Search results

1. T

NSW Armidale people

Pump track! Hi Jess, i'm keen to have a look at your pump track at some stage. We are considering putting in a section of pump track at the new Sport UNE XC track and we need a few pointers. Shoot me an email at mtrotter@une.edu.au. Regards.
  2. T

Armidale (New England/North West) Cross Country Racing this weekend

New England MTB is hosting the first race of its winter calendar this weekend at the newly developed SportUNE track. Its a a short period enduro format race run over 88 minutes Open mens/womens Sport mens/womens, pairs (male female and mixed), masters and junior categories. BYO Picnic...
  3. T

Rotorburn, the new Farkin

Great work - will help local mtb development heaps Love the name change, now our club can consider applying to have a club section put in the forums, something we have avoided whilst the name was farkin.
  4. T

XC around thredbo area

XC trails around thredbo I went to Jindabyne over summer for a little cycling holiday (with the roadie and xc mtb), headed up to thredbo one day thinking there would have to be some half decent XC trails there but found very little. The village loop trail that you mentioned was full of walkers...
  5. T

UST rims: Which non-UST tyres?

Maxxis Wire Bead I've been running DIY tubless for a while now. Just taped up rims (two types of tape, one hard for spoke holes the other soft for sealing) and a stans valve, diy sealant too. I rode kevlar bead Maxxis crossmarks for ages, they seated easy and made for a very light wheelset...
  6. T

Accomodation in Jindabyne???

Anyone know or reccomend any (affordable) accomodation in Jindabyne for a summer mtb holiday??? I'm particuarly interetsed in a self contain or cabin type deal but will go with what evere is reasonably priced...
  7. T

Walcha Teams MTB Challenge 26th October

Looking for a team? If anyone is looking for a team we have a few spare spots available on teams up here... shoot me an email if your keen... mtrotter@une.edu.au
  8. T

Walcha Teams MTB Challenge 26th October

Hi folks, although this isn't a dedicated or serious mtb race (its primarilly a fundraiser) it is still fairly competitive and last years event was reported by many as really good fun. there is some reasonable prizemoney, you can win your team up to $600 if you win your category. Its...
  9. T

Rider etiquette sticky?

My 2 cents I have been racing for a few years now and have really noticed the difference that a good design makes to track agro. A track with frequent areas for passing, so that riders held up by slower folk know that they will soon hit a passing lane makes a big difference to the overall track...
  10. T

Budget XC lights

DIY cheap bike lights from torch's I wipped up this guide a little while ago for people in our club wanting to get into night riding cheaply. Its a bit long winded but basically uses one of the torch's from deal extreme (a seul led version).....
  11. T

Armidale MtB - New England North West NSW racing on new track!

only put in recently We have only just put the track in, its all of about 3 months old, so it probably wasn't there when you were studying. If you ever come up againt let us know and we can show you round!
  12. T

Armidale MtB - New England North West NSW racing on new track!

Hi folks, New England Mountain Bikers have established a new XC/Enduro mtb track at the University of New England with racing begginning on the 13th of April. If you are from up north and are keen to get involved check out our web site for details www.newenglandmtb.com
  13. T

Port Macquarie 12/6 Hour - 1&2 March

Interest??? Not much interest in the Port race eh?, is anyone out there going to this or are Delmar and me gunna clean up???
  14. T

Anyone using a GIS (Geographic Information System) to design track (e.g. ARC GIS)???

I'd be keen to know if anyone is using a GIS to design mountain bike track, i've been mucking around with ARC GIS myself and would like to hear how others might be using it to assist their track design???, I'm particuarly interested to hear if anyone has used DEM's to plan track gradient and...
  15. T

Womens Begginers MTB Skills Day - New England & North West NSW

armidale nsw? Youv'e ridden up here?
  16. T

Womens Skills Clinic - Armidale NSW

Hi, we're having a womens skills clinic at the University of New England's mtb track on the 23rd of february. Its primarilly for begginers but everyones invited. If you want all the details see the club web site www.newenglandmtb.com. My email address is there if you have any questions. Thanks...
  17. T

Womens Begginers MTB Skills Day - New England & North West NSW

Are you a woman interested in getting into MTB (or do you know someone that might be) and live in North Western NSW then come along to the New England Mountain Biker's Womens Begginers MTB Skills day. This clinic is being held at the brand new mtb track at The University of New England...
  18. T

Port Macquarie 12/6 Hour - 1&2 March

Hi folks, Thought i'd give the Port Macquarie 12 hour a bit of a plug. Its on 1/2 March, I did it last year and it was a fantastic race, nice track, facilities and great atmosphere. There's also a 6 hour option this year. See their web site for details http://12hr.hvmtbr.com/
  19. T

Tread fall reversals- how to make a track "pumpable"???

thanks oppy thanks oppy, we might have to integrate some pump into our transition zone, that stuff looks nice.
  20. T

Tread fall reversals- how to make a track "pumpable"???

Yeah i've read both the trail design and the other one about the vibe of trails. I just can't remember what they said about fall reversals for pumping. In any case i just discovered yesterday that the part of the trail i intended to put this section is the only section we will not be allowed...