Search results

1. BellButterface

women only events?

I've been riding for 2 years now & have entered one event only todate and pulled out the morning (poor partner had to do a 6hr on his own.... whoops!). For me, the reason why I don't enter races is nothing to do with others being annoyed about me being on the course. I know how friendly they...
  2. BellButterface

Ride in Sydney this Friday?

Hey... We're still riding at Loftus. Meeting at the oval as usual at 10:30am. Hope to see you there.
  3. BellButterface

clipless pedals

Howdy, I've been riding 18 months now & after the same amount of time freaking out about the possibility of going to clipless I did it. Swapped about 5 rides ago & will never go back. I've got shimano XT's. Within 5 minutes of my first ride had stacked & everything worked as it was suppose...
  4. BellButterface

clipless pedals

removing double post as cant find the delete option....
  5. BellButterface

Girls rides in Sydney?

thanks for the offer, however we are heading south to the six hour event on the south coast....due to leave sutherland early saturday morning... next time... :cool:
  6. BellButterface

Girls rides in Sydney?

Sorry, missed your message. Was working anyway. You've got my details now, just sms. I seriously need Fling training.
  7. BellButterface

Girls rides in Sydney?

Hi Shells, Karyn here, Shrekmeisters partner. Wow! I remembered my logon. Thought I'd speak for myself. Yep, really keen to get onto the track with some other newbies. I've been riding for a year but ain't improving a great deal. Lost my mojo after an big over the hadlebars stack. Yes...
  8. BellButterface

Chix Ride - Sydney area

Hi Fi, Have registered for the Chix ride. However, with the weather like it is, do the rides get called off if the weather is poor or if the tracks are too wet? Ciao, Karyn:confused:
  9. BellButterface

Help - Why are good enduro riders SSSOOO much faster?

sorry..answer under wrong persons log in....
  10. BellButterface

Chix Ride - Sydney area

Hi All, Had my private lesson with Robyn from ambc on the weekend. She was fab & took a lot of time with me. We went over and over the same things a number of times; which is just what I needed. I started the 3 hours freaking out about having the do new things like a tiny down hill but...
  11. BellButterface

Chix Ride - Sydney area

Thanks Fi, Had a look at the AMBC site & that is just the stuff I need, however, the 1st course isn't currently scheduled any time soon. Might see about a private for the 1st one. Thanks again.
  12. BellButterface

Chix Ride - Sydney area

Hi Fi, Karyn here (bellbutterface). Shrekmeister said I might join you one day Well, would love to join some chix riding groups but I don't even think I have a ability to do that. I've ridden 5 times on the mtb & probably been on a bike 30 times in my life. I do give it a go, but don't...
  13. BellButterface

Introducing the Girls

Newbie Hi All, My name is Karyn & I'm 35 (no spring chicken) but ..... I need HELP PLEASE!!!! I'm new to Farkin.net let alone riding, not to mention mtb'ing. Brought a bike in January & probably only ridden less than 30 times in total (now that's all together in my whole life). Now for...