Search results

1. E

Hi Dwi, Thanks for your post RE the NS Surge. I'm rarely on Rotorburn these days, so I glossed...

Hi Dwi, Thanks for your post RE the NS Surge. I'm rarely on Rotorburn these days, so I glossed over the post. I'm living in Brisbane if you would like to inspect the bike. Thanks,
  2. E

demystify Heart rate

So many different opinions with respect to HR zones and training that have all achieved great results Driftking. My approach is the simple old school way: base-> strength -> speed. Base I kept my base zone around 75% (of max HR) when coming back from a long lay off. It works. Clearly you...
  3. E

xt m770 (9 speed) shifters front and rear, or xtr equivelant

Hey folks, As per the title. I'm keen for a quick sale ... Cheers, Emmett
  4. E

Help choose 1st roadie between these two carbons Fuji vs Merida

I reckon you can do better than both of those for price if you are patient and prepared to have a look around. e.g http://www.bikeexchange.com.au/bicycles/fondriest/road/fondriest-r10-55cm/eltham/vic/102147931...
  5. E

The Disc Jockey Thread!

http://soundcloud.com/emmett1/something-deep Tracklist Skinnerbox - Purgatory Fire Lawrence - Just Like Heaven (Original Mix) Adam's Apple - Little Window (Original Mix) Roman Fluegel - How to Spread Lies Discreet Unit - Shake Your Body Down (Original Mix) Youandewan - 1988 (Original...
  6. E

Is Strava putting other MTB Riders and the general public at risk?

Couldn't agree more about the iPod Pharmaboy. Truth be told I spend far more time out on the road these days and am really surprised at how many people value entertainment over the safety of an extra sense. Looks like it would be really fun to ride with some tunes on though :) For me it's...
  7. E

Is Strava putting other MTB Riders and the general public at risk?

Disagree. It's much easier to start rolling down a 10% (+) gradient than to start up it again. IMBA Rules *edit* Safety and sense first though of course...
  8. E

The Disc Jockey Thread!

Thanks Matt :) If you are looking for producers of this kind of music jump onto beatport.com and have a dig around. It's where most of my stuff comes from... I'll flick you a link to my next mix which should be together in a few weeks if you like? Cheers, Emmett
  9. E

The Disc Jockey Thread!

Picked up a new toy :) The build quality of this is excellent. I bought this so I can manually beatmatch in Traktor as I was kind of missing it for a while there. This compliments my VCM 600 perfectly and makes me feel like I have my hands 'inside' Traktor. For those who like the deep...
  10. E

Rifleman in the ADF

I'm quite certain that universities offer degrees other than arts. Oh, and if stereoetyping is your thing there are a few pertaining to the the services...
  11. E

BG Fit

Top website Sumgy. Thanks for the link!
  12. E

Cadence basics?

100% correct
  13. E

Cadence basics?

As the others have said try and keep your cadence up high. On the road bike I keep it at around 100. In the hills it will drop and when sprinting/HIT it tends to go a little higher. According to Chris Carmichael your cardio system is more efficient than your legs up to a certain point. That...
  14. E

XC Are you thinking what i'm thinking BeOne? - Caution Ebay carboness inside

Mint dude! Pleased to read it goes like a shower of $hit :)
  15. E

Up hill climbing problem

It will take your muscles a long time to get used to climbing. Be patient... If you're finding that the hills are destroying you are probably going a bit too hard. Try to slow down your overall ride speed a bit and climb a bit slower if you are able to do so. Even better if you can increase...
  16. E

What is your Resting Heart Rate ?

43 (10 characters)
  17. E

The Disc Jockey Thread!

I'd suggest that there are much better options available for that sort of money. I think you would be better off with something a little more tactile (ie buttons, faders and knobs) with a whole lot less layers. How do you change three parameters at the same time with the Pacemaker? It all sounds...
  18. E

What are you listening to NOW?

Love that track :)
  19. E

Get the girls with our special weight-loss dieting techniques

Off topic Plow, have you used that bike rack before? I had one and learnt quite quickly that the tyres need to stay away from the exhaust pipe... Oh, and great buy for $1400.
  20. E

What are you listening to NOW?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZex00A9VkA