Search results

1. thematerialquestion

2017 world cup discussion

Cool your jets though, the link won't work until 11pm. Cheers https://www.redbull.tv/live/AP-1PWUW9K5S1W11/uci-mountain-bike-world-cup
  2. thematerialquestion

What Is This?

To be more specific: does it go in the skip or is it worth keeping?
  3. thematerialquestion

What Is This?

Very helpful, cheers. The website on the frame no longer exists. Progear DH bikes do not exist according to google searches. Hence, question asked.....
  4. thematerialquestion

What Is This?

Any info on this frame would be appreciated. Never seen one before, never seen one since!
  5. thematerialquestion

Personal Locator Beacon

Never had an issue, works every time. As said earlier, I've tested it in all conditions and messages come through as promptly as standard text/emails. I believe the only satellite dead area for SPOT is in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Good luck if you're riding there!
  6. thematerialquestion

Personal Locator Beacon

I recently purchased the latest model SPOT on ebay for around $150. Yes, the annual fee is $100 or so, but included in that is up to $100,000 in rescue cover at the press of a button - if its ever needed. I've tested it extensively, in snow, thick fog, pelting rain, deep valleys, thick bush; it...
  7. thematerialquestion

UCI Mountain Bike World Championships 2013: Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Start List http://www.uci.ch/templates/BUILTIN-NOFRAMES/Template1/layout.asp?MenuId=MTY5MTc&LangId=1
  8. thematerialquestion

UCI Mountain Bike World Championships 2013: Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

http://static.sportresult.com/federations/uci/CM/index.html Link for junior live timing.
  9. thematerialquestion

Vdhs Rd6 Mt Beauty.

BigDogg, I'll explain so you that CAN understand the logic behind using the coaches. A: It works. Everyone gets to where they need to be. B: It's efficient. Mini buses do not go faster than coaches. Neither should troopies if they are full of unbelted riders. C: It's cost effective. Hiring a...
  10. thematerialquestion

YETI CYCLES ELEVATION All Mountain Race Series

Busy Beaver. Lovin' the 'Maiden' font! Good luck!
  11. thematerialquestion

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

The coppers love handing out tickets to DH'ers for blocking tail lights and number plates. So much so, they hover on a race weekend knowing its any easy sting. Hit up ebay, buy a pair of LED indicator/brake blocks and a plug to fit your vehicle, some simple wiring and you're all legit!
  12. thematerialquestion

On The Hunt: Episode 4

Nice work, you're really lifting the bar!
  13. thematerialquestion

Head to Head Ep 3 - Mt. Beauty, VIC - Dec 2011

Brilliant Rob! Nuff said!
  14. thematerialquestion

Mt. Beauty track

It was our pleasure guys! The responses to the weekend have been quite overwhelming, I guess it makes all the effort worthwhile with so many smiling faces as a result. For a small club in a small town, it takes a lot to put on an event. The positive feedback certainly helps as all of your...
  15. thematerialquestion

2011/12 VIC DH Series - Official Thread

Yes, I agree. Remember though, the volunteers that do the timing also had an epic drive home. I'm sure they had an epic day at work today too. After an epic weekend of giving up their time to do a job for no money and no thanks. Be patient guys, they'll come!
  16. thematerialquestion

This event was the premiere for a new, wireless timing system. The system runs on the 3G network. On the phone, full bars of service at the trailhead, full bars at the finish line. For some reason the service was intermittent on the day, not that this was a problem at all as the back up system...
  17. thematerialquestion

Thanks for the positive feedback! 331 riders turned out for a spectacular weekend of racing in near perfect conditions. It was amazing to see a huge crowd rolled up as well, the Mount Beauty locals really do get behind these events. The track has held up extremely well considering the traffic...
  18. thematerialquestion

Weather forecast for Mount Beauty: Friday Sunny, 22 degrees Saturday Sunny, 26 degrees Sunday Sunny, 25 degrees Monday Sunny, 26 degrees A perfect weekend for racing! 203 online entries already in, get yourself registered early at the race site!
  19. thematerialquestion

Yep, its lookin' big alright! The previous record was 159. At present at 193 with about 2 hours to go! Pumped!