Search results

1. T

Armidale (New England/North West) Cross Country Racing this weekend

New England MTB is hosting the first race of its winter calendar this weekend at the newly developed SportUNE track. Its a a short period enduro format race run over 88 minutes Open mens/womens Sport mens/womens, pairs (male female and mixed), masters and junior categories. BYO Picnic...
  2. T

Accomodation in Jindabyne???

Anyone know or reccomend any (affordable) accomodation in Jindabyne for a summer mtb holiday??? I'm particuarly interetsed in a self contain or cabin type deal but will go with what evere is reasonably priced...
  3. T

Walcha Teams MTB Challenge 26th October

Hi folks, although this isn't a dedicated or serious mtb race (its primarilly a fundraiser) it is still fairly competitive and last years event was reported by many as really good fun. there is some reasonable prizemoney, you can win your team up to $600 if you win your category. Its...
  4. T

Armidale MtB - New England North West NSW racing on new track!

Hi folks, New England Mountain Bikers have established a new XC/Enduro mtb track at the University of New England with racing begginning on the 13th of April. If you are from up north and are keen to get involved check out our web site for details www.newenglandmtb.com
  5. T

Anyone using a GIS (Geographic Information System) to design track (e.g. ARC GIS)???

I'd be keen to know if anyone is using a GIS to design mountain bike track, i've been mucking around with ARC GIS myself and would like to hear how others might be using it to assist their track design???, I'm particuarly interested to hear if anyone has used DEM's to plan track gradient and...
  6. T

Womens Skills Clinic - Armidale NSW

Hi, we're having a womens skills clinic at the University of New England's mtb track on the 23rd of february. Its primarilly for begginers but everyones invited. If you want all the details see the club web site www.newenglandmtb.com. My email address is there if you have any questions. Thanks...
  7. T

Womens Begginers MTB Skills Day - New England & North West NSW

Are you a woman interested in getting into MTB (or do you know someone that might be) and live in North Western NSW then come along to the New England Mountain Biker's Womens Begginers MTB Skills day. This clinic is being held at the brand new mtb track at The University of New England...
  8. T

Port Macquarie 12/6 Hour - 1&2 March

Hi folks, Thought i'd give the Port Macquarie 12 hour a bit of a plug. Its on 1/2 March, I did it last year and it was a fantastic race, nice track, facilities and great atmosphere. There's also a 6 hour option this year. See their web site for details http://12hr.hvmtbr.com/
  9. T

Tread fall reversals- how to make a track "pumpable"???

Hi track builders, we in Armidale are in the process of designing a new XC/enduro track at our University Sports Department. We have a hill that we want to traverse and i would like to put in a series of fall reversals across the hill so that it effectively becomes a "pumpable" run across...
  10. T

Homemade chain lube

Anyone got a good recipefor a homemade chain lube? i'm particuarly interested in a recipe for a wax type lube.
  11. T

Cyclecover insurance

Has anyone made a claim from this bike insurance company? if so what were they like to deal with?
  12. T

Port MacQuarie 12 Hour Enduro

Hi folks, Hastings Valley Mountain Bikers are holding their 12 hour enduro on the 3rd of March at Port MacQuarie. I can't remember seeing anything advertised yet so i thought i'd give em a plug. These guys have a great set up and it should be a good race and great fun. I have raced their enduro...
  13. T

Cannondale rush 800ish

What: Cannondale Rush 800 or something around that level Price range/Willing to Pay: $2000ish depends on condition Location: NSW Extra Info: negotiable price etc.
  14. T

Armidale MTB Summer XC Series

Just in case there's some mtber's out there that we don't know about the New England Mountain Bike club is kicking off it's Summer Series of XC racing tonight 6.30pm at kookaburra crest in Armidale. The 1.8km short course track takes in the 4 cross track as one of the down hills and it a great...
  15. T

9 watt Luxeon's for DIY bike lights

These bulbs (see link orattached pic) have recently (i think recently) become available on ebay. Has anyone had any experience with them? (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330045114881&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:11)
  16. T

Bridge ideas required

Hi guys, i tried this on the xc forum and got some good ideas but you might have better.... We need to make a portable bridge to span 7 metres across a creek on our enduro track. This needs to be light enough to move into and out of place (floods took last one) but strong enough not to break...
  17. T

New England Enduro's (4 hour races)

Hi all, if you live in the New England or NSW North West, this is for you... New England Mtb Club (located in Armidale) has two more races coming up in our Autumn Endurance Series. These are only 4 hour races and we are running them on our beginners track (not very technical), but the last...
  18. T

Creek crossings, how deep is too deep?

Our local club is developing some tracks in the hope of having some enduro's up here. However, we have a creek in the middle of our state forest which we have to negotiate. I am wondering if anyone out there has experience with creek crossings on tracks, how deep would you be comfortable...
  19. T

Enduro in the New England/NSW North West

Is there anyone out there from the New England Region, (or north west NSW) that would be interested in coming to Armidale for a bit of racing?, our little club is planning to put on a couple of mini enduro's in the next couple of months, anyone interested???
  20. T

girl needs starter XC bike

Am looking for a XC bike for a girl just getting into mtb. Anyone got any suggestions for makes/models or good deals they have seen in the sydney shops? Looking cheap ($500-$700) and she is 160 cm tall, so smallish frame, actually I would like to know what size frame she should have(s or xs)...