Search results

1. Jimass

DH M9

Well, here's my Solid Mission 9, had it for a while now, goes extremely quick. Thanks to Rick @ fearlesscycles.com.au for hooking us up with it. Frame - 2010 Solid Mission 9 Rear shock - LD WC RC4 with Ti spring (borrowed) Front shock/fork - 2010 Boxxer WC Handlebars - Rerverse Style 76...
  2. Jimass

LOST YouYangs ride day 20/12/09

Did anyone pick up my bag? Small hydration bag with 2 bottles of water in it, a phone and some other stuff? Contact me please!
  3. Jimass

Opinions on these wheels? Possible options?

Okay, just spit balling here but bare with me. Total Weight: 2067.6 Nipples: Dartmoor/87.6 Rims: Dartmoor raider/570x2 Spokes; Front: DT swiss new aerolite/139 Back: DT Swiss competion/191 Hubs: Reverse Racepro. Front: 180 Rear: 330 Weights are in red. Now I know I am for getting the...
  4. Jimass

VIC Sold

Item: 06 Norco aline, medium. Adjustable Geo. Location: Ferntree Gully, Victoria Item Condition: Good, some scratches, many stone chips. Reason for selling: Black jack and hookers. Price and price conditions: $1200 neg. Buyer pays postage... Extra Info: Comes with a super short seat post...
  5. Jimass

DH My Sundae! Small update.

I reckon it's just delicious; And now here is my Sunday. I reckon it's just delicious; I prefer to look at it, but I ride it occasionally...
  6. Jimass

Frame patent?

So, lately I've been designing lots of frames, trying to come up with something new. Now, I came up with a frame design almost the exact same as the Transition DH bike, the differences being the tubing. Now is this enough to clear me of patent laws? Or does mine have to be completely...
  7. Jimass

VIC Sold .......

Item: 08 888 RCV. Location: Melbourne, willing to post though. Item Condition: Scratches on lowers and one on the right hand stanchion, there in the photos, but you may/may not be able to see the stanchion scratch because it is that fine. Actually though it was a hair. :eek: Reason for...
  8. Jimass

Archived UCI DH WC winners?

I need that!^^^^^^ Can anyone help? Now I've searched, both this site and Google. Here's what I came up with: http://www.nissan-ucimtbworldcup.com/en/Results/Year_2007/ But I can't access the archived section. If someone can, can you post it up for me? If it matters its for a time...
  9. Jimass

Slow ish forking.

Alright, Problem a) my forks and how bad they feel. So I went to youies ride day this w/e had fun, made friend blah blah blah. Hitting the rock gardens on BoG Was fun, yet painful at the same time, with my fork not compressing fast enough, but still using all the travel with out bottoming...
  10. Jimass

Seat post size?

Alright, me and mate built up his bike the other day (07 Sasquatch), but his seat post doesn't fit. It's to big. I measured it with a ruler to be 31.00mm, but im not sure. Is this right? The Sasquatch needs a 30.00mm right? Or is it a 29.6mm? If they make those. It's an I-Beam seat post if...
  11. Jimass

Brake-Less?

Hi All. First of all I was wondering why people run brake-less. I'm having a serious think about it but can't figure out why. Does it teach you better bike control? That was my thoughts anyway. Also running one brake? Same deal as before? Thanks Jack. P.S If it has been done...
  12. Jimass

LOST VIC, Basin, RJays Missle FF DH Helment-Gloves-Goggles;

Okay. In the past few days I have been unable to find my DownHill helment, and I have come to the thought that I may have left it on the side of the road at the end of the track. As some of you may know I ride alot at Doongalla State forset, some more of you may have seen me waiting out by...
  13. Jimass

Air Preload?

Hi all, *n00b question alert* I was wondering if I could run my 08 888 RCV's with no preload? After seeing two fellow riders with the same fork model, year and even colour forks running a heap of sag I thought; ' Wow they must run no preload'. BUT I remembered that I pretty sure once read that...
  14. Jimass

Derailleur Snap-age;

Okay, so I snapped my rear derailleur (Shimano Alivio Sp?) casing a double at a BMX track, since I have replaced it with a Deore (shit I know). First ride it snaps as well, no casing but landed hard on a hip. (This is all on my A-Line) First I thought it could be the cable getting pulled down...
  15. Jimass

This one and That one

Frame - 06 Norco A-Line Rear shock - Fox DHX 3.0 Front shock/fork - Marzocchi 08 888 RCV Handlebars - Truvativ Hussefelt DH riser Stem - Marzocchi intergrated stem Headset - Mallet Grips - ODI Lock ons Saddle - SunLine V1 *drool* Seatpost - Unknown... Front brake - Avid Juicy 5, 8 inch...
  16. Jimass

delete plz xoxox

The Social Group for us! http://www.farkin.net/forums/group.php?groupid=44 Alright, Me and a few regulars and who ever else we can muster are going for a ride in Doongala state forest, at the jumps down there (Weather permitting). ATTENTION ALL USERS These trails are multi-use trails...
  17. Jimass

DHX 3.0 Noises?

Okay. Today I had a fiddle with my 06 DHX 3.0 and checked the pressure in it - was a bit low so I pumped it up now it's making a slurping noise, though I think it did it before this, maybe not. So I'm thinking it may be time for a service? If it isn't could I maybe be able to fix this 'noise' at...
  18. Jimass

SunLine V1 Saddle

Okay. I need a new seat/saddle after a mate broke mine. I'm looking at the SunLine V1 but it is worth the $$$? Yarra Valley wants $130 I think it was for theirs and CRC are wanting $108.86. Preferably a white one. Your thoughts? Recommend me a different one if you want. If I get nothing I might...
  19. Jimass

Calculating Chain length?

So as said above, how do you calculate chain length? I'll be running a 32-16 gearing set up on my bike and i know that the difference between the centre of the BB and the centre of the drop out is 42 centimeters. Any help? Cheers Jack.
  20. Jimass

Shifter mixer

Hey all! This may seem like a fairly 'n00bulor' question but I was wondering if you can mix and match derailers, well the brands for say use a Shimano shifter with a SRAM derailer. The reason i ask this is i heard that they use different shifting technics, and thus are not-compatible. You...