Search results

1. deboat

Motorbike Importation - Anyone done it?

Want Model is it? As an example: If it was a Suzuki GSX 750 89". Then originally it would have been imported and has a compliance plate for the then Aussie homologation laws. I know that now Suzuki Australia will not issue a compliance plate for any bikes they did not import them selves. This...
  2. deboat

What do you do for work ? Is it hit or shit.

Sorry.. I only play with next year's model.
  3. deboat

Tyre Warranty ?

A few weeks to find out if it is approved for warranty.... That is not customer service. Most dealers should have say either it is warranty or not. The dealer completes an online warranty form, the shop gets a credit and holds onto the tyre for 3 months so that the sales rep from the...
  4. deboat

Moto GP 2015

MM is a tool and should not have been mixing it up with Rossi. If you are not in the points game then you leave alone the guys who are. The crowd reaction last weekend booing at lorenzo was.... different. At first he was smiling but then he walked away. Ped did a great ride but no one...
  5. deboat

What do you do for work ? Is it hit or shit.

Motorcycle industry for over 20 years. I moved OS, think orange bikes, and miss the Aussie weatherand surfing but I do live 10 min bike ride from the start of the Alps. It was -3 degrees on the way to work this morning. I stalk the Rotorburn forum for my hits of Aussie humor. Thanks guys!
  6. deboat

Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

Check out the last photo. https://www.willhaben.at/iad/gebrauchtwagen/auto/chevrolet-sonstige-g20-transamerca-137430058/
  7. deboat

Topless models for Total Rush shop re-launch?!?!

driftking your argument is so far away from the rest of the world. What you are saying is only true in your little world and not in other places around the world. Some places in the world the girls would be put in jail and other places they get paid more and some girls go top less just for fun...
  8. deboat

Cannondale scalpel frame failure - any suggestions?

Wombat , you made one very good point about what is written in the warranty because in Aus that does means squat! What is the law is what is important but in Aus the importer does not have to do this until the court says so. A importer uses a warranty book as a guide. Most warranty books used in...
  9. deboat

Cannondale scalpel frame failure - any suggestions?

I find this thread interesting!! OK so the frame that broke is going to be replaced under warranty, but no parts that were damaged as a result of the crash. And the frame with the crack the warranty claim has been denied. If this is true then, first I would be very surprised if you got any...
  10. deboat

Chain reaction now limiting some product availability?

I have a Garmin 800, that I bought here in Aus. I went to buy an Europe map and when you buy it from Aus it is $99au. I did not buy until I got to Germany and I paid 40euro. MMMMMMMmmmm! So I think Garmin control the price depending where you down load.
  11. deboat

carbon frame repairs

Hey, I was wondering if anyone could recomend someone who can do carbon frame repairs in Victoria???? Thanks,
  12. deboat

You Yangs XCO track

I rode the lap tonight. The only thing I will ask is why do we ride up Boulder? This track is made to go down. There is not alot of places to pass, and on the first lap of the race if someone stuffs up on the climb up Blouder everyone behide them will have to stop. The whole lap feels like you...
  13. deboat

You Yangs XCO track

Does anyone know the course that will be used for the XCO at the You Yangs?
  14. deboat

2010 Tour de Timor

stage one breakage 15klms into the first stage I felt the back of my bike feeling soft after hitting one of ten thousand potholes. I asked the riders around me if they could see anything wrong. At the 60klms water stop when I stood on the pedals to go I felt the bike move alot more so I stoped...
  15. deboat

Timor tyre suggestions

Good advise!!! I now using the 2 on the rear and 2.2 on the front. After a short test ride yesterday I dismantled the bike and started packing it up. Thanks for the heads-up Gixer7!!!
  16. deboat

Timor tyre suggestions

Hi, I'm trying the race kings but the narrow 2. I was thinking of using a 2.2 for the front but if the rain comes the skinner the better. Imagine five days of racing in mud and clay without washing the bikes. This is going to be epic!!! Viva Timor!!!
  17. deboat

Post Your XC Machine

Trek 9.9 The frame is a Trek 9.9 full XTR group set. crossmax wheels 2010 Fox forks fit rlc Bontrager carbon xxx seat post and stem Fi'zik seat All the bolts are either alloy or titanium. I would like to change the bars to carbon, only to complete the package. It weighed in at 9.3kgs
  18. deboat

Tour de Timor Website now live

An Epic week coming up!! I have counted teams from 16 different countries for this race. I'm really looking forward to the warm/hot weather!! Last year most of the climbing was on hard packed road or bitumen, only the desents had anything loose on them. So the front tyre will have knobs on it...
  19. deboat

MTB in Iceland

Nice report D, Sounds like a real adventure. Did you take some pics? If so e-mail me some. Speak to you soon, Tex
  20. deboat

Victorian XC Championships

I have done several laps now and Boulder is not that hard to climb. There are many different lines you can take over the rocks , the faster one generaly being the harder. The Clam is easy, if you ride high on the rock face you just have to check your speed because you can go into it alot faster...