Search results

1. Justin Fox

New Australian bicycle shop at CRC and Wiggle prices

Advertising to scott@rotorburn.com
  2. Justin Fox

POS { - The Deathtrap Project - }

Latest picture: -------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------- Here's my new project ;) Thanks to some inside info from Rob (of Hell on Wheels fame) I bought this kit from Gasman Bikes. Kingsford Markets have been so...
  3. Justin Fox

20% off all Giant bikes at MC Cyclery.

Just a heads up: Times are pretty shit for bike shops. I got a call from Grant from MC Cyclery late last night. He's decided to slash 20% off the rrp of ALL Giant bicycles above $2500. That's pretty huge if you're after a higher end MTB or Roadie. Mods: Sorry if this breaks trading rules...
  4. Justin Fox

Interview with Sam Hill

Hi all, I just interviewed Sam Hill for BMU. Sharing is caring :) I thought some of you might appreciate it: Photo by rider219 Sam Hill (born 21 July 1985) is an Australian professional downhill mountain biker. He was two time consecutive UCI World Downhill Champion during years...
  5. Justin Fox

BMX 80's Kuwahara BMX

Thought I'd post up a bike I built whilst I was banned :) Found this baby at the Kingsford junk markets. $45! What a score! I HAD to have it. Holy fucking shit I thought! I asked the old Russian guy "How much do you want for this?" and he says "Nice bike, it's perfect for you, $45"...
  6. Justin Fox

Five Ten shoes are great but they smell like...

...a dead person. OK so I love these shoes but ever since washing them down with a hose, they smell like death. Have never had this problem with any other shoe I've ever owned. I've tried smelly shoe absorbing powders with no results. Anyone else?
  7. Justin Fox

Made in Taiwan

Now I'm not creating this thread to look for racist remarks. I'm just venting. I was a little hurt to find out the other day that my dream bike which I have been planning all year to get next year, the Yeti 575 was made in Taiwan. I know that 90% (if not more) of the world's bicycles are...
  8. Justin Fox

70's-80's Frank Paino road bike

---------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I'd been eyeing off this road bike on eBay for a week now (it was on...
  9. Justin Fox

Why was Lorday banned?

?! ke? I'm gonna miss the guy!
  10. Justin Fox

2009 Kink Apex

Well I finally caved in and bought myself a BMX bike. Jing's been pushing me to do so for the past week and I've been doing hours of research since (going out of my mind). Initially I thought I'd be able to walk into a shop with $500 and buy a decent complete but on checking a few completes out...
  11. Justin Fox

BMX: Complete vs. Custom

Hi kids, I've never owned a BMX (unless you call a 90's Bully a BMX) and my mate Jing has been pushing me to get one. I've dropped in to Hell on Wheels in Newtown to check out their bikes but ended up gawking at their skate stuff more than the bikes lol. I used to be a skater in the day...
  12. Justin Fox

Scott Scale whippet!

It's official. I rammed the final nail in my Ti project: http://forums.farkin.net/showthread.php?t=122603 last night. Jing came around to drop off my Scott Scale frame and fork which he sold to me last week. We took off his parts and whacked on what we could off the Ti bike. The Scale...
  13. Justin Fox

EUROBIKE 2009 - New 2009 bikes inside

EUROBIKE 2009: New Jackal (so sad and lame it's lost it's amazing shape). Out of control. Same weenie parts as my Ti project but 1.1kg lighter at 7.9kg's. Yes please. Sexy Tranny?! Hmmmm. Attack mode. OK I can go on and on but I won't. To see ALL of the pictures go here...
  14. Justin Fox

Riding lots and losing too much weight -help?!

Hi guys and gals, I'm 33 and feeling damn good now that I'm back into cycling. I just had a chat with my neighbour out the front and she was shocked that I looked so thin. She said any thinner and I'll vanish! She even said look at your jeans! They're falling off, funny thing is I've...
  15. Justin Fox

PICS: 2009 Giants

09! Glory Reign Trance Anthem XTC Brass STP
  16. Justin Fox

Suspension fork - painting lowers

Hi all, Jon and Grip did a great job painting my frame, now my forks are out of whack colour wise (they are 140mm Fox 32 Float RL's). I'd love to have them painted black but I'd have to take them apart + get them sprayed (powdercoating is not an option). To get that done right (as in all pro...
  17. Justin Fox

What exactly does "free servicing" entail?

I've noticed some local bike stores offer "free servicing for 12 months" on new bike sales. That sounds a lot more appealing than "first service free"! I was just wondering what exactly does "free servicing" entail?
  18. Justin Fox

Fucked up my Pace forks? Help please!

Hi guys, I bought some Pace RC39 forks off eBay from a guy who just had them serviced (apparently factory serviced too). I was playing with the rebound knob on the Pace forks and I kept screwing it clockwise until I noticed that the knob came out of the fork a little. Curiosity got...
  19. Justin Fox

Advice? I need a car to carry bikes...

Hi all, Just to prove my dedication to the sport... I sold my S2000 as I couldn't carry bikes with it. :( She'll not really be missed as I was getting over her anyways. Too low (I was scraping the cat on absolutely everything), too impractical (I can't carry people, a case of beer only...
  20. Justin Fox

1991 Bell Mountain Bike Nationals Goulburn

Did anyone enter this? I did! I waas just going through my sticker collection to look for something odd to stick on my BMX frame and I found these massive stickers: I'm pretty sure I still have my number somewhere, and I know a guy (used to know, not seen him in years) who has pictures...