Search results

1. blacksp20

FOUND cheap XC fork

Item: 100mm travel, 9mm QR fork Location: Newcastle or Orange but happy with postage. Price range/Willing to Pay: Ideally $200 but depends what’s available Extra Info: Looking to replace a flogged Suntour XCM. Would prefer air adjust. Prefer straight steerer but fairly confident a tapered could...
  2. blacksp20

Reggie B (RGB)

Was lucky enough to receive a new Banshee Prime V2 and forks for my 40th last year. Built it up in December using parts from my old Yeti 575 and On One Lurcher. Wheels and drivetrain were donated by the Lurcher (hence the blue hubs and narrow rims) and the cockpit came from the Yeti. It’s a work...
  3. blacksp20

NSW FOUND Basic 27.5 QR rear wheel, 10sp drivetrain

Item: 27.5 QR rear wheel, nothing overly fancy, just practical, 6 bolt interface preferable Location: I’m in Newcastle. Price range/Willing to Pay: under $100 Extra Info: I like turtles. Item: 10sp Shimano rear derailleur and shifter. Doesn’t need to be fancy, it’s for a younger rider. As...
  4. blacksp20

Found: Hope hub adapters

Item: 20mm front and QR rear adapters for Hope Pro 2/4 hubs Location: Newcastle NSW Price range/Willing to Pay: Negotiable Extra Info: As above, two adapters needed. I gave away mine to a burner a few years ago and now I need some more. Serves me right for being charitable.
  5. blacksp20

Found WTB Dropper post remote lever for KS LEV

Item: Dropper post remote lever to suit KS LEV Location: Newcastle NSW Price range/Willing to Pay: Ideally under $30 but show me what’s available Extra Info: Just need a basic remote lever. Something like a basic KS or X-Fusion would do for a start. Currently running 3X so can’t use a...
  6. blacksp20

FOUND WTB 3x10 front setup

Dig deep in your parts bin guys and girls, need some parts that are pretty unloved these days. Item: 3x front rings to suit XT 785 cranks Location: Newcastle Price range/Willing to Pay: Show me what you've got Extra Info: Don't mind if they are used as long as they're not completely...
  7. blacksp20

Road tyres for my 29er

I'm planning on doing an 80km charity ride next year on my 29 carbon hardtail and I need some suggestions on tyres. I'm running Stans Arch EX rims. Just after something that's going to offer some comfort but not give me the feeling of riding in wet concrete. Thanks in advance.
  8. blacksp20

Shock hardware

Brains trust. About to jump on a Monarch from the Germans but looking to upgrade the mounting hardware but having some issues. My Yeti 575 runs a 22.0mmx8mm at the top, which is a common size, but the bottom runs a 15.0mmx8mm which is not at all common. Currently the frame uses DU bush and...
  9. blacksp20

Suspension gurus, your advice please.

I own a 2011 Yeti 575 and have been fairly happy with it except for pedal bob and mid travel support. I have had the factory RP23 tuned by Avalanche to get more compression damping at the expense of propedal, which I've never found to work properly even after servicing. Since the tune it's good...
  10. blacksp20

WTB: cheap OD2 stem 60-70mm

Item: OD2 stem 60-70mm Location: Newcastle Price range/Willing to Pay: cheap as possible Extra Info: Currently running a 90mm stem on my hardtail and I'd like to shorten the cockpit a little. Willing to swap stems if the right one is offered.
  11. blacksp20

Pikes on sale

Torpedo 7 has pikes on sale for $699 at the moment in case anyone in interested. http://www.torpedo7.com.au/division/outdoor/picklist/29072015_5?sitePreference=desktop
  12. blacksp20

NSW Rockshox Monarch+ 216x63mm (8.5x2.5")

Item: Rockshox Monarch+ 216x63mm (8.5x2.5") Location: I reside in Newcastle NSW but I'm happy to pay for postage Price range/Willing to Pay: I'm open to offers, show me what you've got. Extra Info: I can use the search function, so please don't post me this link as the seller appears not to...
  13. blacksp20

NSW SOLD: shimano XTR 3x crankset 175mm + BB

Item: Shimano M980 XTR cranks 175mm + 68/73 XTR BB Location: Newcastle Item Condition: good overall, scuffs on outside of arms from shoes rubbing, some scratching on ends from rock strikes. All threads are perfect. No rings included. Reason for selling: Gone to SRAM cranks Price and price...
  14. blacksp20

Parts vending machine

In my travels today I came across a vending machine for bike tools/spares. Not sure if others were aware of these. Have never seen one around before. Looked pretty cool. Prices seemed fair considering the convenience. They stocked reputable brands like Park Tool, Lezyne, Camelbak and Squirt...
  15. blacksp20

Painted bars

I've previously painted a set of Deity dirty30 bars that had chipped paint and were looking awful. Decided I wanted a colour change to match my "new" Yeti so turquoise was chosen. I stripped them right back, etch primer, auto paint and clear coated them. They looked mint until I went to put...
  16. blacksp20

NSW XL hardtail wanted

Item: XL hardtail frame/fork for 26" wheels or complete/semi complete bike. Location: I live in Newcastle, NSW Price range/Willing to Pay: Not a lot, depends what it is. Have a GT Force I can swap also. Extra Info: Just after a hardtail to take my young boys out riding on. Have been...
  17. blacksp20

Fox shock tunes

Can someone school me on the 3 different tunes on Fox RP23 shocks. Which has the most compression damping of the F, M or L? Same with rebound damping?
  18. blacksp20

Sold

Item: Shimano XT M785 front and rear brake set Location: Thornton NSW Item Condition: Excellent, no damage, only a few months old, 85% pad left Reason for selling: Parting out a bike Price and price conditions: $150+ post Extra Info: Selling for my uncle, happy to answer PM's and can...
  19. blacksp20

NSW Sold

Item: Rockshox SID XX 29er tapered 15mm Location: Thornton NSW Item Condition: Excellent Reason for selling: Parting out a bike Price and price conditions: $500 + post Extra Info: Selling for my uncle, happy to take PM's or forward his mobile for direct contact. 160mm tapered carbon...
  20. blacksp20

Sold

Item: Bontrager Mustang 29er tubeless wheelset including shimano XT rotors and 10sp cassette Location: Thornton NSW Item Condition: Good condition, no known flat spots. Reason for selling: Parting out a bike Price and price conditions: $400 + post Extra Info: Advertising for my uncle, I'm...