Search results

1. swanny81

Rocky Trail 100 2013

Tough day out but awesome fun. Feeling it a bit in the arms and legs today... Well run event and good vibe - plus Stromlo is an awesome track too, so basically a top day all round! But damn, did I feel dodgy after finishing!! Large Big Mac meal in Goulburn sorted that out :P
  2. swanny81

Canberra Times article - road cyclists, coffee and sweaty bottoms

Maybe everyone is overthinking this all a little bit. Want to ride a road bike? Go ahead. Don't want to? No problem. Want to wear lycra? Sure thing. Don't want to? No worries. If you have an issue with cyclists in a cafe, I'm sure a quick word to the owner is the best way to sort it...
  3. swanny81

Chinese Carbon 29er

I haven't heard anything about weight limits, I imagine it would depend on how you ride it to a certain extent. Rather than the frame though, I think it is more components like wheels (rims), seats and seatposts etc that tend to cop a beating from heavier riders.
  4. swanny81

Post Your XC Machine

Nice evolution of the Anthem. In terms of reducing height in the front end, you could look at dropping the stem a little and removing some spacers? How do you find the narrower bars?
  5. swanny81

Chinese Carbon 29er

Yes, yes I do. Sorry, had been a long day :P Cheers! Not sure on keeping the tyres in that config, haven't ridden Schwalbe mtb tyres as yet so I'm more than open to swapping them over once I see how it rides. Thanks bud, yeah the pink grips are a bit of a gee up but I actually do like...
  6. swanny81

Chinese Carbon 29er

Just finished piecing her together today. Pretty happy so far but can't wait to see what it is like to ride off road on some decent trails. Summary of build: Large LTK023 frame in matte 3k finish, Sram XX drivetrain, Sid WC XX fork, Stans Crest wheels, Schwalbe tyres, Syntace bars...
  7. swanny81

Help choose 1st roadie between these two carbons Fuji vs Merida

Have you had a look at Cell bikes at all? If you are really looking to save dollars and aren't too worried about having a brand name product, they could be a good option?
  8. swanny81

New wheel set under $600

I bought Reynolds Solitudes within your price point and have been really happy with them so far - just another suggestion. Light, stiff and have stayed perfectly true.
  9. swanny81

Roadie tyres

I rode Conti GP4000S tyres initially when I started riding roadies. No big issues but did have one particular puncture that nearly left me skidding down the road. After that, went to Ultremo R1s, pretty happy with them and no major issues with flats. Superb grip and really fast rolling...
  10. swanny81

Post Your XC Machine

The Cube is banging! Love it!
  11. swanny81

Need a short list for 29ers to test ride

I'm currently piecing together a china29er as well (planning on exactly the same frame, LTK023 in 20" size) At this stage, I'm on track for a sub $2500 build with Sram XX cranks/derailleurs/shifters, Sid XX WC fork, Elixir SLC brakes, Thomson seatpost, Syncros carbon bars, Ritchey WCS stem...
  12. swanny81

Luscious Chocolate

Aww yeah
  13. swanny81

Faster server

Yeah I'm not seeing any pictures in threads just now either
  14. swanny81

Thoemus bikes

Wow, they're pretty!! Gorgeous looking bikes - hadn't heard of them before though
  15. swanny81

Rider etiquette sticky?

I think you actually answer this a little bit yourself - the key is that you let 'faster' riders past. If someone is clearly faster then the etiquette 99% of the time is to let them past (with a few exceptions such as if it is unsafe to do so, if there is not room etc) but if you have someone...
  16. swanny81

I need to lighten up, what do you take for a 100ker?

At this years Capital Punishment Compact saddle bag: - Multitool (with chainbreaker) - CO2 cartridge and valve - Couple of self adhesive patches - Quicklink - $20 note Bike: - 2 x 750ml bottles - 1 x inner tube (taped to seat post) Jersey pockets: - 3 bars - 2 gels The leg...
  17. swanny81

Capital Punishment 2012

Damn, that's not what I was hoping for...
  18. swanny81

Pro's/ Con's of the 29er

Thread takes a turn towards mega bikegirl fap, yet for some reason there is still 26v29 debate bringing it back on track? Homo. Moar girls!
  19. swanny81

FOUND: Mobile Phone found at Appin Trails

Any luck finding whoever lost the Garmin and other items? Did you try calling that number wilddemon?
  20. swanny81

FOUND: Mobile Phone found at Appin Trails

Nerf - That was the first thing I tried but I can't as the battery is flat