Search results

1. dunndog

Product Review OneUp Components Dropper Post and remote

Very glad to read this review and thread as I ordered this dropper yesterday in 170 with a wolf creek lever before reading any reviews.. purely based my purchase on my experience with oneup components and it seems I got it right. I also queried the cable situation after placing my order, and yes...
  2. dunndog

Tell me about riding in Bright

Take my advice. Buy a caravan site.
  3. dunndog

so whos booked a session at Maydena? and future of Private MTB parks.

There were about 5 to 1 enduro/dh rigs. I reckon 70% of punters would still not need a dh rig.. 150-180mm rigs hit the sweet spot I reckon.
  4. dunndog

so whos booked a session at Maydena? and future of Private MTB parks.

I was at the opening weekend. Holy shitballs. The place has covered a lot of bases! The shuttles were a bit slow, but it was opening day with over 250 riders, plus many other interested parties, families and just random in for a look. There are obviously goung to be teething issues and...
  5. dunndog

Yeah cheers, I'm pretty chuffed about it! Do a bit of mod work and get it ship shape by me t summer.. a few trips up riding and skiing and a little bit of elbow grease.. looking forward to it.
  6. dunndog

Just bought a little permanent caravan on a river front site in Porepunkah. That' how good I think riding in Bright is! And the whole surrounding areas. Spent 10 days up there after new years (popped Boom Kings' Mystic cherry... that comes across wrong doesn't it). Spent a splendid warm rainy...
  7. dunndog

Fuel EX 29 or Remedy 27.5?

Which did you buy? I ride a Tranny Patrol which is 27.5. Last week visiting Noosa took a demo '18 Fuel 29er out in Tewantin for a few hrs. I was really looking for the differences in cornering, handling, braking, climbing etc and guess what? I noticed jack shit. Loved riding it, very impressive...
  8. dunndog

Dakine Hellions

Looking for anyone who's got the Hellion knee guards.. how do you find them to pedal in? I'm tossing up between them and Slayers but I prefer the added protection of the hellion provided you can climb back to the top comfortably in them. I wouldn't be doing xc rides in them, just for burlier...
  9. dunndog

Evil Bikes Partner With Defcon Cycles

So for Evil owners, who do they deal with now in tertms of parts, warranty etc? The notorious Americans?
  10. dunndog

Training for xc race in 8weeks

Great advice for life in general.
  11. dunndog

iRide MTB Park Apollo Bay

...bueller....bueller...bueller...
  12. dunndog

Derby in Tassi

Damn mainlanders.
  13. dunndog

Might be secret...
  14. dunndog

Quick dropper post poll

Pitching in with a fox transfer.. easily removable and serviceable, had mine for over a year and hasn't missed a beat. Whatever constitutes a good dropper, this has it.
  15. dunndog

(Vic) Red Hill Gravity Enduro

Alternative facts
  16. dunndog

Give me your best 10 Day NZ tour!?

Keep Nelson and Dunedin high in your minds too...
  17. dunndog

All Mountain Tyres

They're floating around my shed.. I have a plethora of tyres chilling between 50-80% tread left.. cheers though
  18. dunndog

All Mountain Tyres

Gone with the tried and true HR2 3C Max Terra front and DD Aggressor rear. Both 2.3 on 28mm internal rims. Most smash worthy yet still respectable when riding the wrong side of the youies.
  19. dunndog

R.I.P. You Yangs brother.

Was actually thinking about that last week. Wow a year already?! Be safe all.
  20. dunndog

All Mountain Tyres

I only have 1 wheelset and run tubeless, so Im not running different tyres for different trails generally. If rather be running a heavier tyre with higher psi to get me through a cruisy xc roll than be undercooked when it counts on faster more aggressive trails, which I ride more than less...