Search results

1. B

VIC SOLD kthxbai.

Hey there. PM sent…
  2. B

VIC WTB Maxxis Overdrive 700x38c Tyres

Maxxis Overdrive 700x38c Tyres x 4 Melbourne Price range/Willing to Pay: ??? Extra Info: Looking to get 4 tyres all up, at least two to be without the reflective strip if possible. I bought some once from a bike shop out King Lake direction. Can't remember the name, or town. Good little...
  3. B

Mt buller big let down...?

I'm going to Buller for the first time this weekend :D Never ridden downhill before. Looking forward to it!
  4. B

Pawn shops that deal in bikes: Melbourne area

…or this Kona Unit?
  5. B

STOLEN: black ns capital, VIC (found)

Sorry to hear mate. The more I read of bike thefts the more I want to take it out on the prick who stole mine. Best of luck mate.
  6. B

STOLEN: VIC - Richmond - Kona Unit 2006

Hey all. Thanks for your help. Yes, I had a kryptonite lock (12mm cable) which they simply cut with bolt cutters (I guess). I'll give it about a month before I start looking for a replacement bike, or build. I had some 29" custom wheels on order for it, luckily they hadn't come in yet. The...
  7. B

STOLEN: VIC - Richmond - Kona Unit 2006

Bike: Kona Unit 2006 Colour: Brown Frame, black everything else Date it was stolen: 26th June 2008 Where it was stolen: Richmond, Barkly Avenue (near Burnley tunnel exit) Specs: - Kona Unit Frame (2006) - Kona Project 2 disc forks - Juicy 5 disc brakes - White Industries 16t SS freewheel - 42t...
  8. B

Entry level ladies bike

My girlfriend also wanted to get into riding (footpaths + fireroads etc). We (I) did extensive research online and we narrowed it down to two bikes. She was in love with one in particular, but when we tested it out it just didn't work/fit/feel right. The guy at Goldcross Cycles (big chain) in...
  9. B

My Kona Unit (2006)

Hey man, yeah I ride it everywhere! (including work, so I guess I'm not stupid?!? - heh). It's taken over from my Haro Escape 8.3 (I got the gunmetal grey colour, not orange/black). The Kona is half the weight, plus single-speed is twice the fun. Cheers
  10. B

Locate Maxxis Over Drive tyre *WITH* reflective strip?

Hey all. @ bob_jane: 'cos that was the US site (at least I think it was) and I'd have to pay for shipping. @ swanny: Cheers. Will give you a hoy during the week and pop round on the weekend? Are you anywhere near the new eastlink tunnel thingo? Will be down there on sunday for the 30km...
  11. B

Locate Maxxis Over Drive tyre *WITH* reflective strip?

Hey all. (Apologies for posting here, my trader request is still pending.) I'm trying to locate a bike store in Melbourne/Victoria that sells a Maxxis Over Drive commuter tyre *WITH* the reflective strip. I've inquired at my LBS (abottsford cycles), Goldcoss, CBD cycles, BSC Bikes, and a few...
  12. B

My Kona Unit (2006)

Hey all. Here is my bike, which I bought second-hand about a year ago for $750 (!!!). There's been much upgraded from stock, not by me though, so this is more or less the way I picked it up. Only things I've changed are the tyres, new Blackspire Chainring, and new SRAM chain. The bike is...
  13. B

The Single Speed Thread

My Kona Unit Hey all, here is my non-fixed single speed (scroll to the bottom of the page) Enjoyed looking at all your bikes, cheers!
  14. B

Post your commuter!

Kona Unit 2006 Hey all. Here is my bike, which I bought second-hand about a year ago for $750 (!!!). There's been much upgraded from stock, not by me though, so this is more or less the way I picked it up. Only things I've changed are the tyres, new Blackspire Chainring, and new SRAM chain...
  15. B

Put 29 inch wheels on 26 inch frame?

They didn't mention that to me, however, they didn't have a single speed specific rear wheel already made — so I had to order a custom on the back. The rep did apologise for not having the Latitude wheel in a disc compatible build.
  16. B

Quick Update #3: Surly Quick Release rear hub is a three-week wait. *sigh*
  17. B

Quick update #2: Turns out that the Latitude wheels aren't disc compatible, so the order was switched to the Orbits - $560. Turns out the orbits aren't specifically built for single speeds (have room for 9-speed cogs), so I put a stop to that as I've seen a couple of SS conversions and...
  18. B

Quick update: My LBS dismantled, lubed, and reassembled my bike today, installed a new Blackspire 42t chainring and a new SRAM PC-7x chain, (as well as made a couple of cosmetic adjustments). They assure me the 29er wheels will fit on my bike no probs, so I ordered the Latitude disc wheel...
  19. B

Yes, I'd take it easy until I felt comfortable enough to sideswipe taxis again. Bike being fully serviced on monday. Ordering (or not) of wheels to follow directly afterwards. Will let you all know how I get along, and post some pics if it goes ahead. (also post pics if it doesn't go ahead as...
  20. B

Thanks again. You guys/gals are champions :)