Search results

1. Ridenparadise

Nerang (Gold Coast) MTB Crisis. Everyone help please

The Nerang MTB trail system is about to be destroyed by the land manager. Here are the details. Most regulars will know that in the Gold Coast hinterland between Nerang to the south, Pacific Pines to the north and Mt Nathan and Maudsland to the west is a network of trails dating back a quarter...
  2. Ridenparadise

Stolen Ibis Mojo SLR-R custom build

Stolen from inside a locked sports store room Broadbeach Qld. Date of theft unknown. Due to illness and bad weather I had not entered the room for several weeks. The bike was cable locked to a bike rack inside a room that requires a resident or staff key for access. Orange large Ibis Mojo SL-R...
  3. Ridenparadise

How many east/west MTB trails could you build for $640million?

Good to see all that money going for absolutely nothing in Victoria. No wonder we hate fucking politicians.:noidea:
  4. Ridenparadise

If Arnie can, what about everyone else?

So Arnie took to Melbourne streets after the F1 on a share bike, shock horror, helmetless. Now they are asking if he should be charged for the offence based on pics sent to the media. It kinda highlights some of the issues regarding helmet laws. Got to say, regardless of my profession's...
  5. Ridenparadise

Woman Jailed for Death of Driver

This is a sad story all round, but I really wonder what the outcome would have been if she killed a cyclist? I suspect jail would not have come up...
  6. Ridenparadise

Gold Coast Call to Arms

Hi everyone. MTB on the Gold Cast needs your help! We need you to ride the Old Tambo trail on Monday morning, 2nd February at 10AM. The City of Gold Coast has released its "Draft Nature Based Recreation Plan 2015 - 2025" and MTB is part of it. A prominent politician will be holding a media...
  7. Ridenparadise

Merry Christmas Recipe for Fun

Hope everyone is having a great day. I got out for a ride before the family woke up (no-one under 19 years in this house). Got in a bit of sweet trail. Came home and had a swim. It was pretty warm out riding. Then baked the ham which is my job each year, apparently because everyone...
  8. Ridenparadise

OMG - Nerang

I love Nerang and I feel lucky to live close enough to ride to the trails. I also worry about the place. It seems to be going out of control. The riding is still great and below the radar in some ways, considering how much media coverage neighbouring MTB areas get. Meeting someone on a ride...
  9. Ridenparadise

Friday the 13th Under A Full Moon:evil::yield:

Be afraid! Anything could happen! http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gif
  10. Ridenparadise

Update: What You Need To Know About Trail Work in Nerang National Park Qld 2014

Qld Parks and Wildlife Service believes MTB has a place in Nerang National Park. They allow us to maintain and manage our trails, but there are rules: Gold Coast Mountain Bike Club is the single point of trailcare contact with QPWS Trailcare must be reported to QPWS Proposed changes to...
  11. Ridenparadise

Guess the trail. Add your pics and hints.

SEQTA http://www.seqta.net.au/ has been doing this on their newsletter and it's kinda fun. Post one pic and any explanation needed. I am going to start with a cheat. It's in NSW, but anyone who can name this "trail" has some explaining to do....
  12. Ridenparadise

Injury of the Day

Bit it on Bailey's today. It's too rocky a trail to fall on and get away with it. For those who know it, there were a couple of big, loose rocks on the entry to a choke between a tree and a broken tree. I took a line from left of the rocks and exited right of the trail on the grass and...
  13. Ridenparadise

Happy Australia Day from the Gold Coast

My hands and wrists hurt because some of our dirt is chunky
  14. Ridenparadise

Caution! Trail Sabotage in Nerang

Happy New Year from SE Qld, but beware if you are riding Nerang. Over the last 6 months vandals have been pulling flagging ribbon (no big deal except for the litter), knocking down trail monuments and corrals and cutting down small trees and blocking trail with them. More recently bridges...
  15. Ridenparadise

Every Metre Counts - Nerang needs your help

If this is not appropriate, I hope the mods will contact me at http://www.mtbtrailcare.com. Trailcare volunteers are trying to raise money for singletrack in the Nerang National Park, on the Gold Coast. After a successful raffle in WA a year or so ago, Specialized Bicycles and Just Ride...
  16. Ridenparadise

We have a new World Champion

Paul VDP wins the XC Eliminator in South Africa:drum::drum::drum::drum::drum::drum::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo:
  17. Ridenparadise

Don't forget the World Champs start in a couple of hours

http://live.redbull.tv/events/272/uci-mtb-championships-2013-xco-women/
  18. Ridenparadise

Qld MTB Survey interim results from QORF

Some of you responded to this survey. Here are the results to date. QORF are posting it on their website, so I am guessing it's all good to copy here. Stats are always interesting. The ones that stand out to me are: the small percentage of female responses that despite a high...
  19. Ridenparadise

Maybe someone will stop and think about bikes now Maybe not

Sadly another statistic where someone's next 5 seconds were more important than the reality for some poor (cyclist) person. (He was riding his bike say other reports) I see people speeding through my street and worry about kids and pets. A fair number of people in a hurry are locals...
  20. Ridenparadise

QLD MTB Survey - Please have your say

QORF is pro-MTB. They are working as a point of access between MTB groups and State Government. Issues they are involved in recently include access to public land for MTB, bringing illegal trails into the legal trail systems, MTB on National Parks, other state and Council lands, racing access...