Search results

1. E

xt m770 (9 speed) shifters front and rear, or xtr equivelant

Hey folks, As per the title. I'm keen for a quick sale ... Cheers, Emmett
  2. E

Are Shimano MTB and road bike shoes the same size?

I've managed to get hold of road bike with Look pedals. As I've always used Shimano MTB shoes I figure I'd do the same with the roadie. A couple of things I need to clear up... Will Shimano road shoes accept look cleats? Are Shimano MTB shoes and road shoes roughly the same fit? Thanks...
  3. E

Need a tradesman to remove broken bolt off-site in Brisbane.

Hi Guys, The short of the story is I have snapped the top off a bolt in my washing machine and need someone to come and remove it. I'm not prepared to attempt it myself as I've heard to many horror stories. Obviously I need someone to come my house. I've looked in the Yellow Pages and Google...
  4. E

RockShox/Sram Australia Service.

I had a warranty issue with my Reba's. I took them into my LBS (in Brisbane) on Tuesday Arvo who then posted them to RockShox in another state. I received a call from LBS today (Thursday) saying they were back, fixed, and ready to go. Total cost of $25 for express postage. The forks literally...
  5. E

Rock Shox Reba Technical Issue - Please Help

My RS Reba's are holding air in both the positive and negative chambers. I went to go for a ride this morning and could get very little travel out them. Riding on a trail for about 20 meters and started hearing a sound that was like metal banging into metal. They will compress about 3-5mm and...
  6. E

Accident on Pipeline/Bronwyns (I think)

Just a message to wish the person well who was being airlifted out of Bronwyns (I think). I hope you are ok and have no long term damage. I asked the Ambo's if there is anything I could do at all to help, even taking the bike home for the person. All taken care of apparently. Take care of...
  7. E

How many links do I need in my chain.

I am looking at buying a XTR/Dura-ace chain. There is an option for the number of links required with the only remaining number being 116. Will this be long enough to put on 22x32x44T with 11-34 Cassette? Thanks, Emmett.
  8. E

Cycling, Farkin and my opinion.

Spurred by the closed thread of Justin Fox and 'Ross but by no means limited to I feel the need to post this thread. The strong sense of community that Farkin once had seems to be morphing over time. The change being one which seems to be exclusionary and intolerant- inevitably leading to...
  9. E

Brisbane Alley Cat 31/10

Thought I'd wish the guys and girls good luck in tonight's race. Sounds like an interesting theme "Missing Lanes" Anyone with photos please post 'em up. Cheers, Emmett (Crumpler retail jockey)
  10. E

Second hand purchasing of Roadie and sizing. Please help.

Hello folks, A friend of mine who has no idea about bikes has caught the road bug and looking at a pre-loved Orbea Lobular 2005. He has asked for my help and now I'm asking for yours:) It has dura-ace, carbon cranks etc and is 59cm (but apparently Orbea make small bikes relative to size...
  11. E

What seat options and why?

Hi folks, I have a '08 XTC 1 and it without a doubt has the worst seat EVER made. I am looking for a suitable replacement which I can use for XC. Ideally I'm chasing something that is comfortable over long distance and easy to slide off the back of. Lightweight would be nice of...
  12. E

Bike couriers in BNE. I need your help.. Reward offered.

I appologise if this breaks Farkin.net rules but I think it's borderline ok, particularly considering the amount of other rubbish posted in the Off Topic Disscussion. I'm a bees dick from positively identifing somone who stole $5k of my possessions X years ago. I was an apprentice at the...
  13. E

Sold.

Item: Hayes Mags with Hayes bradied lines and calipers X 2 Location: Brisbane will post at buyers expense. Item Condition: VGC very few scratches. Reason for selling: Not required Price and price conditions: $90 Extra Info: These brakes have been bled by my LBS and not ridden since. I...
  14. E

Giant XTC 2008. Anything which requires upgrading?

Well I just put my order in for a XTC 1 2008 model.:D I just thought i'd ask if there are any parts which look like they would require upgrading at the time of purchase OR in the future. Spec list is below http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-au/bikes/mountain/1334/29607/ I'm not looking...
  15. E

05 DH comp. Upgrades + spare forks included. $1100 SOLD pending payment.

Item: 2005 Giant DH comp , med Location: Bris, will post at buyers expense Item Condition: good, well looked after Reason for selling: new career=more time= XC Price and price conditions: *Edit* Drop that F*%cker down. $1100 firm... Extra Info: specs below Pictures: below Giant DH...
  16. E

Will Hayes Mags levers and calipers work on hayes 9 adaptors and rotors?

Will Hayes Mags levers and calipers work on hayes 9 adaptors and rotors? Thanks for your replies, Emmett.
  17. E

The official Coon, goon, booze and food thread. Bogans need not apply

Well i'm sure there are a few folk on Farkin whom spend a fair bit of time ensuring they have been fed and watered within a whisker of Buddha's contentment and have had some poor, average and great experiences to share. I'll kick off with the day's fair... Lunch at King of Kings', the...
  18. E

Post Count/ Name change

Well I'm not really too worried about it but I don't think the post count feature is working on my account. Secondly, I'd really like to change my username to Emmett if possible. Thanks admin/mods for your time.
  19. E

Calling Marcus from Manitou..

Hello Marcus, I have seen you on the Farkin boards previously and respect your educated and well reasoned responses, particularly in the midst of criticism and associated "flames" of anonymous internet media. I do however have two questions of my own.. Please don't assume I am here to...
  20. E

Sherman Slider +7 SPV. Can the lowers be replaced with other sherman range lowers?

Well I snapped my Sherman Slider +7 SPV's. As much as most people don't like the forks I do and would like to replace the lowers. The internals are not damaged in anyway what so ever. My question is- Can you replace the lowers on this model with say a flick, firefly, breakout etc. SPV Lower...