Search results

1. for those about to rock

Food/Diet Are fitness wristbands worthwhile? And other weightloss tips

I've got a few (10-15) kg's to shed and have decided I might as well do something about it. I'm not too keen on the whole going to a gym things, If I want to go for a run I'd rather go outside and do it, same with a ride. As for weights, I'd rather use my own mass by doing pull ups/push ups or...
  2. for those about to rock

K.O.B. 2013 Round 1 Practise

Despite being left waiting for a hanger to arrive and not being able to race, I wasn't going to miss coming down for a look. I managed to get a few pics throughout the day, there were other people around so I assume more photos will appear at some stage. Here's some of the better ones but...
  3. for those about to rock

KoB 2012 Round 1 Practice

As I said I would, I managed to get down to Ballarat to have a look at the track and take some happy snaps. Unfortunately there were no back flips, but a couple of nice crashes over the big table top kept me entertained. These are the better ones I got, but there are a few more so, if you shoot...
  4. for those about to rock

The "250"

I have been watching a few movies recently and have found myself looking towards IMDB for guidance. I have also been looking intently at their to 250 movies list. Now, I'm not sure what sort of reception this thread will get, but hopefully it's a good one. The aim of the game is to see how many...
  5. for those about to rock

Conspiracy Theories

After posting in the Science Nerd Thread about the Moon Landings, the general consensus, apart from that they were real, was to make a thread for and about conspiracy theories. Any old or new theories can be discussed and debated at anyone's leisure. Some ideas could be: Kennedy's...
  6. for those about to rock

Ascent - Comemorating Shuttle

I was going to post this in the "Science Nerd Thread" as it would be more relevant there, however, I feel that people who would otherwise not look in that thread should watch this. "Photographic documentation of a Space Shuttle launch plays a critical role in the engineering analysis and...
  7. for those about to rock

Muck Up Day Ideas

I've had a search, but found no results. Also, if this thread is irrelevant, fell free to remove it mods. It's that time of year again and next week will be, for my school at least, the last day. My fellow Yr 12's and I have already got some ideas but we are after something truly creative and...
  8. for those about to rock

Pro Atherton Grips

Okay, today I bought a pair of these: http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/components/grips/product/atherton-grips-35771 However, as I have come to put the on my bars I can't get the internal lock into the end. At first the inside of the bar was a bit burred so I filed it down yet it still...
  9. for those about to rock

Penny Farthing Build

That's it! After tirelessly looking for a place where I can buy a penny farthing and all my results proven futile, I have decided I am going to try my hand at making one. Now, creating the frame should be pretty straight forward given I create a decent design, however, my main problem lies in...
  10. for those about to rock

Black Hill Condition

Gday all. I am going to Ballarat on Monday and was thinking about taking the bike and going to Black Hill. I was just wondering whether anyone knew what the current condition if the tracks are. I will most likely just ride the tracks used for KOB if that helps. Thanks in advance. Pete.
  11. for those about to rock

Post Your Yr 12 Jumpers

We don't really need another post your.... thread but as I have been getting ready for school I noticed my Yr 12 jumper. Now, a lot of schools get these made and quite a bit of effort goes into them so why not show them off? Lets say they can be past or present. Here's mine to kick things...
  12. for those about to rock

Tyre Pressure

Being only new to this whole road bike thing I don't quite know the in's and the out's just quite yet. Having come from running around 30psi on my dh rig I am a bit careful when inflating my tyres too much. Now to settle my nerves and to set myself straight can one of you kind people tell me a...
  13. for those about to rock

Article: Welcome to the new CMS. Read me first.

You can view the page at http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/content.php?40-Welcome-to-the-new-CMS-Read-me-first
  14. for those about to rock

Roadie Grips

Well, today I picked up a couple of old roadies but the old foam grips have pretty much had it. Now I was thinking about getting some tennis racquet handle grip tape stuff but is this the best solution? Should I get the same foam grips, the grip tape or something else I don't know about...
  15. for those about to rock

Downhill Tracks Near Adelaide

Gday all. After Christmas me and my family will be going to Adelaide. I have been given the opportunity to take my bike to keep me entertained however I am unsure of any tracks near Adelaide. If anyone could provide me with maps, descriptions, directions or photos of any tracks near the city I...
  16. for those about to rock

VIC SOLD 07 Kona Stab Deluxe: Price Drop $1200 SOLD

As said further down, sold to Jordan. Item: 07 Kona Stab Deluxe Location: Ararat, Vic Item Condition: Used. Reason for selling: New Car. Price and price conditions: $1800 - $1600 - $1200 Extra Info: Small stress fracture near headtube. Has been checked by Yarra Valley Cycles...
  17. for those about to rock

Horror Movie Ideas

Gday guys. Me and a mate are going to write and film a horror movie. However we are stuck right at the start process. We need an idea. We are both avid movie watchers and we dont want it to be a crap thing thrown together in 2 days. We are limited on resources as we are only two kids guys having...
  18. for those about to rock

Derailleur Hanger Question

Gday fellas. I have a quick question about hangers. I just bent/partially broke mine and am in need of a new one however I dont know ho to buy one. Are they made for the model of the bike, the brand of the bike or even the derailleur model? Thanks guys. Pete.
  19. for those about to rock

Ourimbah DH Track Directions

Hey guys. I have asked in the CCOMTB section but I decided to post in here to receive some desperate and much needed help from a wider demographic. Here is a direct quote from my most recent post. Ok guys. Thanks for all your help so far but none of the directions is what I'm looking for...
  20. for those about to rock

Bike Suggestions

Gday guys. I have had a search but I couldnt find what I was after. I am looking at getting a bike that I can ride around the town and get from A-B because riding around on a DH rig just kills me. I am after a decent bike however nothing too expensive around $800 maybe less. I will be looking at...