Search results

1. R

Husky Reschedule 28th Feb 2015 - Buy/Sell thread

If you can't transfer, then ask for a FULL refund: From MTBA Newsletter of 3 May 2014: "What Happens if an Event is Cancelled or Postponed? The advice that MTBA has received is that the Australian Consumer Law is quite specific on your rights regarding refunds if an event is cancelled or...
  2. R

MTBA committee elections

Let's move on Agree with Chica (I'm polite of course) - but it's a great opportunity to move forward, and not rake over the past. One of the main things will be for the Committee to meet regularly! From my experience with a previous company Board which was not functioning well - half the...
  3. R

MTBA committee elections

...moving forward I think we would be wise not to dwell to much on the machinations of the past week, but now ensure we can obtain the improvements we seek. Not that the past is unimportant - and should be kept in mind, but let's not get bogged down with a Royal Commission. That said - it...
  4. R

MTBA committee elections

Nominations are on MTBA website now I see that all the nominations for MTBA Committee have now been posted on the MTBA website - except for OT Rider Rep "withheld". It seems to be public knowledge that Ross Kroger has nominated for this position, plus also Secretary, Treasurer, and CA Board...
  5. R

MTBA committee elections

Who are ALL the nominations? One item that we seem to be missing, and MTBA don't seem to want to tell us: Who nominated for what position (including those where only one person nominated)? We know where there was more than one nomination due to a vote being held. But what about the...
  6. R

MTBA committee elections

New people needed. How long has Ross been Treasurer for already? Sounds like we need to let new people have a go!
  7. R

MTBA committee elections

Committee qualification Well actually you do have to be a member of MTBA to be on the Committee - see 16(1)b, where if you cease to be a member, the position is automatically vacant. This follows the ACT Model Rules for Associations.
  8. R

MTBA AGM- presidential vote

AGM date - my error Woops - yes - can't add 5 months to 30 June! End of November it is. Here's a radical idea: MTBA post the reports and accounts in the member's section of the MTBA website BEFORE the AGM! So that we can see what's occured prior to having to vote on positions. Yes, the...
  9. R

AGM date/location & quorum I do sympathise with MTBA trying to set a date/location for the AGM. Any weekend will probably now clash with a major event in some State. I know this from trying to set club dates around major enduros. Tying the AGM to a National race has some advantages as some...
  10. R

MTBA Insurance costs PaulB askes: I'd be interested in what the license insurance does cost - I doubt it's trivial. Well actually if you look at last year's MTBA accounts they spent $65k on insurances. It's hard to know how many members MTBA has as it was not mentioned in the reports...
  11. R

I received it OK I have received the MTBA emails on the AGM ok. I'm also amazed at some of the nitpicking tripe and vitriol above. I hope some of the those above are not on the Committee.
  12. R

Trail Marking: Post and Signage Design

Use IMBA standard signs Hi, You should consider using the IMBA standard track signs. Contact Nick Bowman at info.imba@imba-au.com
  13. R

NSW State XC Championships

But where is the "Superbowl"? For the unitiated - where is the Superbowl? Are directions on the MTBA registration page?
  14. R

2011 JetBlack NSW All Schools XC MTB championships.

Don't forget...... Don't forget you can make up a team from more than one school. The 2010 race documents are still on the web site www.wsmtb.com, but the 2011 documents will be there soon. There will be very little difference. Last year we had 210 riders from over 30 schools compete...
  15. R

WSMTB round 6 - Yellomundee

Thanks Erica for all the great work in keeping the results and points up to date!
  16. R

WSMTB round 6 - Yellomundee

Agm? Hi - can we have the AGM time/place posted on the web site please - so we can put it in the diary. It was another great club series - run by the very competent crew at WSMTB. Thanks all.
  17. R

2009 Canberra Interschools DH

Don't really like the chances of RawNRG running a "Southern Conference" Interschools in Mt Buller 27-29 March 2009. They don't even have a web site yet. As for RawNRG then running a "Northern Conference" at Thredbo the following weekend - they must have forgotten to tell Thredbo about it as...
  18. R

NSW interschools

Suggestions: - Start simple: Just leave it at a single 4 hour teams race. The aim is to build MTB in schools. If it takes off - then consider additional races and championship in the future. Remember - most of the really keen riders are already competing in clubs and other series. -...
  19. R

NSW interschools

We haven't heard a thing. If you count back from end of November, then Sunday 30 Nov is a no go as many riders will be on camps etc. That really only leaves Sundays 2, 9, 16 & 23 Nov. Even late Nov may be an issue - are there exams and stuff on? October is out now due to WSMTB...