Search results

1. P

old helmet usage

While quite a few people still ride bikes that are over 10 years old, at what age limit should you consider retiring safety gear. i have an Old Bell fullface helmet that was purchased around 2009, it got a few years usage. then it sat on the shelf in the garage for the last 8 years . i only...
  2. P

Sold shimano 10 speed casette 11-36

Item: 10 speed cassette 11-36 range Location: canberra Item Condition: used Reason for selling: no longer being used Price and price conditions: 30 Extra Info: prefer pick up, will post at buyers expense Pictures:
  3. P

ACT SOLD xt shimano rear shifter and Derailleur 10 speed

Item: Shimano XT rear derailleur and shifter 10 speed Location: canberra Item Condition:used Reason for selling:no longer needed Price and price conditions:50 Extra Info: used for about 6months on a bike i no longer have, just taking up space. dont have cable housing, of the bar mounts...
  4. P

Sold ks lev integra sold

Item: 150mm KS Lev integra dropper post Location: Canberra Item Condition: used , for about 5 hours. has small mark on cable guide Reason for selling:new bike comes with the same dropper post Price and price conditions: 290 275 Extra Info:total length 440mm seat post 30.9...
  5. P

differing bike warranty discussion

Without at the moment wanting to name the company in question, i was looking at the fineprint of a particular brands warranty on frames. a particular clause i noticed is the requirement to have the bike serviced once a year. to keep the warranty for 5 years. if this is not carried out, the...
  6. P

ACT SOLD - KS lev dropper post

Item: KS lev dropper post Location: ACT Item Condition: about 9 months old. has been sitting in box unused for last 2 months Reason for selling: no longer needed Price and price conditions:$300 + buyers pays postage Extra Info: will post with new cabling fits 30.9 seapost . 125mm of...
  7. P

which torque wrench

As the title suggests, i'm after some feedback on what others are using. having just purchased a new bike with a carbon frame, id prefer not to over tighten any bolts, or run the risk of cracking the frame. ive looked at all the usual suspect websites- Wiggle ,Chain reaction, Cell bikes...
  8. P

ACT SOLD pair 2014 avid XO trails

Item:pair 2014 avid XO trail Location:Canberra Item Condition: like new, installed on bike ridden for 10 km's Reason for selling: selling bike Price and price conditions: $340, will post at buyers expense Extra Info: Weight: 340 grams (Carbon blade/Front direct mount/160mm...
  9. P

ACT SOLD medium specialized enduro comp 2013

SOLD price drop. removed the dropper post and updated pics Item:2013 specialized Enduro comp Location:Canberra Item Condition: used, just over 1 year old Reason for selling: new XC bike purchased, need the cash Price and price conditions:a few small marks on rear chainstay...
  10. P

removing my cranks

hey guys, i have tried to remove the sram S 1250 cranks on my Enduro. i had been told it was a simple as using a 10mm Allen Key to undo the cranks, then pull them apart. . wanting to convert the bike to a 10x1 setup. im planning on removing the granny ring and then fit a new chain...
  11. P

ACT sold

sold up for sale is my 2007 specialized stumpjumper size medium original spec is listed below http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/archive/2007/stumpjumperfsr/stumpjumperfsrcomp#specs bike has the usual scrapes and scuffmarks that are to be expected on a 5 year old bike...
  12. P

changing brakes hoses

i have a set of elixir CR's i wish to put on my Enduro, because the stock elixir 5's arent up to my liking. ( long story is , i just cant afford new brakes atm , so anything is going to be better, at least the CR's have lever reach adjustment and i can change the pad contact point) my...
  13. P

2013 specialized enduro

managed to get a hold of a new 2013 Enduro from Sydney. on the scales it reads at 13.9kg. took it out for a an hour ride yesterday at Mt Stromlo. mostly on the playground area to get a feel for the handling, had an absolute blast . will be looking at adding a dropper post in the coming...
  14. P

what to do with old hydraulic lines.

I have just taken a pair of juicy 7's off of my bike, and replaced them with a nice new pair of elixir cr. I have bled the rear break line. It is the correct length to the rear wheel . tomorrow im going to shorten the other hose on the front brake and do a bleed. as the dot 5.1 fluid is...
  15. P

NSW stinky 2008 (price drop) sold

kona stinky 2008 size =medium 15.5 location = sydney reason for sale : prefer XC price= 1600 $1400 prefer pick up. will post. condition : i small scratch on top tube. no dents or cracks spec list is here http://www.konabikes.co.uk/2008/stinky/stinky.php i have made a few...
  16. P

please delete

Please delete
  17. P

please delete ( sold )

Item: STP2 2005 Large:14.5" Location:Sydney ( inner west ) Item Condition:mechanically fine, frames has a few scratches. Reason for selling:bike is gathering dust in shed. Price and price conditions:$350 . prefer pickup Extra Info:recently replaced the back rim to an Alexrims d18 frame...
  18. P

bike maintenance

hey everyone. I am hoping someone can suggest to me a good book dedicated to bike maintenance and repairs. im after something that has a fairly descriptive instructions on how to perform different tasks. pretty much along the lines of how to strip and rebuild a bike. cheers pliskin
  19. P

Demonstration bikes

Hey everyone, I have been looking at the forums for the last 3 months or so, trying to gauge peoples opinions and thoughts on different styles of riding. I am interested in trying to find if there any bike shops in the Sydney metropolitan area that allow you to take the bike you are...