Search results

1. R

Where to ride around eastern suburbs (melb)

Whittlesea has some good trails, namely the course at the scout camp, just don't ride in the scout camp area as it's private property (only a short section of the track) Mt Dissapointment, in King Lake has a maze of trails everywhere And pretty much all along the Yarra. Sleeman
  2. R

Melbourne's after VCE exam Urban session-HUGE 12/13/14/ Nov

Count me in!! I vote for the Tuesday (16th?) meet at noon, ride all arvo, grab some food, then meet up with the trials boys at night. will bring a few mates along if they can make it.. This is gonna be sick! See you boys later
  3. R

Tips to make your bike lighter....

My secret is out, now I'm gonna have to get the new Scott Scale Carbon. only 970g for the frame, talk about light.
  4. R

Tips to make your bike lighter....

Yes! finally, someone who understands... And maebus, wait till you see my bike once it's completed, Should have it at around the 9kg mark, and thats without going for carbon seat post or cranks... My wallet's gonna be pretty light too, bonus!
  5. R

Your thoughts please...

I am in the process of building up a new XC race bike. I have already worked out what parts I am getting, but am having some trouble deciding on a frame. What would you recomend? I am after a light hardtail, but want to keep the price around the $1000 mark. Any opinions/ past experiances...
  6. R

Best XC Race Course

LTS, the course at Officer is not as hard as you make it out to be. Yes it is a little more technical than most, but in a good way. However I definatly agree with you when you say that it is FUN FUN FUN!
  7. R

Melb: Drinking: 17th (night): CBD

School hols start at the end of this week anyway. Spuddy, if no-one else is up, we can go local...
  8. R

Melb: Drinking: 17th (night): CBD

Might try to make it. Where were you thinking of heading???
  9. R

Suspension

Foc Shox are the way to go. Anyone I have spoken to can't praise them enough. Smooth all the way through their travel and haven't heard of anyone having maintenance issues. Also, the forks seem to have none, or very little, flex in them, witch will make for a more predictable ride. Don't know...
  10. R

Runnin a hook worm on the back for dirt/street

You guys are starting to sound like some of us XC guys. :shock: Don't worry about the weight so much! your bikes weigh heaps anyway. Your probably better off having a heavy tyre with stiff sidewalls compared with lots of flats. However I do like keeping a bikes weight down so the other...
  11. R

Bike Shop Recommendations in melb ?

Watsonia Super Cycle. Not actually in Melbourne, but really good anyway. They have helped me more than any other shop I have been to. And the beers after they close aren't too bad either. :wink: Also they are sponsoring me so that makes them extra special. :lol...
  12. R

Sat. 11th Sept. - Melbourne City Ride

Anyone up for a ride the weekend after?? I'm stuck with work that day.
  13. R

Best XC Race Course

Something to note about the Whittlesea track: The course is open to ride at any time EXCEPT for the section on the scout's land, we only have access to this part of the track when a race is on. It's only a short section that is solely there for a start/ finish area. However, there is...
  14. R

Trials shoes

I'm talking when doin drops and your hells drops down on the pedals and your toes say "hello" to your shin. Not a good feeling. However it is a common ocurance when landing on slopes and the wheel tries to run out from under me. ie. back pedal comes up fast! By the way, this is for unicycle...
  15. R

2 x 9 Cranks?

second the FSA Afterburners. Super strong yet really light, 594g weighed. Mind if I ask why you don't like ISIS? Andrew S
  16. R

lysterfield question

dude! We are getting a whole heap of new trails built for us, don't complain.
  17. R

Trials shoes

Using the volleys now, and they come in stealthy black! But I really need the ankle support as I keep gettin hurt... Thanks for the help guys.
  18. R

Trials shoes

Hey guys, I have noticed at a few trials comps that a lot of guys are wearing shoes that appear to be designed for trials riding. ie. thick, grippy sole and heaps of ankle support. Anyone know what brand they might be or even better, where I can get a pair. thanks guys, andrew
  19. R

Tuesday evening trials rides in Melbourne

How much does the ride move around? Cause I want to come along one night but don't want to get left behind, Unicycles aren't exactly known for their high speeds you know... Otherwise, how about a trials ride one weekend in the city?
  20. R

Slicks

I have a set of the Specialized Fatboys in a 1.25' and they are great. really grippy but still long lasting. these also ave the kevlar casing and have never had a flat. You will need narrow rims to run tyres this small though. Or if you run discs, get some disc hubs and lace them up to some...