Search results

1. k_d

The 4X thread.

Add hybrid bikes to that list as well. Even the cheapest flow (might be $999? I cant remember :( ) is still a brilliant base to start from. As for parts, those sniper pedals are bloody tough (mine have had a few run-ins with rocks and stuff already :p )
  2. k_d

The 4X thread.

Approx 11.3 kgs. No idea how much its cost overall as I had pretty much all the parts on another frame before this. Tell the rain to go away and ill get on for you :p
  3. k_d

The 4X thread.

Its not, Only stock items are headset, frame and seat/post.
  4. k_d

The 4X thread.

The Avanti/ABD Flow as talked about a few pages back are now available. Heres mine :P
  5. k_d

4X 2011 ABD Flow

I was going to do the same thing, but decided to go the abd because I couldn't get the Voltage HT that matches my FR and didnt like the look of the others haha.
  6. k_d

4X 2011 ABD Flow

Yeah, i was in the same position but Im running gears, and neither of the voltages can run gears (The TMOs are out of the question as they arent actually getting them due to production problems :()
  7. k_d

4X 2011 ABD Flow

Thanks, Yeah, they do.
  8. k_d

4X 2011 ABD Flow

After about 3months of waiting, finally got the frame the other day. Its the 1st Production one (to my knowledge) in Aus. Cant find my camera cable at the moment, so only some shitty phone pics. Spec FRAME: 2011 ABD Flow 1 Long FORK: Rockshox Reba Race dual air HEADSET: FSA Sealed Bearing...
  9. k_d

The 4X thread.

I find that all the shimano equipped bikes that I have ridden/heard produce more noise that sram equipped ones. I think thats due to the sram deraileurs having more cage spring tension compared to shimano (even saint). I have found SRAM feels really crisp on the shifts, whereas shimano feels a...
  10. k_d

Reign on me.

I think its just an lg1+ without the bottom roller/bashguard.
  11. k_d

The 4X thread.

I have a Specialized SX If I have the desire to run a dually, but to be honest its not needed around here (going from the tracks that I have visited anyway). Duallys are way slower out of the gate, as you cant really get a snap because most bikes will tend to squat a litle under power. I have...
  12. k_d

The 4X thread.

Anyone know what the velvets are worth?
  13. k_d

braaaaaaaaap the whip thread. no dialup allowed.

Thats at majura yeah? Heaps of good whip photos have been taken over that.
  14. k_d

The 4X thread.

Im guessing its supposed to be used as a warm-up?
  15. k_d

4X Parts Thread.

I agree 100% Even my parents don't mind watching 4x
  16. k_d

The 4X thread.

Or if they don't, use a punch and hammer to knock the pins out.
  17. k_d

The 4X thread.

I ran a similar setup and found that the deraileur was really noisy, regardless if it was on my dualy or ht. Best value for money upgrade on a 4x bike IMO = XTR inner and outer gear cable, so smooth its crazy.
  18. k_d

4X Training Thread.

If you could, that would be awesome. I think I need to do a bit more training than gates on a wednesday, racing on friday and riding to/from work.
  19. k_d

Danger! High voltage!

Very nice. I have the same, but in a long. Damn that seat looks the goods on there!!! Did you find your rear shock to be really sticky for the first few rides?
  20. k_d

4X Parts Thread.

Surely you could just modify the original ratchet plate?