low is impractical and unsafe... 3 bike shops also said that forks don't operate properly at that...
  8. Deincendie

"Chirping" Argyles

He used 10wt oil all through. He used the rockshocks service guide for seals etc. And I have a nylon washer to stop the metal on metal. And they are still quite soft at 60mm (not too much preload) And they are 318's. And they were about a 20months old with 1-2 hours each day riding (they...
  9. Deincendie

"Chirping" Argyles

I recently lowered my argyles to 60mm and got a friend from a motobike store to change the oil in them for me. But ever since I got them back, when I land air's more then a few feet they make a "chirping" like a bird or almost the same as when a planes wheels touch down. This seems very weird...
  10. Deincendie

Opinions: Commencal AL1 or Giant STP1

Getting the large frame isn't always a good idea for Dj, as the idea of a Dj bike is to be small and out of the way. Plus the smaller frames would be easier to flick and spin etc. Just my 2c.
  11. Deincendie

Asterisk knee brace for trail riding?

Not sure about the exact brand. But i picked up some knee braces for $600 for the pair. Ill find out the band asap. But they give plenty of movement. Well enough movement for me and I'm always standing.
  12. Deincendie

60mm Argyles

Does no-one know if this will cause damage or will it be fine?
  13. Deincendie

60mm Argyles

I just lowered my Argyles to 60mm by putting spacers above the negative spring. I tried for lower but i couldn't get the cap back on. Does anything seem wrong with this that could cause damage? I'd rather know now before i cause any damage. Also my forks feel a little notchy with the oil Lbs put...
  14. Deincendie

single speed

You can do either, you can get a 24t on a bmx. OR You can get a "granny ring" on a mountain bike crank. Both should work fine. And again there is no "perfect 26 ratio" I run 36-16 (don't know of anyone else who does though).
  15. Deincendie

Where to get Ruined Argyles?

Anyone know where to get argyles with ruined internals and/or sanctions? Any info would be much appreciated, thanks.
  16. Deincendie

DJ Red Goes Faster

I run 36-16 on my stp with a basic $25 half link and i have close to perfect tension. I'm pretty sure this is because with half links you can almost exact tension with just about any ratio's. But his chain does look like it could go with one less link as its looks a bit saggy.
  17. Deincendie

Degreasers

Mines green :p. And i don't use it straight i mix it 200mL to 8L of water. And I haven't had any problems within on my skin, probably because I'm not allergic to anything. Still think it's magic. And if you have trouble head down to Big W, and buy yourself some elbow length gloves(for rose...
  18. Deincendie

Chain Tensior

Buy a half-link chain and all the drama's will be over. Smooth, clean and nothing extra in the way.
  19. Deincendie

what dj/trail bike?

In my experience i have bent two norco's and they are damn heavy compared to my 08 STP Zero. (Which I'm considering selling) But STP are light and bomb proof due to the alloy frame, only down side is they tend to have cheap rims on them, but mine lasted 18months on the rear. I'd say either a STP...