Search results

1. for those about to rock

Little Things You Hate

The hero that decided my face would make a nice punching bag last night.
  2. for those about to rock

Food/Diet Are fitness wristbands worthwhile? And other weightloss tips

Cheers for the answers! I'm off to look it up. Beats forking out the hard earned on the new thing everyone has.
  3. for those about to rock

Food/Diet Are fitness wristbands worthwhile? And other weightloss tips

I've got a few (10-15) kg's to shed and have decided I might as well do something about it. I'm not too keen on the whole going to a gym things, If I want to go for a run I'd rather go outside and do it, same with a ride. As for weights, I'd rather use my own mass by doing pull ups/push ups or...
  4. for those about to rock

Ebola - The End of the World?

For those who can't get to sleep at night: In all seriousness though, it is a very daunting and serious problem. However, unless you do come in contact with the bodily fluids of an infected person you are pretty much sweet. Unfortunately, even after a person dies, they can still carry the...
  5. for those about to rock

Little Things You Hate

It's less of an assumption, more of a if someone is going to do dishes, you might as well make sure you clean them properly (it's not that hard to clean a plate or bowl). Incidentally the other guy in the house always complains about mess yet does none of the cleaning... It's a shared rental...
  6. for those about to rock

Little Things You Hate

1. No. 2. Not overly, especially since she moved in. 3. It's a whole bunch of things. It's gone from just the boys to them and me. It's as though it's their house and I'm just tagging along rather than it being mine from the start; I'm pretty much relegated to my bedroom. The excessive use...
  7. for those about to rock

Little Things You Hate

One of my housemates moved out to travel and work in Europe for a couple of months ago. In his place, my other housemate's missus moved in. In that time, my life/time in the household has gone downhill than the Friday The 13th franchise.
  8. for those about to rock

Little Things You Hate

The ATO. After not being able to link whatever stupid online accounts you have to in order to pre-fill everything and having to manually enter all my details, I get to the lodgement stage where I am. again, confronted by having to link the two accounts again. After being locked out twice I've...
  9. for those about to rock

The Photo Snob Thread

Hey guys, I'm hoping someone on here point me in the right direction; you guys always do. I'm heading over to NZ at the end of the year for a uni trip and figured it would be a damn good opportunity to get some sweet shots, if not I'll have a 'decent" camera with me. What I was wondering was...
  10. for those about to rock

Little Things You Hate

Tyre kickers and people who don't delete for sale ads once they've sold the item.
  11. for those about to rock

Little Things You Hate

Single ply toilet paper.
  12. for those about to rock

The last movie you've last watched last

I went with the gf last night to see How To Train Your Dragon 2. It was her idea, and, after her making me watch the first, I was actually pretty keen. They're not quite dinosaurs, but dragons are just as cool. It actually had some pretty dark moments which also made it more appealing to a 22...
  13. for those about to rock

Attorney-General George Brandis set to crack down on illegal downloading

That's all well and good, but if they want to, essentially, forbid us from seeing content that is widely available elsewhere in the world, they need to get on board with Netflix and Hulu Plus. I'd gladly fork over my money for a subscription service so I didn't have to go trawling through...
  14. for those about to rock

The stupid questions thread.

I didn't think of that. I'll go and see if they can help. What does a "modest" fee entail?
  15. for those about to rock

The stupid questions thread.

Are there any places that professionally scan documents to PDF? I have 5 folders full of reports and, although I could do it, I'm lazy and would rather have someone do it for me.
  16. for those about to rock

Little Things You Hate

I'm with you on that one. I've got Glandular Fever and have spent the past three weeks in bed. Luckily I haven't got exams, but the lack of energy makes writing two 3,000 word essays quite difficult.
  17. for those about to rock

The Photo Snob Thread

Not gonna lie, I'd buy the shit out of that if it was printed...
  18. for those about to rock

A science nerd thread.

That would be awesome! I'm in need of a couple so if you've got them waiting to be binned I'd gladly take them off your hands for beer/postage money.
  19. for those about to rock

A science nerd thread.

Hell, plastic would even do. I'm going to have around 30 slides or so but I don't mind carrying around a couple of boxes if they're going to be cheaper than a larger one. But what you described sounds pretty good. Something like Dexter uses but cheap. At the same time, a quality one would be...
  20. for those about to rock

A science nerd thread.

Nerds, I need your help! I'm looking to buy a case to hold microscope slides. All the ones I've seen online go for about $8 but want around $50 for shipping. Does anyone know of an Australian supplier that wont send me broke?