Search results

1. B

Blue Dragon 2011 pics?

Yeah, cameras everywhere this year! Tasimages pretty much cover every decent MTB race in Tas, and I expect that they were there this year, however there is nothing on their site (and no mention on the Blue Dragon web page), yet. Blue Dragon 2010 photos are here...
  2. B

Best Place to live and Ride in Australia

Tassie++ For XC and roadies in Hobart, it gets even better... We have a group that rides at lunchtime everyday from somewhere in the CBD. The ability to ride from the capital and be in the bush on any number of XC trails (and the possibilities are almost endless) or be on any number of great...
  3. B

Scott 24 hour crash?!?!?

I wasn't referring to the ramp itself as the pointy boulder, rather, the boulder in the middle of the B-line to the left of it which was totally blind. Still, a couple of practice laps before the race is enough to learn this section. But, if we're talking about additional sign posting, this is...
  4. B

Scott 24 hour crash?!?!?

I disagree with the need to signpost it. It _was_ visible from a distance up the hill and competitors really should be doing practice laps (as we did on Friday afternoon) before hitting any section of track at high speed. The B-line was also very visible and obviously the easiest line (it was...
  5. B

Scott clothing online

Hi all, Can anyone tell me where I can order Scott clothing from?
  6. B

Very low heart rate during recovery ride

Thanks for the insight everyone. 72fury: yes, I should've made the distinction between age based formulae and lab test :) and yes, lthr (of which I estimate mine to be around 172 - 175) and vo2max are much more informative! A power tap and lab test would be nice but really, I'm just a xc hack...
  7. B

Well I guess there is no single proven method to determine max heart rate (there are many). I use the Karvonen formulae: Min 220 - 33 (Age) = 187 (Max hr) 187 - 65 (Rest. HR) = 122 122 x .65 (Intensity as % max hr) + 65 (Rest. HR) = 144.3 Beats/Minute Max 220 - 33 (Age) = 187 (Max hr) 187 - 65...
  8. B

Cheers everyone. I guess I'll put it down to being a bit body tired. :)
  9. B

Cheers for the replies so far! I'm 34. min hr (65%) = 144bpm max hr (90%) = 175bpm These numbers have proven to be pretty accurate so far (i.e. I know I'm going anaerobic past about 87% (171bpm). The only other thing I can add is that my body was feeling a bit fatigued on the ride but for...
  10. B

Hi all, Apologies if this has been discussed before (I did search!). Yesterday I did a 123km ride (all but 6km on road/gravel road) on my mtb. Today I went for a recovery ride (on the road) and my heart rate was very low and breathing very easy. At the end of the ride my avg hr was 138. Down...