Search results

1. black4tress

Mtbing in the Bilpin area -help

Thanks!!! Thats good info and just what I need. :-)
  2. black4tress

Mtbing in the Bilpin area -help

Hey guys. I will be staying around Bilpin up in the mountains in a couple of weeks. Thinking of bringing the mtbike along. Can anyone recommend a nice scenic ride around that area. 20 or 30kms of riding would be nice. Have read elsewhere that theres a nice ride around Mt Banks but I cant find...
  3. black4tress

Dirt Works NSW 100K 2010

Thanks - I'll give it a go now.
  4. black4tress

Dirt Works NSW 100K 2010

Photos Although most of my photos are lame, I have a couple of the bridge ride that I want. The problem is how do we take advantage of the $28 for all my photos. If I add all the photos into my cart, it just keeps adding up. There doesnt seem to be an option to select bib number and purchase...
  5. black4tress

BMC Fourstroke rear link hitting frame

No resolution. I took it back to the store I bought it from and even one of their other ones in the inner west as a second opinion and i basically got the "theres nothing wrong with it" they even took it for a ride (abeit a few metres) but nothing conclusive. I wasn't particulary keen on their...
  6. black4tress

Dirt Works NSW 100K 2010

Is there anyone here that doesn't fall into the catagory of finishing sub 5 hours or anywhere near that for this years DW. I did it in 7.20 this year and aiming for under 7 next year. Sounds like I will be last by a long shot :(
  7. black4tress

Dirt Works NSW 100K 2010

I cant see the entry button ????:mad: Found it !!!
  8. black4tress

NSW Rockshox Recon SL 2008 - SOLD!!! pls move thanks

Item: Recon SL 2008 100mm Air QR Location: Inner West Sydney - pickup or post. Item Condition: Near new, approx 200kms old only. Came off my BMC that I bought 3 months ago. Reason for selling: Upgraded Price and price conditions: $330ono (buyer pays postage - approx $30 but can confirm...
  9. black4tress

suggest some new grips

How do these Ruffians lock ons rate for enduro and XC type riding ? Comfy enough ? Any other recommendations for others that come in red or white for xc ? thanks
  10. black4tress

Maybe, but it still shouldn't touch the frame. Shock is a DT Swiss which I believe is standard on that model. I did have a good look at it yesterday and there is a small amount of rub mark at the point where the rear link would touch the frame. Although this could just be some dirt build...
  11. black4tress

The shock is not bottoming out, its the opposite and hitting the frame on the up when the shock is at its highest. Could be a number of other things that you suggested so will leave it up to the lbs to give me a (honest hopefully) verdict.
  12. black4tress

Hi Guys, Have an 2008 fourstroke 03 dually. Have noticed that as I go over small mounds or bumps their is a knocking noise coming from what appears to be the rear suspension hitting the frame (most but not all the time). Even from looking at it stationary the linkage is very close and only a...
  13. black4tress

Manly Dam changes?

It's still a tough track for beginners but definitely smoothed out in some parts - good for me cause I'm not the most confident rider (not beginner either). I definitely wouldn't take my wife on there unless she is a pretty good rider or tough nut - she is neither.
  14. black4tress

M7 Cycleway Parking?

As what DW-1 said about parking on Station street. I have seen a number of riders park there. The other one which is closer to the M4\M7 spaghetti intersection is on walgrove road - accross the road to what use to be Aus wonderland entrance)...
  15. black4tress

L'officiel Le Tour 2009 Thread!

Big *insert anything you like* eg Tom Boonen, George Hincapie, trees, ants whateverrrrr.
  16. black4tress

problem resolved

Very well said.
  17. black4tress

It's a message from the 'Manly Dam' Ranger yogi

And that my friends is what they are trying to do. :(
  18. black4tress

Talon Troubles

Take it back to the bike shop and get them to look at it again.
  19. black4tress

L'officiel Le Tour 2009 Thread!

Contador is a loaded gun currently going off. He will run out of bullets soon. Lance will win the tour because he knows what it takes to ride for 3 weeks and win x 7. Cadels has no chance being 3minutes behind leaders. You cannot win a tour on your own and he's team is just not up to scatch.
  20. black4tress

Post Your XC Machine

.......and a cleary picture would do it more justice :p