Search results

1. GrubNut

New bike, steerer too short.

Ok I have a bit of a tricky situation. I recently bought a new bike and when I picked it up I found that the steerer had been cut so short that no spacers can be fitted. Also the fork appeared to be a different one to the one on the bike at the time I paid for it (different colour stickers). The...
  2. GrubNut

Surly 1x1 fork 80mm

Chasing a surly 1x1 rigid fork 80mm corrected. Cheers.
  3. GrubNut

Tell em he's dreaming

This one been on ebay for months. Bonus laughs for how he lists a bicycle blue book entry that shows the bike at about one tenth the starting price. Also "current driver licence details will be recorded prior to inspection". Fair enough, you never know when you're going to get rolled for all...
  4. GrubNut

Rigid fork with 410-425mm a2c. Eg, Salsa Cromoto or Kona P2's

Looking for a good quality rigid fork with around 410-425mm axle-to-crown measurement. I need about 190mm steerer. Ideally Salsa Cromoto, Triple butted kona P2's, Surly 1x1 etc.. Will consider others with similar measurements. Thanks
  5. GrubNut

Had a set of wheels built. Lacing looks weird.

Hi all, I had a set of wheels built from a reputable shop and when I got them home I noticed something weird about them. The spokes from the left offset spoke holes go into the right flange and the spokes from the right holes go into the left flange. Now I always thought that left goes to...
  6. GrubNut

Niner cya insert and BB install question

Hello everyone. I'm installing a good old Shimano m770 external BB crankset in my new Niner air9. I'm using inserts provided to me with the frame. The drive side has ~1mm flange and non drive has no flange and presses in flush. I was also supplied with a ~1mm spacer. So which side does the...
  7. GrubNut

Mail order frame arrived damaged. Repair or replace?

I got an Azonic AZ7 by mail order. Upon opening the package I was greeted with the delight shown in the photos. :mmph: I don't think it happened in transit as the box wasn't damaged. Now they are trying to convince me to take a discount and repair the frame myself. The headtube is no longer...
  8. GrubNut

Cadel at Fed Square Friday 12/08

http://www.fedsquare.com/events/cadel-evans-welcome/ Also going to be streamed live on SBS: http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/news/32096/evans-s-melbourne-visit-to-be-broadcast-live-
  9. GrubNut

Melburn Roobaix 2011 entry up for grabs

A Melburn Roobaix 2011 entry up for grabs. Price is $36, which is what it cost. PM me for details.
  10. GrubNut

Weird shifting problem

I've got a problem with my rear shifting that I haven't been able to solve. One day the bike just started misshifting, skipping, riding up on the ramps, and dropping or gaining a gear. No matter how I adjusted the cable just couldn't get rid of the problem. Happens intermittently. I adjust the...
  11. GrubNut

Perplexing DT Swiss 240s hub problem

I've have a DT Swiss 240s single speed specific hub. After a particularly epic ride, the freebub bearings had completely shagged themselves. The outer bearing had pretty much disintegrated. I replaced the two bearing cartridges in the freehub body (I was quoted $250 for a replacement...
  12. GrubNut

Hit by a car today. Apparently I was in the wrong! Just WOW

I got nailed by a car on the way to work today. Nothing broken but pretty spectacular. I basically can't move my right arm. I was riding down a hill past slow moving traffic, when a car pulled out from the traffic into my path to turn left down a side street. I slammed into the side of the car...
  13. GrubNut

Stans Valve Stem in Melbourne

I need to get a Stans valve stem tomorrow. Anyone know a shop in Melbourne that has them?
  14. GrubNut

How to lower axle to crown

I have an old steel mtb that I wouldn't swap for the world. The only thing is im running an 80mm fork with a 450mm axle to crown, and the head angle is a tiny bit slack, maybe one degree. I'd like to reduce the axle to crown to 435-440mm to tighten up the steering that little bit. Any...
  15. GrubNut

ow to lower axle to crown

I have an old steel mtb that I wouldn't swap for the world. The only thing is Im running a 80mm fork with a 450mm axle to crown
  16. GrubNut

240s singlespeed hubs with a tug nut

I have a 240s singlespeed hub on a mountain bike with track ends, and I'd like to install a tug nut. I dutifully ordered the surly tugnut, which has a 10mm hole, seeing as the 240s has a 10mm axle. But I found it wont fit as I need get the bolt thread through the hole which has 12mm width on the...
  17. GrubNut

What boss spacing for mini v brakes?

Anyone know what boss spacing is required for tektro mini v brakes?
  18. GrubNut

Thomson seatpost tilt adjustment problem

I can't get the saddle to angle forward more than about 15°. There's a little angle marker with numbers on the seatpost. I'm assuming the numbers denote degrees. But a limit of 15° can't be right as that means that the seatpost could only have level saddle rails on a bike with seat tube angle >...
  19. GrubNut

rp23 setup

Hey does anyone have the fox rp23 shock setup manual? The fox website doesnt seem to say I need to know what psi for my shock - I haven't touched it for about a year and can't find the manual..
  20. GrubNut

What's the effect of a shorter stroke shock?

I have an old nice old 1997 specialized ground control that takes a 6.0 x 1.5 shock. I can't find one of those but 6.0 x 1.25 is common (eg fox rp2). What would be the effect on the bike? Just 1/6 less travel? Is it likely to bottom the shock out too much?