Search results

1. davo231481

Aldi bike stuff

For 29$ the lights are good. I'm impressed by the light output but have yet to try them on the bike. Just been shining the light out in backyard. If not suitable for trails it will at least be a definite extra on my next camping trip.
  2. davo231481

What protection?

This thread has popped up at the right time for me. I'm also looking at reducing lumps and bumps on the old frame. Best price I've seen on the POC video knees is around 140 but a bit hesitant to outlay that without recommendations and I see a few here like them so might try these out.
  3. davo231481

Why has this place died? one for the pre 2010 crowd.

Shit yeah! Nothing like shooting your mates with Roman candles and throwing flowerpots at them or doing other stupid shit eg. http://youtu.be/9ztFHQqf7wM
  4. davo231481

Why has this place died? one for the pre 2010 crowd.

That's because they got rid of firecrackers and we now live in a nanny state where everyone is employee of the month and there's a law against everything or soon will be. Long live the daily telegraph , oracle of the whinger state. Btw not whinging just saying.
  5. davo231481

Budget/Value XC race bike

I've changed the stem to shortest and added some riser debar at 730mm. I can't get over how easy it climbs and handles rough shit. Here in Cooma it's mostly rocks or grit. At 169 cm I've got the medium( could've gone the smaller frame but wasn't on offer and didn't get to test ride it, but did...
  6. davo231481

Budget/Value XC race bike

I picked up a 2015 Scott spark930 just before Christmas . It's my first dually , carbon and 29er. I love it. Got the suspension tuned today and it inspired enough confidence for me to really hit an old fav track at some great speed. Previous bike was a Yukon so no comparison.
  7. davo231481

Little Things You Love

Getting air for the very first time. I'm out sorting settings on my new spark 930 and hit an erosion mound at a speed I wouldn't have tried before , and got some impressive (for me anyways) air . I've still got the grin hours later.
  8. davo231481

2016 Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt

Nice to see the dh bars.
  9. davo231481

Post your 29er!

My new ride My first dually , 29er and carbon framed bike. Just upgraded from a 06 Yukon Got a unbelievably good deal
  10. davo231481

Your 2009 Bike Related Goal.

getting my hernia fixed so i can ride again without the pain
  11. davo231481

Bad Eyesight - Riding Glasses

no matter what you pick just make sure you use plastic lens, though i dont know if you can get glass lenses anymore. ive had glass in my eye from riding motorbike to work when a stone flew up. the impact knocked a piece from the inside of my left lens into the corner of my eye. thankfully it was...
  12. davo231481

Sore neck/shoulders after longer rides

have just ordered a shorter stem off torpedo7 to try and eleviate sore back and numb hands problem. getting new grips as well. I also tried to score a loaner stem to see if it improves set up but no luck as everyone seems to run roughly the same length. My frame is 08 yukon and seems just a...
  13. davo231481

Cooma DH tracks.

hi how did you get on in Jindy on the sunday? cheers Dave
  14. davo231481

No Helmet......it's not cool

so who wears what type of helmet? i wear a vented xc but my sons after a full face- should i upgrade his vented xc type to a bmx type or go the hog and get the ff? hes 10 yo and rides to school and trails on the weekends. what are your thoughts on the matter?
  15. davo231481

Massive Stack

oooouuuccccccchhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  16. davo231481

Massive Stack

17. davo231481

DT Project-Help

good title post it up after it is marked.
  18. davo231481

Thredbo riding?

as youre heading south out of cooma take the left hand turn up mt gladstone. theres a bit of single track up there wandering around the hills and a coffee shop ( miss heidis, though i cant vouch for it)near the summit. You will need to open your eyes a bit tho. Call into the sports store in the...
  19. davo231481

Rain...

it hardly ever rains here. I wish it would so i could compare the feeling of riding some single track with the moisture falling from the sky rather than my forehead.
  20. davo231481

Recommendations for custom design jerseys

you could try (google) Hot Designs at caringbah. They supplied us with a good dh jersey in a quick turn around time at a reasonable price and we only ordered 9. They even have a graphic designer to give you any help you need.